Sun, Oct 6, 9:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: P7 Screen Flash

jerikson40 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 9:48 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:48 AM

When maneuvering around the Preview screen (ie, rotating the view), often the screen will flash, go completely white for a second or two, then go back to normal. I've tried changing the OpenGL settings, don't want SreeD (too slow), and now I've run out of tweaks. BTW, the OpenGL display works just fine on all my other 3D applications (Carrara, Lightwave, D|S), so I know it's not a hardware/OpenGL limitation.

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 11:07 AM

Have you tried setting hardware acceleration on your video card setting to a lower setting ? That sometimes helps.

On my system what you describe happens when going from a render back to preview. I just assumed that Poser was busy doing something and had to wait for a screen redraw.

ShawnMcCarthy ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 11:54 AM

What system are you running, I've seen this happen in the past and it was due to the graphics driver crashing.

Do you know your video card make and model?

Then of course the standard "are you running all the latest service packs?".

😉

Shawn McCarthy
www.defyallchallenges.com

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:17 PM · edited Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/easily-disable-vistas-aero-before-running-an-application-such-as-a-video-game/

If you're running VISTA or 7, have you AERO enabled ?

If so, try to disable it.
(Or let Poser 8 disable it for as long as it runs)

Fixed some "whiteouts" Poser 8 had when switching rooms.

jerikson40 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:20 PM

Yeah, I think I'm good on all the driver/service pack issues. Brand new computer, latest packs/drivers, and like I say it works like a champ with all of my other 3D apps. For some reason, Poser has always been an exception.

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:23 PM

For some reason, Poser has always been an exception.

Yep.

Everything (Max,Zbrush,Wings,Photoshop) was perfectly fine even with the "old" drivers on my 7 months old laptop.
Only Poser 8 needed the latest. (And is still unhappy sometimes)

jerikson40 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for the Aero tip, but it didn't fix the problem.

Belladzines ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:28 PM

it might be a graphics card problem, i've never had this problem myself with P7 or P8.

jerikson40 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 12:34 PM

Thanks, but I tend to think that if it's a "graphics card problem" with a graphics card that works with every other application, then it's actually more like a "Poser problem". I've had Poser since some of the very early versions, and never really use it. I've always had nothing but problems with Poser. Different versions, different machines, but I'm always running up against problems.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2010 at 6:30 PM

I agree that it's a Poser problem... no other application does this. I wait until Poser sorts itself out, which it does most of the time. And then, sometimes it doesn't.
Makes a strong case for ... save - save - frequently save.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2010 at 8:34 PM

I don't know if anyone else has found this but I tend to have much less problems if Poser is the very first thing I load from a fresh restart. That includes not opening a browser or anything. After Poser loads, then load the other stuff.

WiNC ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 8:58 PM

I found if I don't use the large camera changing controls, and instead use the controls on the top right of the main screen the issue stops - I haven't used the larger controls for moving since Poser 7.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 9:23 PM

Poser 5 use to do this to me many times. Personally, I think it was just the program giving me a hard time.  S Also, memory issues. Like stated above Save often

How much memory are you running and are you running other things along with Poser?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.