Fri, Sep 20, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Instled Correctly message Windows 7

slonishko ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 6:27 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 1:00 AM

file_446087.JPG

Every time I install something i get this aggrivating window, but it is only for Daz installers.

Anyone else see this or know what or why ?

Dialer ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 7:06 PM

I used to get that message a lot before I turned off the User Account Control in Vista. I never had a real problem, though, and simply clicked the "This program installed correctly" option. I suppose another option for you, if you don't turn off the UAC, would be to select to run the installer as administrator.

HTH

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2010 at 7:33 PM

you can also right click and go to the properties of the file you are installing...go to compatibility mode (tab) and check to run it as  if it was in XP or whatever previous version of windows it gives you. 

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

slonishko ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 5:41 AM

UAC is off, i however thought about doing the compatability mode thing, but would be a real PITA for every time (;

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 8:47 AM

I get that, it never seems to do any harm - I suspect it may have something to do with the log files the BitRock installers generate, which end up in the user profile folder. Ignore it would be my advice too.

Dialer ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 10:52 AM

Quote - UAC is off, i however thought about doing the compatability mode thing, but would be a real PITA for every time (;

Yuh, I agree. Annoying as the message is, it would take less time to just click it away.

Ohhh, I just had a thought. Where do you have DS installed? It might not be a matter of the UAC, because I think I recall that once I took my installation out of the programs directory and put it in my root folder, that was when I stopped getting those messages.

jnelso99 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2010 at 11:02 AM

I believe this message is caused by the installer not properly setting some registry settings, like version numbers and whatnot.  The DAZ installers in question are probably not Windows Vista/7 compliant.

Based on my experience, it's generally not a problem.  If the installer itself doesn't report any errors, you can usually go ahead and click "This program installed correctly".

slonishko ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 9:50 PM

I use DazStudio, but am an old Poser user so what I did was create a standard Poser folder tree in my Program files: Program Files/e-frontier/Runtime/Poser/Poser.exe and then just install everything tinto there and then just search the Runtime whenever i start up DS. I just prefer it all this way, but i do not think it would matter enough for this to be the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.