Thu, Sep 19, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Question on Bryce 6.3

unnyFies ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 2:16 PM

6 posts, so what? It's what I'm saying different in any way if I have 6 or 6 thousand posts?

I'm glad that development is going on on Bryce, I just can't understand the general attitude to rush software out with such big holes in it, to patch it up later. Release it later, release it better. Just allocate more time to beta testing, otherwise all the trouble will be diverted to the users, and that's just absurd to me.

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 2:47 PM · edited Tue, 12 January 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quote - 6 posts, so what? It's what I'm saying different in any way if I have 6 or 6 thousand posts?

I'm glad that development is going on on Bryce, I just can't understand the general attitude to rush software out with such big holes in it, to patch it up later. Release it later, release it better. Just allocate more time to beta testing, otherwise all the trouble will be diverted to the users, and that's just absurd to me.

Time...
resources..MONEY...

To fix everything in Bryce is going to take alot of MONEY and TIME...
This is just fixes and New CODE...
Not too mention the new features that will be developed...

Ya I said 6 Posts and you said 6000...

The Fixes in 6.3 are so far superior then what was done in 6.1 ...Period
Yes its still has bugs...And yes its a slower Rendering engine..Fix whats Broken...In the rendering I would Gladly take 2 minutes more rendering per frame if it ment I get a way crisper and BRYCE Type of render and not a render like you see in other Favs software...
is there a View...?

Ok enough from me...
I respect your opinion on what you feel wasnt a "Right Thang To Do"..
And I say sorry if I really stepped on toes here...
But to DIS people that cant defend themselves isnt cool...
Betatesters are on an NDA and cant say they are on the team...
So to have folks DIS them and SAY well I might have,Could have,should have....

So yes...

6.3 is a FREE upgrade and still installs into a different location...Hence you can still keep your 6.1

unnyFies ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 2:54 PM

Mine was just a customer/final user consideration on a product, to share my experience with other customers/users. I'm not supposed to know how the development works. I just find this product, 6.3, too buggy for my tastes, I would have liked it released later but better, and I think I have the right to share this (however uninformed) view with other users. Just that.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 8:23 PM · edited Tue, 12 January 2010 at 8:24 PM

@foleypro

Please take no offense at my inquiry.  I was seeking shared knowledge of members here.  Why have so few answered my original request?  I don't know.  Things like a "better render engine" has never been mentioned before in this forum. 

@ all others

I'm looking for information only, not slams on Daz or its staff.  Other than the couple threads here I am in the dark.   I got it free.  That is nice.  The email notification of the reset download didn't explain anything of substance.  It would be most appreciated if anyone here could help us understand what was addressed and what still needs to be improved.  I love Bryce and experience limited crashes or problems; but, I don't tend to push the envelop as much as some.  I still think it the best, simplest and most affordable. 

If it were a $2000 app and the public was asked to pay $300 for a bug fix it would be different.  I appreciate the splendid images it produces and applaud the affordability. 

But I'm just a hobbyist so what do I know.  

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 9:03 PM

"Please take no offense at my inquiry."

I would never take offense to anyone with a legit inquiry...?

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2010 at 9:04 PM

I will help you in anyway I can...

unnyFies ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 1:16 AM

I don't know if this workaround is already known, however Boolen models can be cobverted to meshes in 6.3, saved to a file, loaded in 6.1 and then exported to external formats.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 7:19 AM
Forum Moderator

Yes, but the resulting meshes will not solidify once they are ported back into Bryce.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

unnyFies ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 11:16 AM · edited Wed, 13 January 2010 at 11:20 AM

You mean that you can't render them "Solid when boolean rendering"? On my PC it works - I can use the reimported meshes in further boolean operation,,,

EDIT: But mayve they don't behave properly... I don't know...

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 11:41 AM
Forum Moderator

*You mean that you can't render them "Solid when boolean rendering"?

*Exactly that!
I'd love to know how you managed to get them to work if that is the case. I've never been able to use them in booleans.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

unnyFies ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2010 at 12:11 PM

I could "cut" this widget with a cube, but I had to ungroup the import group and set the spherical "notch" as neutral. I guess I was too optimistic saying it works.

redwoodcats ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 10:16 AM

I thought that Bryce 6.3 may have been created to solve problems with importing, etc., from the new Daz 3 Advanced.  A friend of mine could not import from either 6.0 or 6.1 to Daz 3 Adv.  On the Daz forums there were others with this problem.  I phoned the tech line at Daz and the tech said they were "working on it".  Then a short time later and I see the new 6.3 version is out.   If there are so many problems with the 6.3 and you want to continue to use 6.1, are there any updates for 6.1 that corrected the importing problem?  I hesitate to install 6.3 now and lose 6.1 if there are major problems with it as well. 
Thanks for any advice.

unnyFies ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 4:37 PM

My personal experience is that installing 6.3 doesn't disrupt the functioning of 6.1 (as long as you don't install them in the same place/directory, it goes without saying).

redwoodcats ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 8:15 PM

I have an external drive that I install the render programs to.  Could I install Bryce 6.3 on the same drive?  I did install DS 3 Advanced on this drive after leaving my DS2.3 as an installed program on it.   Both work.

unnyFies ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 8:37 PM

Look, I'm no DAZ software expert (in fact, I'm no software expert at all), but I'd say that as long as you install to a different directory, same drive or not, it should be fine.

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2010 at 9:09 PM

Yes you can install any where you like it doesnt matter..

Me  I prefer where DAZ wants it but I change the name like instead of Bryce I added a 6.3 and a 7 to the end of the installer because I didnt want to ovetrwrite my 6.3.

redwoodcats ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2010 at 7:49 PM

Thank you both for your input and time.  I appreciate it very much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.