Thu, Sep 19, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: CPU working while Poser should be idle

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 9:14 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

Hi,

From a couple of weeks I have a very annoying problem with Poser Pro. When a scene is loaded (even if is just a V4) The GUI is slow, sloppy, and unresponsive. Looking at the Task manager, I see that PoserPro.exe seems always around 50% of CPU usage (sometimes even more). When I make some input (for example moving the camera or selecting a dial) there is always a delay of a couple of seconds before the program reacts. Even the redraw of windows and menus freezes for some instants.

When I start a render (with separate process) FFRender.exe goes to 50% (I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHZ) and PoserPro.exe drops around 2 or 3%. But when the render is finished, the main exe starts again eating CPU clocks.

What is PoserPro.exe doing? Indexing something? But the hard disk light does not seem active, only the CPU is.

I have unistalled everything and reinstalled Poser with its latest service pack. The situation was normal for a couple of days, then the madness is returned, apparently without reason.

I have installed nothing strange and every antivirus and malware scanner seems  happy with my machine.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 9:56 AM

If you have a light or camera selected it eats CPU like that.  I understand problem has been reported and fixed, maybe patch comes out in next SR

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 11:43 AM

if you want, (and you're on a PC) try pulling up Task Manager. It will show what programs are running; if you need more detail, what processes are running. Usually 'system idle' is how much isn't running.

It's best not to mess with starting or stopping processes, unless you really know what you're doing. However, if you see something spike when you're seeing strange behavior like that, the Poser folks can probably explain it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 12:01 PM

I was aware of this problem (light or camera selected causes high CPU) for Poser 8, not Poser Pro. There will not be an SR for Poser Pro.

You are talking about Poser Pro, not Poser Pro 2010, right?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 2:17 PM

Quote -
You are talking about Poser Pro, not Poser Pro 2010, right?

Yes, I am talking about Poser Pro, the one right after Poser 7.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:22 AM

No ideas? It's really annoying and I don't know how to solve this issue...  Thanks!

Giorgio

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 7:35 AM

That is why I asked which Poser. If it is Poser Pro, I have no ideas.

I never heard of this with Poser Pro, and I'm not going to be able to reproduce it even if I were willing to try by re-installing Poser Pro.

You should contact SM.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.