Fri, Sep 20, 3:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Dynamic gloves?

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 9:27 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:43 AM

Is there a dynamic glove(s) for poser 7? Or anyone know of a pair that convert nicely? I've tried converting various conforming gloves, but they always cause problems and take WAY too long.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:25 AM

Hi what would be the advantage of a Dynamic Glove?

My website

YouTube Channel

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:40 AM

Gloves dont really need to be dynamic, it's surely the better thing who can be conformed without a lot of artifact !

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:45 AM · edited Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:45 AM

Yes, but you can't artfully drape them over the back of a chair, now can you? I ended up putting a transparency on a cloth plane and using that.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:49 AM

Oh like this ? the most simple is creating a prop from your glove with the grouping tool, exporting as obj, then importing it and animate it

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

drewradley ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 10:55 AM

Tried that. Didn't work very well. The fingers don't drape properly. Or it takes too long to calculate. Tried three different pairs of gloves.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 4:17 AM

It's my belief that the cloth room doesn't work very well with small, intricate geometries. The fingers of gloves - whether on a hand or not - would fall into that category, if it's true. I tried clothifying transmapped hair once, and the simulation went screwy around the figure's ears.

You might be able to get better results if you scale everything up by, say, 10 before simulating? 

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 10:26 AM

Since I didn't actually need them to be functional a transmapped cloth plane works well enough. It was just a background prop anyway. I might fire up blender and make a glove shaped plane if I need it again.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.