Fri, Oct 4, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New piece - too vague I think.

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:21 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2015313

Been a while since I worked in Bryce, Model of the hypo made in Bryce,....and the Cigarrette inside it. Guess the Cig doesn't show up very well.

Got hyped on modeling in Bryce though. Will be doing more.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 9:16 PM

Try shortening the cig a bit along it's long axis, so the tobacco flakes can be seen at the end, and maybe do a bit of thin smoke trickling out of the hypo's needle...

(Takes another look...)

Maybe fake up a mock cig companies' logo to put on the filter end.

Just a few suggestions. 

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 9:47 PM

agree with the labelling bit.. a fake one..

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 10:30 PM

increase the transparency? just a thought.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 07 February 2010 at 11:33 PM

naw, i think you got it right. being so blatant that the lcd can get it isn't what you wanna do. A little vague is what art is about - not that I'd know but yeah!! 

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 08 February 2010 at 12:17 AM

I think it's good as it is now, too.

Corrie

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 08 February 2010 at 1:39 AM · edited Mon, 08 February 2010 at 1:47 AM

file_447843.jpg

I like the whole concept and the render itself is really great but to be truthful when I first looked at it I didn't realize it was a cigarette until I read it here from you and then it was a eureka moment for me…I’m sometimes slow that way  ;-). So I would agree that some form of identity would enhance the experience for the undiscerning viewer. Perhaps simply adding the typical filter flecks which are commonly seen on cigarette filters to your texture would do the trick. The smoke meandering from the hypo isn't  a bad idea as well.

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 08 February 2010 at 5:48 AM

I thought the semi-liquid state of the cigarette worked well my only crit would be the plunger bit should be out

RodsArt ( ) posted Mon, 08 February 2010 at 3:54 PM

Thanks all

@**airflamesred :***the plunger bit should be out

LOL, I spent all the time getting the model to look just right, and the obvious slipped right by me.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2010 at 11:05 AM

excellent idea Rod.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.