Thu, Oct 3, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What is your gallery like?

Anasta ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 4:27 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:25 PM

Guess this is my way of getting to know the other artists out there...

For starters, what gallery do you upload to the most? Or more directly, which one do you find yourself uploading to without realizing it? Is it the same gallery you're drawn to when browsing other artists work?

Personally for me, I find myself uploading mostly to the Fantasy or Atmosphere/Mood galleries but when browsing I end up looking more at Realism or Sci-Fi or even Goth. Do you ever wonder what draws you to certain galleries? Sometimes I open up Poser and start working on a project that I can see clearly in my head but it almost always ends up completely different from what I intended. Recently I've been trying to make more Fantasy or Faerie images and each time I go to render, I just know its not going to work out.

Anywho, look forward to getting to know what goes on inside other artists heads or if its just me and I'm going bonkers or something :P

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 4:31 PM

If you want to know more about me and my stuff, take a read of my "Re-evaluate" thread elsewhere on the page.  

I'll take a browse of your gallery later. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 4:36 PM

What's my gallery like? Not very populated, but populated with complete and total junk ;o).

No much for doing renders lately. Life calls....

Laurie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 4:48 PM

Mine is more centered on children, soft moments, saddness and harsh life.  Reality a few fantasy.

Aanascent ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 5:14 PM · edited Wed, 23 December 2009 at 5:14 PM

Back when I used to post, I was all over the place genre-wise but towards the end I turned to a sort of "portrait purism" where I would try to set up a scene as simply as possible and eke the maximum effect out of that.  The Perfect One Spot Render was my holy grail at the time.

Now I think about that and laugh.  Talk about silly and pretentious.  But I made some purdy, and utterly meaningless, pictures, while learning a lot about now outdated technology.  Bonus.

Render and tweak, render and tweak... now that I think about it I guess my process hasn't changed much. I think that the process is my motivation.  I get a big charge out of making a tiny change that makes "the" difference to me.  I've never been a great artist, but I have been an okay technician who occasionally made an image that worked.

There is always room to learn.

But thinking further, my favorite images have always been satirical, though.  I enjoyed the bait & switch, trying to catch people off guard to make them laugh.

-A

www.aanascent.com

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 5:24 PM

I'm like you- I never know what the end result will be.
As far as gallerys. I'm all over the place. (shrugs shoulders) whatever hits my fancy for the pic. I've posted a bit to mixed media, a lot of plain ole poser, some sci-fi, some 2d.

When I do surf the gallerys I allway look in 'whats new'.

When ya look in my gallery the pics tend to get grouped. One page may be all spacescapes, the next may be 2d's. lol, You just never know what hit my fancy for a bit.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 5:55 PM

I'm a really big fan of Anime and Manga art styles and you can see the influence in much of my art. I do realism but I upload mostly to the Anime and Manga art. In my opinion Anime and Manga are the physical representations of exagerated raw emotions.  If a feeling could come to life as a characte, it would look like Anime or Manga..

When I make my characters, I think of the emotion first and then think of how that emotion would look if it came to life.  I know some artists create the character first and add the emotion but I do it just the opposite way. I think of an emotion and then I think of what would that emotion look like as a character. 

Frederick
Poser By Design

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 6:16 PM

Usually Gothic but sometimes landscape, scenic or SciFi

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 6:27 PM

Interesting question. My "Gallery", such as it is...

None of my work is really finished. Well, maybe one: the one for Charley. I'm not an artist, so what I post isn't really artwork as such: it's more about discoveries I've made.

Like the latest one: it's about water reflections. How long have I been struggling to get that right!! And along comes BagginsBill (my absolute GURU) and has this incredible solution. Voila: realistic water!
I would like to do a story... I've got this rather out-there idea that would be brilliant fun to explore. Well, it would be for me, anyway.

Isn't the gallery a rather personal thing too?

Like BellaSometimes: she posts all this incredible prose and stunning artwork and doesn't seem to expect any comments or feedback. Like the gallery is providing some sort of cathartic release.

Different strokes.

No idea if my story will fly, but it's worth a shot. Gotta finish these eyebrows first, though... I've found this incredible solution for realistic eyebrows that I can't wait to try!!!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

NoelCan ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 6:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: My gallery

file_445264.jpg

I start mostly with just a setup of lights,  add a figure or prop and start from there.

If someone was looking for something specific I always keep in mind their requirements..

This image is done in Poser Pro 2010 beta using Global Illumination..!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 7:32 PM

Attached Link: The Gallery

Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and a touch of whatever.  Sometimes an image comes to mind or I become inspired.  I tend to dabble mostly in the technical aspect of Poser.  And. like Robyn, I am an avid acolyte of Bagginsbill.  I don't have much in my own gallery, however I have become better as time progresses.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 7:36 PM

It really depends upon my mood. I've posted many different types, but I think some of my best work (I've never been 100% satisfied with any of my stuff... I'm my own worst critic!) has come when I was feeling depressed or down about something. Have a look at my gallery, and I'm sure you'll be able to tell which ones those are. Ones titled "Arthur", "Once it was...", "Balance" are some that I think are OK.
Bottom line - I think it just depends on my mood... whether or not I'm doing a piece out of sheer depression or one that I'm doing for fun.

Good grief! I just went back and had a look at my own gallery - some of the stuff I've got posted is just awful. I feel like I should just go and delete about 90% of my gallery because it looks terrible. I may do that. What was I thinking with posting some of that stuff?!?

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

My cousin Jack can speak to beans. That's right.... Jack and the beans talk

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 8:04 PM

Quote - ...Good grief! I just went back and had a look at my own gallery - some of the stuff I've got posted is just awful. I feel like I should just go and delete about 90% of my gallery because it looks terrible. I may do that. What was I thinking with posting some of that stuff?!?

You may wanna consider leaving it there. I mean, it's a good barometer of progress over time - to see how far you've come, both technically and artistically, no? ;o).

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 8:17 PM

mines pretty bare.. I did have a bigger one on my other login, but I killed that off... the current gallery's not had anything new since 2003.....

until now please insert evil laugh here

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...Good grief! I just went back and had a look at my own gallery - some of the stuff I've got posted is just awful. I feel like I should just go and delete about 90% of my gallery because it looks terrible. I may do that. What was I thinking with posting some of that stuff?!?

You may wanna consider leaving it there. I mean, it's a good barometer of progress over time - to see how far you've come, both technically and artistically, no? ;o).

Laurie

I had exactly the same reaction seeing my older stuff - how shocking! - but you're right, LaurieA: I need to see where I've been from time to time, in order to say: "sheesh, need to pick up my game... haven't gone anywhere in a while!"

Metaphor of Chooks

witchdidi ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 8:28 PM

I'm usually end up in the fantasy category but I browse through all. Doing this is one of the few things which brings me pleasure and life's too short to not have some of that! :D

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

Winterclaw ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 8:30 PM

My gallery is filled with evolving... rats???
Mostly fantasy and PG-13 pin-ups.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 9:55 PM

I mostly post stuff I'm discovering, checking out or developing. So I've got a lot of renders of my eternal work in progress, Sharon, and a couple dynamic hair renders.

I almost always post either to the realism or portrait galleries for Poser, although occasionally I'll do something different.

When browsing I usually just go through some of the latests, but it's usually the more realistic images that draw me in for a closer look.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2009 at 10:13 PM

Personally, my gallery is my personality I feel. Just about anything mainly fantasy. :)

Anasta ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 7:01 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - ...Good grief! I just went back and had a look at my own gallery - some of the stuff I've got posted is just awful. I feel like I should just go and delete about 90% of my gallery because it looks terrible. I may do that. What was I thinking with posting some of that stuff?!?

Laurie

I had exactly the same reaction seeing my older stuff - how shocking! - but you're right, LaurieA: I need to see where I've been from time to time, in order to say: "sheesh, need to pick up my game... haven't gone anywhere in a while!"

Thats how I feel too.. I even went and dug up one of my very first renders to make sure to keep it in my gallery so I know where I came from. I'm nowhere near an expert on Poser or art or anything like it but I have learned quite a bit and I feel I've grown as an artist and I like remembering where I started.

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 10:45 AM

my gallery has a lot of cartoon girls in it.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 11:13 AM

I used to post real world stuff, military, people,etc in the Poser and Vue galleries. I also have photos in the photography gallery. I don't post much to the rendo galleries too often anymore.

My Facebook Page

3Dpixi ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:42 PM · edited Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:44 PM

My gallery is mostly filled with Fantasy Warrior Babes ... Why I can't tell ... But I love to show them as teasing strong woman ... To try to give a pin-up touch to them without showing ... Makes it a bit different [I hope] Actualy I would love to upload to a Alchemy gallery, but there isn't any So all of my stuff ends most of the time in Fantasy ... Besides that a non-commen Elf slips through sometimes.

I also had a lot of differents at my gallery ... Like a study fase to know what suits me the most ...
From next year on I will try to develope more style of my own and stick to what I do best!!

I mostly browse to the new stuff ... And to my biggest favorite artist to learn from ;o]]

jefsview ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 12:51 PM

my gallery is.... quiet. I don't do girls or women, so no one pays attention.

Mostly horor and superheroes, and boys, men.

In the coming year, I will make a concerted effort to purge my runtimes of content not yet rendered but bought (of many years ago), so look for more fantasy themed items. But again, all men and boys and monsters.

-- Jeff

NoelCan ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 3:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: My Gallery

I look back into the past through My gallery and can re-focus,  compare image quality (Now or Then!)

When I started uploading images it was because I thought they were good. Times and ideas change but My gallery is Me..  I look back into who I was back then

The first and last images in My Gallery are an attempt at comparing...

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quote - Mine is more centered on children, soft moments, saddness and harsh life.  Reality a few fantasy.

sams 3d
im looking at your gallery and im trying to think of something to say.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is he best  I can do on the night before Christmas-------------------------------------"Whilst Millions fo children world wide are opening or soon to open there christmas presents from loving parents,there are hundreds and thousands that are not-"----------------------------------------------------------This is so incredibly sad and yet its the truth.

p

DustRider ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 9:12 PM

Attached Link: My Gallery

My gallery, like my viewing, is a bit all over the place. But I tend to like fanatasy/glamour a bit more (my gallery has more fantasy). For some reason, I also like The Gril, and G4, but hadn't completed any renders with her until the last couple of weeks. For viewing, if the thumb has excellent lighting, composiion, and grabs my attention, then I'll check it out.

For renders - usually I build the image/scene around a particular Item(s) I want to use. Maybe 1 out of 20 of my ideas actually make it to my gallery, which expalins why it's so small (plus a serious lack of free time).

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2009 at 9:25 PM

Mostly science fiction. I was all over the place to begin with until my muse sank it's teeth into a story of deep emotion and drama and won't let go. I have almost a thousand renders and going stronger now than EVER!

I am NEVER bored for one SECOND working on my story about Four Women who are out to change the universe, and their friends and family and those bent to stop them. It has turns and twists and plenty of cliff-hangers galore.

My muse is like a roller coaster that I ride all the freaking time and try to have fun with it every moment!  If what you do ISN'T fun, stop doing it. Like is too short to be miserable. I've been miserable most of my life, and glad I finally found SOMETHING I love doing. :laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

FlyByNight ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 10:02 AM

http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=12538

My gallery is filled with fairies, elves, and assorted fantasy works. Sometimes I am inspired by a piece of clothing, building sets, a character, even hair. And I also am one who loves what I do.

FlyByNight

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 12:37 PM

My gallery is filled with dirty jokes and naked women, although sometimes I try to make some serious work.
In my work I'm trying to reach a high level of reality, by combining scientific and mathematical methods of rendering (BB 😄) and surface shaders with a more sensitive and emotional approach, which means I change every dial and break every rule untill I have something that I like.
Although pinups are my favourite subject, I try to keep my models a real as possible, so no oversized boobs,underaged faeries or musculated super-heroïns.

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 9:49 PM

My gallery is filled with models I've constructed over the years, with an emphasis on sci-fi, posters, paperback book covers, and the occasional humerous piece. Mainly, it's experiments in UVMapping, edge preservation, and including not-so-coincidentally-good-looking-women, because, as the country song says, if 'there's not a girl innit'...no one watches...;)

After 1 month, if the picture doesn't get at least 140 views, it's deleted from the gallery (but not my collection...;). Keeps the size down and the views up (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

I'm sort of on a semi-Steampunk bender for the last few months, but occasionally I try something else...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 10:05 PM · edited Fri, 25 December 2009 at 10:06 PM

If I had a 140 view limit...I wouldn't HAVE a gallery! LOLOLOL:laugh:  If at least two or three people look and comment, it stays up!

I must have low expectations. ^__^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 11:18 PM

Attached Link: My most recent post..

Everything I post stays in.. I was sure it WAS good when I posted..    Was I Really that basic?

For comparison,   here is My most recent image

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 11:22 PM

Attached Link: My very first post..

Compare to My first ever..

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 25 December 2009 at 11:48 PM

Good ON ya, mate... 'at's the way! You're showing a lot of courage.

In my case, I don't even look at my first stuff... it makes me feel weak at the knees. Which is probably my current stuff will do, eventually.

Metaphor of Chooks

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 5:49 AM

When I idle through the galleries I'm all over the place;  I seize on interesting techniques, or on topics I like, regardless of whether it was Poser, Bryce, photography, fractal, Max or Maya.  I take into consideration the limitations of the medium, e.g., decent looking water done in Poser is exceptional.

My own gallery is more like a prototype test bed;  my images are test renders of freebie models I've made as I'm learning to model, so not really artistically inspiring.  ^^

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 8:03 AM

Mostly fantasy stuff, and sci-fi.

The robots have taken over ... Robots, portraits of pretty faces, the occasional abstract or landscape - and moggies, of course.

It all depends what comes into my mind - maybe a phrase, a snatch of a song, an absurd idea - but I must admit, the real world rarely gets a a look-in!

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 9:51 AM

A_Sunbeam, I'm with you on what you said "...what comes into my mind - maybe a phrase, a snatch of a song, an absurd idea..."

That's how I am too. I find myself especially influenced by music, specifically blues, classic rock, classical and a a little easy listening. My actual musical talent is exactly zero. The only thing musical I can do is listen to it. But I wish I had the talent to actually play. I'd love to be able to make people feel my joy, or my sorrow through music. But since I can't, I try to do so with my art. Sometimes I think it works, but most often I think it falls far short of getting across an actual feeling, and turns out to be just a picture. But I keep trying...

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

My cousin Jack can speak to beans. That's right.... Jack and the beans talk

fls13 ( ) posted Sat, 26 December 2009 at 10:45 AM

Most of them are experiments of one kind or another. Whatever it was I was experimenting on at the time was going in the right direction and since that's the only part of the pic I cared about, it's an uneven gallery.

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 4:41 AM

"What is your gallery like?"

Old and worn out. Memories from the beginning of my 3D journey that are still there mostly because I'm too lazy to clean them out.
It used to have about twice as much in it as now, but every now and then I go and delete a few more things. Eventually it will be completely empty. ;-)
I used to make "art" (mostly with Vue) for the sake of posting it here, mostly. Why though, I have no idea. Seemed to be thing to do at the time, although not being an "artist", 9 years later I have to wonder why I was doing it at all.
Now I just do technical 3D things for specific purposes and "art" doesn't fit into it at all,  and I have no desire or urge to try to make purty pictures. ;-)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 10:33 AM

Dude!  That is so unspeakably sad! You make you gallery seem like a dusty old crypt!  If you aren't enjoying what you do, pick up a new hobby you can throw yourself into heart and soul! Life is too short to muddle through something you have no fire for!  I only started six years ago, but I'm just getting started, and it really fires me up!  I love it!

If any hobby becomes a labor, dump it. Do something you enjoy, if you aren't getting paid for it, move on. 

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 10:50 AM

No Joel, you misunderstand. I love doing 3D stuff, but there's an enormous variety of niches one can find oneself in within the realm of 3D. Some people are artists and some people are technicians. Some of the best animators out there, for example, couldn't draw a circle and paint within the lines. Some modelers don't even know where the render button is in Maya, but could build you an orc in five minutes with their eyes closed. ;-)
I don't enjoy battling my lack of design sense - making pictures, that is - ever since I realized I'm far more interested in other aspects of the 3D world. It's cool. ;-)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 28 December 2009 at 11:23 AM

Quote - No Joel, you misunderstand. I love doing 3D stuff, but there's an enormous variety of niches one can find oneself in within the realm of 3D. Some people are artists and some people are technicians. Some of the best animators out there, for example, couldn't draw a circle and paint within the lines. Some modelers don't even know where the render button is in Maya, but could build you an orc in five minutes with their eyes closed. ;-)
I don't enjoy battling my lack of design sense - making pictures, that is - ever since I realized I'm far more interested in other aspects of the 3D world. It's cool. ;-)

I think this is where I'm at currently...lol.

More into the technical aspects and (trying) to model than actually making pictures ;o).

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.