Fri, Sep 20, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 SR 2 live

arcebus ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 12:57 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

.... over at SmithMicro

www.skin2pix.com

arcebus ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:01 PM

SR2 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:
·    Officially supports Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
·    General performance and stability updates and improvements.
·    Material Room improvements
·    Rendering and Lighting improvements
·    Content Library improvements
·    Includes all updates found in the previous Poser 8 SR1 updater and the Poser 8 hotfix.
In order to download Poser 8 SR2 or receive technical support for the product, you must have registered your Poser 8 application serial number. If you have not yet done so, please register now at:  http://www.smithmicro.com/support/product-registration.aspx

With your registered your Poser 8 serial number, you can access and download SR2 for
Windows: http://my.smithmicro.com/win/poser/updates.html
Macintosh: http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/poser/updates.html

...the ReadMe says...*

www.skin2pix.com

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3558195

*coughpostedonthe16thsorrymatecough*

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 1:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Putain faudrait voir à se réveiller !!!

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 2:22 PM

Il y en a qui essayent de suivre avec du retard. ;-)

An early wintersleep perhaps, woken up by global warming??

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

arcebus ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 2:25 PM

Yes, I got the mail today, wanted to do you a favour.
I am sorry that I actually do have a live - so I do not spend all of my time in any forums.

And, "Anthanasius" - I am not a whore.

www.skin2pix.com

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 3:01 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Sssst, calm down.
The correct translation in this context is NOT the word used above.

I am from Belgium-Europe, just north of France,  speak and write both languages, so let me tell you very kindly, that the translation is wrong, and could indeed get you offended.

Both answers can se seen as "surpriced", and where written with a smile.
Please read them with a smile.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 4:28 PM

Lol arcebus sorry if you think i talk about you but i dont know how say that in english :-)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 5:44 PM

yes, one can confirm it don't mean "whore" in said context.
very loose translation into idiomatic english: "damned happy to hear about it, old chap"

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:03 PM

Still.. Why write in a language not all understand? This is primarily an English-language forum, isn't it? It shouldn't be necessary to run ordinary entries through babelfish just to be sure you aren't insulted or misunderstood... 

And whore was the meaning I knew of putain as well. Then again as Miss Nancy said in her translation "damned" taken out of context isn't a nice word either :)

Just.. when the OP posts in English, let's keep it in that language, ok? Unless someone SPECIFICALLY asks for help in another language. Anything else is actually rather rude IMO. 

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:32 PM

It's incredible !!! Frenchies need understand english and not the invert ? What  world ...

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 7:54 PM

Quote - It's incredible !!! Frenchies need understand english and not the invert ? What  world ...

الله وتكره المتغطرسة

My website

YouTube Channel

flyerx ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 8:18 PM

Attached Link: http://translate.google.com

Google translate offers a better interpretation of the french phrase.  It even worked on the arabic  posted above.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 8:38 PM

Ah yes nothing like world peace to make one feel all warm and cozy.....Ná bac leis

My Facebook Page

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 10:51 PM

Language doesn't matter. Humans seldom understand what is another's heart.  ^__^

We have to trancend language, not be shackled by it.:laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2009 at 11:14 PM

Quote - It's incredible !!! Frenchies need understand english and not the invert ? What  world ...

When in Rome? Yes! I'm sorry but it's completely arrogant to answer an english written post in an english forum in a language that the original question was not written in. What a world indeed!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 1:01 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2009 at 1:03 AM

Wars can start by assuming Google's translator is correct.  Leave the translating to people that know the language.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

odf ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 4:36 AM · edited Thu, 03 December 2009 at 4:37 AM
Online Now!

Quote - Wars can start by assuming Google's translator is correct.  Leave the translating to people that know the language.

Hey, we're on a internet forum. Wars can start here because someone forgot an apostrophe.

Hab' ich recht?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2009 at 11:02 PM

Quote - Hey, we're on a internet forum. Wars can start here because someone forgot an apostrophe.

Hab' ich recht?

Google translates it the same either way.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.