Sun, Sep 22, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Help with runtime organization

TinyAngel ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 3:25 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Hello! I've dl'd a lot of things some of which are not ending up in the right places. I tried to organize my files using tutorials, but it seems to have made matters worse. PLEASE HELP! Thanks so much :)

Dialer ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2009 at 4:14 PM

Have you tried this tutorial? It's very clear and well-written for beginners.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/29425/pdf/word-doc-tutorial/Reorganizing-Your-Content-in-DAZ-Studio

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2009 at 11:32 PM

...I heartily recommend Jaki's tut. 

I've been using her method and my runtimes are making total sense now.

One key though.  If, like me, you are going to have your runtimes in the C:Root  (or root of whatever drive you are using) be sure to install Studio to that path first as it sets the install path in the .ini for all your plugins.  I struggled for several days trying to get LDP2 and ahEnvironment2 to install correctly and was about to file a bug report when this was pointed out to me.

Since I did this everything works fine, and Studio runs a lot faster.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

TinyAngel ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 10:19 AM

ok, i figured out how to organize, but while going through my files i notice duplicats.. whats the difference between P4, P56, and PP files? i use DAZ... i figure they are poser, but which should i keep? or should i keep them all?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 2:32 PM

Those refer to different Poser versions, which required slightly different material settings. PP (Poser Pro Pack, a sort of 4.5 version rather than the current Poser Pro) is the best one to use if it's there: otherwise you'll have to see which of P4 and P5 or later works better - since the labels were applied by humans their usage isn't absolutely consistent. Also, there is a script being developed (and available as a beta) that will read more information from the files for later versions of Poser so it may be worth trying that and perhaps keeping the P5 or alter files.

TinyAngel ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2009 at 7:18 PM

awesome thanks so much :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.