Sun, Sep 22, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: OT: Planning my final resting place etc

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:32 PM

morbid?
I don't hink so. I want to be buried green ... in a bio-degradable, inexpensive casket.
I'm trying to get a permit to be buried in my own yard. If that falls through, on some nice property.

Then I'm going to have a tree planted over me....which as you can figure, the nutrients from my body will help feed the tree, thus I become part of the tree. cool

I wrote an epitaph for me headstone..which will probably be on wood ... anyway, here goes:Tell me what you think....

It's me, David A. Loomis
Soon to be nothing but humus
It's a bummer I had to die
But soon I'll be cherry pie

Also putting together a nice rockin CD to be played at my last party. Going to have some good barbecue, cold beer, and lots of loud music.
Enjoy.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

geoegress ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:23 PM

Funny headstone Dave :P

I'm to poor to get what I want. The state will probably cremate me and dump the ashes out back.

So I made my fantasy grave site. :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1502150

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:35 PM

I always tell people that when I die, they can cremate me and sprinkle my ashes over Greg Lake.  (Greg Lake the singer, not an actual lake).

Something tells me he wouldn't appreciate that much. I'd wind up in the receptacle of a Dyson a'fore long...

Laurie

replicand ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 9:51 PM

Another vote for cremation here...I've really been meaning to get a will drawn up, seriously. It's free (US Navy)  so why not.

No fanfare, just dump me in a toilet. That way I spend eternity wandering the world's oceans - not unlike my current life.

ironrodent ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:02 PM

In Israel, the body is wrapped in a sheet, and then planted in a hole.

Ironrodent aka Djughashvili's Gerbil

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:24 PM

...and most of the Arab world as well...

I'm halfway tempted to have 'hey y'all, watch this' put on my headstone...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:30 PM

I just want no one to be too sad..  And they play Meatloaf's  "Life is a LEMON..  AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK"...!!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:42 PM

You could always use this as your epitaph...

"See, told ya I was sick!"

That one actually exists, but I don't know where...lol.

Laurie

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:48 PM

I think you need to reconsider your Stone enscription.

Here I Lay
David Loomis
Changing slowly into Humus
All Hopes and Dreams Now gone
I lay fertilizing this patch of lawn

I just keep a big garbage bag on my bedside table with a note.
If one day I dont wake up, use two twisty  ties and place bag at kerb, Thanks

replicand ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 10:52 PM

Ha ha Pakled. Very similar to my Idaho friend's "hold my beer and watch this" moments. Which usually ended in at least mild discomfort for him.

Anniebel ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 11:08 PM

Our local University, is developing a medical stream, so you can now donate your body for medical students to practice on, I was thinking I might go this route as there are no funeral costs.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2009 at 11:12 PM

Quote - You could always use this as your epitaph...

"See, told ya I was sick!"

That one actually exists, but I don't know where...lol.

Laurie

the late great Spike Milligan

to quote

He had once quipped that he wanted his headstone to bear the words "I told you I was ill." He was buried at St Thomas's Church cemetery in Winchelsea, East Sussex, but the Chichester Diocese refused to allow this epitaph.[30]A compromise was reached with the Irish translation, "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite"

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:59 AM

I woudln't worry too much about a non-green casket because chances are your grave is going to be repurposed in a century anyways.  Who knows, they might tear down your house/nice land and put up a parking lot.  Normally I'm not for environmental anything and in some placesyou have to get a certain type of casket in order to prevent contaminating the ground water, however with modern caskets, chances are your body is going to putrify because all of the liquids can't get out and all that is left is a slimey mess. 

If I had the choice, I think I'd like to be buried somewhere that it would be very likely that I would eventually fossilize, but the odds of that happening is remote. 

I would say however that digitizing my personality and memories and putting it into a robot would be tempting.  That wouldn't help my soul as it would have gone to wherever God deems worthy and the real me would still end up dying, but if my memories or personality could help or whichever aspects of them I choose to pass on, I might consider that providing it is religiously ok to do so; if it would be considered a sin, then I wouldn't. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:24 AM

They can just make Soylent Green outta me.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:00 AM

I'm going to be cremated, but I've got a little something special added in my will for what I want done with them ashes.

First I want them packed into the biggest firework rocket ever made, then on the first birthday after I die I want everyone to go down to beachy head & after the sun goes down I want that rocket set off so I can go out with a huge bang.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:04 AM

After I die, as per family tradition, I'd like someone to gather my remains and use them to bludgeon-to-death whoever was responsible for killing me.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:18 AM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:22 AM
Site Admin

I want to be cremated and half my ashes buried in Pennsylvania (where I've lived for the past 25 years) and the other half in California (where I was born and raised).

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:43 AM

I'm thinking it would be important to end where you began ....

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Klebnor ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:00 AM

I want to leave this world as I entered it ...

Naked,

Broke,

and

In bed with a gorgeous woman.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:22 AM

I don't think it's at all morbid to have a game plan ready for when you die.  This way, your family knows what you wanted.

My sister, who would have been 30 last week, died when we were both seniors in high school, and it was obviously unexpected.  That turn of events showed me how important it is to plan for something like death, because you never know when it's going to happen.  I don't have a game plan, so much as a set of rules for what I want :lol:

I don't want a "viewing".  They're somber, they're grief-filled, and I want none of it.  I want a wake with a full bar, and I've got a big enough life insurance policy to cover that AND the funeral ;)  I don't want a bunch of crying.  
If the graveyard where my sister and cousin are buried is full by the time I die, I would like to be buried in a graveyard by a river.  Not for me.  If my kids bring my grandkids to come see me, I want them to have somewhere to skip rocks or something.  Graveyards are boring.  Unless you're there to make headstone rubbings.
Oh, there's the last thing.  I want my gravestone to be cool and kind of creepy.  There is a headstone near where I grew up where everyone grew up telling the legend of the witch with 6 fingers....in reality, it was her wedding bouquet, with cement poured on it.  She, unfortunately, died on her wedding night, and her groom placed her bouquet on the top of her headstone, and they poured the cement.  I don't know if it ate at the flowers, but the stamens stayed intact, and were coincidentally set to look like a hand with an extra fingers.  100 years from now, I want my headstone to be part of a hazing rite.  :lol:  I know, THAT is morbid, but it makes me useful ;)

The sad thing is, most graveyards don't allow planting anymore.  We have to put plants in pots and plantholders at my sister and cousin's grave.  Dave, I hope you get your wish, and are permitted to be buried somewhere else and a tree planted above you.  It sounds beautiful.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:27 AM

I know what I want any stone to say about me.

'I'm not in. please leave a message'

the meat, I want that to goto a body farm.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:41 AM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:41 AM

Well I hope I die in a way that will allow some of my organs to be donated to someone else. I won't need them once I'm gone. Whatever is left by then, they can do whatever they want with. I've always wanted to be a school skeleton, but sadly those are mostly made out of plastic these days.. still to be around somewhere would be kinda cool. Then I could haunt the place if such an option exists. 

Seriously though, I do want the organ donation thing for whatever parts are usefull (things like corneas are usable almost no matter how old you are when you die) and the other bits are to be cremated and dumped in a hole. If my relatives wants a headstone and a place to go remember me at, it's their choice. Personally I'd prefer to judt go in the unmarked grave - that way nobody needs to go around with a guilty conscience for NOT putting flowers on my grave at set times. I know it made my mom feel guilty for the ten years my fathers grave - with headstone and all - existed, because she felt she should go there more often, but just didn't feel anything by doing so.

There are other ways to remember people than standing at their grave, luckily.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

raven ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 9:19 AM

I told my daughter that when I get cremated, she can either a, drive me around in a vase on her car's dashboard (if she gets a car when she's older) or I'll have myself made into a diamond (like this, www.lifegem.com ) which she can wear in an earring or necklace! :)
Funnily enough she's not too keen on my ideas :)

Morana ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:49 AM

I want to be laid to rest in a bed of flowers on a funeral barge that has been pushed out to sea and set ablaze.  Hopefully my life insurance will cover the cost of the fines.

lady-morana.deviantart.com

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:03 PM

Quote - I want to be laid to rest in a bed of flowers on a funeral barge that has been pushed out to sea and set ablaze.  Hopefully my life insurance will cover the cost of the fines.

On a similar note...have you ever seen the movie Eulogy?  This, too, can go awry.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:13 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:14 PM

I want to be placed in a casket at the funeral home holding a sign that says, "What are you lookin;' at?!"
For an epitaph, I can't decide between "Pardon me for not rising" or "Buzz off!"
:b_grin:

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:21 PM

I have only two wishes for when I pass away:

1. I want everybody that dislikes me to come and jump on my grave.

2. I want to be buried at sea.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

milanautica ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:29 PM

When I'm dead I want to be cremated and send to the universe.
Maybe someday aliens will find my urn and reproduce me with their extraordinary technology :D

No seriously... It has always been a dream of mine to fly around in the universe, in the eternal silence...but I hope I'm still alive when universe flights are affordable for us normal people.

I don't want to just lie under the earth...

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:48 PM

If there's enough of me left to bury then I wasn't trying hard enough!!

My epitaph should read Best Before and the date of my death

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

milanautica ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 2:06 PM

you all really have very interesting epitaphs :D
i enjoy that!

NoelCan ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 2:33 PM

I will not describe here..  The funeral of the air as described in "The Tibetan Book OF The Dead"
would be appropriate for Me...  The next best would be to a body farm..

LIFE is still a LEMON....   AND I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK...!!!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:46 PM

I just plan to die in a public area and have people step over my rotting remains...

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:48 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:48 PM

just to mention, in the states they don't allow said disposition on one's estate.  just look at what went on with jacko after he passed away.  i ain't a lawyer.

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:11 PM

When I go, I want to die like my 82yo Grandfather…..

Peacefully in his sleep.

NOT like the screaming idiots riding in the car he was driving at the time.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 6:25 PM

Quote - When I go, I want to die like my 82yo Grandfather…..

Peacefully in his sleep.

NOT like the screaming idiots riding in the car he was driving at the time.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:39 PM

LOL Ziggie!

And ROFL SWAMP! I like that one!

More fun epitaphs here: http://www.webpanda.com/ponder/epitaphs.htm

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ironrodent ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 10:08 PM

Can't get much more biodegradable than what we do here in israel: a bedsheet shroud in a meter and a half deep hole in the ground.  No coffin, but cement flagstones are used to outline the bottom of the hole, and after the body is placed inside, other cement flags are used to pave over the top.  Then the dirt is shoveled on top of this.
Part of this is because Jewish ritual law requires that the body be buried on the same day that it died.
Djughashvili's Gerbil

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 7:07 AM

I've had my funeral planned since I was in my mid twenties. In fact it's already paid for.

I plan on being cremated and having my urn buried in my Mom's plot.  They will dig up a spot, plant me in there and then put a plaque at the foot of her grave.  I also paid for a small party/wake post burial.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ironrodent ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 8:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Epitaph:
Here I lie,
Brokenhearted!
Broke some wind,
And then departed!

skuts ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 10:14 AM

I will be violated by hot necrophiliacs and eaten by cannibals.

"Facts are the enemy of truth."

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 10:56 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2009 at 10:57 AM

If your funeral doesn't involve a catapult...your doing it wrong...

LOL. ^^

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.