Sun, Oct 6, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Rotating all lights together

drackliffe ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 11:19 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is there a way to rotate all the lights in a scene together at the same time.

For example.  I've moved my camera 180 degrees and now the lights are all wrong.  I'd like to have the exact same lighting set up I head in respect to the camera from it's original position.  Is the possible?

I hope I explained it clearly.

Thanks,

D

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 11:49 AM

Hi, yes, this is exactly how I have my default lights set up. It provides an even illumination whilst I'm creating a figure. For each light:-

In the properties panel set the light type to Spotlight.
The "Set Parent" button will then become enabled and you can use it to parent the light to your camera.
Now set the light type back to Infinite (or whatever you require). The parenting will remain in effect.

Hope that helps.

drackliffe ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 3:43 PM

That sounds like it will work.  I'll have to try that tonight.

Thank you very much,

D

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 7:03 PM

Or open the hirarchy-manager and move all your lights to a prop of your choice (incl. camera).

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 9:14 PM

Similar to Phil, I have my Default Scene saved with three Spotlights, all already Parented To, and set to Point-At, an invisible box prop.   The lights are preset to a typical 3-point portrait setup with a Key, Fill, and a Backlight.   Having them already set-up & Parented in your Default scene saves a ton of time.

By parenting them to a separate dummy prop (rather than directly to a camera or a figure) you can easily tweak them all together, but not have them jumping around every time you adjust your other scene objects. 

And of course, you can still quickly parent this dummy Light Parent to another camera, Fig, or Prop temporarily, then, after adjusting the scene, un-parent it again, and keep them in place.

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2010 at 9:27 PM

Or search for a Python script I believe called "Light Panel." It gives you a little interface to change one or more properties for one or more lights, including a Parent function.

Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.