Sun, Oct 6, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: I must rant a little...

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 6:52 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:22 PM

So I have a nice Coupon in my email, and I think "Ohh... I know just what to get."
So off I go to shop.
I add the product ($88, not on sale) and a few other bits and go to the card and... "Coupons do not apply" on the $88 product.

I won't mention what the product is, but it's not content.

I thought oh, okay. I'll get the single item instead, maybe it's just the bundle.
It's not. The single item is also "Coupons do not apply" on the $16 product (also not on sale)

You lost yourself a sale, my friend.

I would understand if it were on sale, but it's not. In fact, I've never seen it on sale, which is why I waited until I had a coupon I could use, because that's a lot of money for me.

Yes, I know things are tough and you want the most out of your items. But instead of getting a solid chunk from a sale with a coupon, now you get... nothing.

I'm only guessing the decision not to allow a coupon is made by the Merchant, not Renderosity.
If it's not, then I apologize and urge Rendo to look at this.

I would also like to see a "COUPONS DO NOT APPLY" in big fat letters on the Product page next to the price, not just the cart, where I might overlook it if I'm in a hurry -- especially since we can neither get a coupon reinstated, nor return the product!

Silke

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 7:33 AM · edited Sun, 28 February 2010 at 7:34 AM

file_448746.jpg

Ha. It's on the product page, but not highlighted or anything, so I missed seeing it. It is lost in the other info, the stuff I don't really look at, because I don't care if it's exclusive or whatever.

That line needs to be the top one and a bit more obvious, imo, because you don't expect a "No Coupon" deal.

Note --  I blacked out the vendor name on purpose.

Silke

geep ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:20 AM · edited Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:22 AM

file_448751.jpg

Maybe this would help ??? :blink:

Just a thought. 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 10:56 AM

Many times when I purchase a product, I consider how much time that product might save in the long run.It's unfortunate that you've decided not to purchase the product (the bundle as well), but don't let the coupon stop you from considering something that could save you invaluable amounts of time and make things easier in the long run.

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 12:07 PM

Oh I got other stuff lined up, but I only work part time, so when I can stick something in my cart and save a bit of money (which happens pretty rarely), then I'm happy.
Yes, it takes a lot of time and effort to create something, I totally agree. And I do spend money to support those vendors.
But I often wait for a sale, because money's tight, and if I can save some, it means I can maybe afford to spend a teeny bit more and get something else as well.
As it is, the product is a "Ohhh that would be neat to have" rather than a "Want!!!" (or even "Need".) so it stays on the wishlist until eventually maybe there is a sale on it.

And yes, Dr. Geep, that would help. :)
Of course, seeing it would mean it won't land in my cart unless I'm not using a coupon at the time.  ;)

Silke

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 1:35 PM

I don't believe coupons are good on any software here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2010 at 9:08 PM

Hi Silke, You just let me know what you need and I'll get it for you.  :)

Cheers,
Mike.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 2:29 AM

!!

Silke

Porthos ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 5:14 AM

Quote - !!

I think Phantom wants to buy it for you as a gift - that is so sweet of him! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2010 at 6:02 AM

I'm sorry Silke, but I really don't understand you.  You're angry because you Didn't waste your money on a trivial item that you yourself admit that you Don't really need?!  And this is a Bad Thing?!
Sorry, but the esoteric reasoning here is too much above my head.
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 12:25 PM

If it's a software, then coupons do not apply. That is standard on any software item, FYI

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 3:22 PM

I do believe the gist of her rant is that she applied the coupon before seeing the "Coupons do not apply" which means the coupon is blown unless something else could be found to purchase.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 3:39 PM

I was clarifying the comment about vendors deciding whether or not coupons can be used on their item, that isn't how it works. It's based on what type of product it is.

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2010 at 4:05 PM

:)
Standalone software, okay, but... stuff like python scripts and stuff like that?
I see some where you can use vouchers, and others where you can't.
That's why it was odd, that's why it made no sense to me.
And FWIW - one of the items where I could use a voucher, is a standalone, as in outside of Poser, piece of software which modifies morphs.
So it's not all software, or that got overlooked and I got lucky.

Silke

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.