Mon, Sep 23, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Venitian Fountain (Wings3D + 3D-Coat)

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:50 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:31 AM

file_442093.jpg

I saw a nice little interior fountain today, here's what I remember of it...

first image : Quick and dirty paper sketch, with the flawed perspective and all, drawn before some details slip from my memory .

Anyway, it's a little project on the side, just to relax, from more the "serious" diving-suit stuff. :)

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:51 PM · edited Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:52 PM

file_442094.jpg

second image : Modeling start, just a few min. ago, in wings3D. The main reservoir (not sure about the adequat english term here, for a fountain).

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Thu, 29 October 2009 at 2:52 PM

file_442095.jpg

and third : Playing in 3D-coat, which I'm still learning. Not a satisfying result to say the least, but educational.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 4:22 AM

If there's a special word for the lower part of a fountain, I haven't heard it. I've heard it referred to most often as a basin, but reservoir will do just fine.

I like the gargoyle, although I admit it doesn't look much like your sketch. :-) Keep up the good work, anyway. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

airflamesred ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 6:49 AM

I like that gargoyle

Daidalos ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 3:06 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the gargoyle.

"The Blood is the life!"

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 10:48 PM

In the trade here the bottom bowl is a basin or bowl depending on its shape, and a spill bowl if it has water flowing over the edge.

Ithought the sketch looked like a lion head , but that might be my expectation for fountain figures. :)

Its a great start whatever it is .

kenmo ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 2:07 PM

Very nice wip...please keep us posted on it's progress....

Daidalos ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 1:12 AM

Yeah I'd like to see the finished one too.

D.

"The Blood is the life!"

Dann-O ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 8:04 PM

3D coat hmm interesting wanted to get into a sculpting app.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.