Fri, Sep 20, 2:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:13 PM

file_448971.jpg

Here's the obligatory kitten picture

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:16 PM

PapaBlueMarlin

I think I have a dog thats related to that cat.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - So the only real way to get around it so it works, at this time, is to make the library really wide? I am just trying to figure out a way that doesn't involve a click fest.

I'm not sure what you mean by click fest. While it is true that a skinny window makes the menus overlap as they fly out, the number of clicks is identical. Which is to say, 2.

It isn't really usable, in it's current form (at least not without a lot of frustration, cussing and screaming), so it requires you to use the other options, which results in the click fest.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 10:49 PM

Quote -
A user here asks a question to another user with inside knowledge about the development of the software.  That user was rebuked for raising concerns and expressing preferences.

That is simply false.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

fmfdoc ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 7:34 AM · edited Fri, 05 March 2010 at 7:34 AM

So I have read through here on the debate and I really have only 1 question to the artists out here.  I use Poser 7, I'm happy with 7, do I really need to even upgrade to 8 at this time or invest in a new product with PoserPro 2010?

mackis3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:31 AM · edited Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:32 AM

@PapaBlueMarlin:

Quote - My concern is with the development of and integration between the content and the software: more realistic human figures (over the Poser 8 crap), soft body physics on figures, more dynamic clothing and hair, stick options (like in Studio 4) to keep part of a figure locked to a particular position, etc.

Poser Pro had no new figures and no new content, so I don't think that Poser Pro 2010 will feature new ones.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:33 AM

I am wondering if I need to upgrade to Poser Pro and stick with that. I like Poser 7 and the library of 8 doesn't work well for me. Since it would be a free upgrade I might look at the Poser Pro 2010 but I am really torn. I tried to look what I would need to make the Poser 8 library be usable with the auto expand arrow and it took up almost half the screen (1920 x 1200) which is just not practical.

fmfdoc ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:51 AM

I must read the SM site differant than you.  Poser 8 to PP 2010 is a sidegrade not an upgrade and thats not free.  Buying Poser Pro now and updating it to PP 2010 is free.  I have the option to upgrade my P7 to P8($99) or sidegrade to PP($200).  If i upgrade to PP then I can take that to 2010 for free.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 11:28 AM

Thankyou BagginsBill for the update on the library, cant wait to see it in action... i do have another question, Poser pro only lets my computer render to a maximum of 4 threads but P8 lets me use 8 threads (i have an i7 so it does have 8 threads) what is the maximum number of threads on Pro2010?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:18 PM

Quote - PapaBlueMarlin

I think I have a dog thats related to that cat.

Mine is a tiger.....

Bring on Poser Pro 2010...!!!!!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:29 PM

Quote -
Poser Pro had no new figures and no new content, so I don't think that Poser Pro 2010 will feature new ones.

then who were those new figures I got with my Poserpro... the lower rez ones meant for development......?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:46 PM · edited Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_448992.jpg

to be clear I mean these 4...

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:53 PM

Sorry my mind doesn't register those as figures.

There were some new ugly inflatable dolls or something - looks like you found them.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 2:55 PM

thats all poser figures ain't it? ;)

(well except Antoina)

they have their uses.. placeholders mainly.
but the point was 'there was no new figures or content'... yes, there was. like 'em or not... they still came with poserpro ;)

efstarlet ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 4:54 PM

Quote - So I have read through here on the debate and I really have only 1 question to the artists out here.  I use Poser 7, I'm happy with 7, do I really need to even upgrade to 8 at this time or invest in a new product with PoserPro 2010?

What do you do with Poser?  Do you animate, render for yourself or render professionally or use Poser in part of a pipeline? 

Poser 6 and 7 are stable aps that a lot of people use very effectively, and not everyone needs new flashy bells and whistles.  It's like with new Photoshop versions every year - I really only crop and cleanup pictures, old versions work great for me, but designers who like fancier things can take advantage of the new hot things.  People do a huge variety of work with Poser and require different levels of power and features from the app.  I'm working on user stories now, and I'm just blown away with the eclectic nature of this community and the artists that use the software. 

The quick elevator speech for Poser 7 users, with Poser 8 you'll get faster rendering and better lights, with Pro 2010, you'll get even more improvements in rendering, lights and get network & background rendering that is very helpful to the high volume artist.   There are lots of features in Poser Pro 2010, and there will be a comparison chart vs Poser 8 available, as well as a lot of details about the product available and you should be able to see for yourself if there is a compelling need to upgrade for your use.    Launch is close. 

A few more screenshots on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=152299&id=106113697478&ref=mf

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:28 PM

Quote - > Quote -

A user here asks a question to another user with inside knowledge about the development of the software.  That user was rebuked for raising concerns and expressing preferences.

That is simply false.

Whatever - I have read all the comment.  I stick with what I've said.  You are welcome to disagree.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 8:54 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

That is simply false.

Whatever - I have read all the comment.  I stick with what I've said.  You are welcome to disagree.

You read but did not understand or connect the dots. Also you've not been clear. I was going to just ignore all this and let us all move on, but you've got some axe to grind, so let's have at it.

Which user do you mean when you said a user here asks a question?  Which user was rebuked for raising concerns? What were the concerns you speak of and on what basis do you presume that user, which you need to name for me, is qualified to express these concerns?

Since I didn't insult anybody, but I have several times been insulted by others in this thread, I'm a bit puzzled and you need speak more plainly. At the moment, my opinion is you are severely misinterpreting something.

My response will depend on what statements you're referring to and who made them.

You also need to explain to me the justification for ignoring my thousands of contributions to this community and just making the blanket assumption that I'm acting in some way that is unacceptable to you for no reason.

Consider - if somebody is obnoxious and I say they are (which I didn't, by the way) and they in fact are obnoxious, but you think I'm not supposed to react as if they are obnoxious, then you're suggesting that it is not acceptable to rebuke this person. And yet, that is EXACTLY what you and several others have unjustifiably done to me. I wrote the "shite" software being discussed here. I built what SM told me to build. I do not tell SM what to build and sell. You people are not my customers, SM are my customers. You pay them - they pay me. How they make money is related to how I make money, but those are separate transactions, with separate responsibilities and separate areas of control. I have made decisions with their instructions, but they have not made any decisions based on any instructions from me. Any accusations to the contrary are insulting. The same shit happened just before the Poser 8 release. That is what I was referring to when I said I was unwilling to negotiate engineering decisions with users. The engineering decisions are negotiated with SM, and the decisions were made by SM, using information that only SM and I have, not the users in this forum. The people mouthing off here about architecture choices were not involved and do not have all the information necessary to form an opinion that carries any weight. Users can have opinions about specific features and specific issues of usability, but they cannot decide for SM what their overall product strategy and marketing strategy should be, especially when it involves more than just Poser and how it involves more is a trade secret.

If you guys think it's OK to slam me for what is in Poser, you're wrong, and you're rude. It is not my product. If you don't like what is in it, or how it is built, take it up with SM, not with me. I was just providing some "insider" info as you put it, and people erroneously made the assumption that the info I reveal is the reflection of my desires and my decisions. That is just f'ing rude because that is not the case at all. Poser is SM's product and I am just one of the cogs that produces it according to their instructions. I am a better cog than they've ever seen before, but I'm still just a cog.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

cyberscape ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 10:36 PM

He actually said it folks! "...it's OK to slam me for what is in Poser" So everybody grab yer pitchforks and git er dunnnn!   ;)

Aww, hell...I KNEW this was coming, Bill.

For the past few weeks I've noticed a shift in these forums from "BB - the library designer" to "BB - the all around go to guy for any and all Poser related issues and complaints'". Especially the complaints :P  Kinda sad, isn't it?  Were it me, that big response would have come out more than a week ago!

My best advice for ya... the next time SM hires you to develop something for them... don't share it here. Seriously!! ...or you can bet the same ol' patsy treatment will prevail. Keep up the good work, man!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

HeyDork ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 10:54 PM · edited Fri, 05 March 2010 at 10:56 PM

I'm sorry but I see this in a different light...

All of the beta testers (and BB) are held to an NDA agreement.
SmithMicro/SteveCooper obviously tell BB to post pics and answer questions to new gadgets in the newer versions of Poser, because what he is showing and sharing would be against any NDA agreement...so BB has Coopers blessing.

BB is obviously a bright lad but reminds me of one of those bright engineers who can't socially relate well with others. He gets uppity and irritated that the lesser can't grasp and understand the wisdom that he parts with...hence; his occasional rants and blasts.
(You might not like that last statement BB but it has a ring of truth in there.)

Does BB give Poser users knowledge and tools?
Not only yes, but hell yes. (if you can understand it)
But I find it odd that almost everyone here trips over themselves to be at his feet when he so quickly swats those who get too close to his presence.

You give so much to the community BB, if you could only sweeten some of your attitude...it would go a loooooooong ways.

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 11:03 PM

This is really getting old, folks. Can we please just use this thread to talk about Poser Pro 2010?

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 11:12 PM

Enough swipes,,,,   Back to the thread..!!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:10 AM

So any news as to when?

I got $50 burning a hole in my pocket dear margret, dear margret.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:14 AM

hey.. I just found $50! funny... it's warm....

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:24 AM

Well, I like some of the screen shots of the new tiled library, I kinda missed that part. Is there any improvements to trying to render atmosphere speeds (don't think I tried that even in 8)?

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 1:42 AM

I am wondering if Poser Pro 2010 will generate multi-layer output files, can it also use multi-layer files?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

fmfdoc ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 5:38 AM

OK, thanks EFStarlet, I am sold, it's PoerPro 2010 for me.  I'll still keep my P7 (just in case) can I sidegrade to PP from P7?

fmfdoc ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 5:40 AM

Quote - I am wondering if Poser Pro 2010 will generate multi-layer output files, can it also use multi-layer files?

LMK

Seems I read in an earlier post by BB that it would export, don't recall importing though.

Willber ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 2:32 PM

Ya I've got 50 bucks and ready to play... so how the heck do you sign up for the
"if you got Poser Pro and Poser 8... it's 50 bucks" deal.....
I can't find any link to pre-register.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quote - hey.. I just found $50! funny... it's warm....

Warning! Bill will self destruct in 10 seconds after cooling.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 3:47 PM

poor Bill.... he'll be missed...

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 4:25 PM

peterpan ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 11:20 AM

Still can not get SM site to show how to sidegrade from P7 to Poser pro , asks for Pro serial number. Just when I really believed it was no dream offer, "buy / sidegrade to poser pro and get Poser 2010 for free "   ,......   only if you can get the site to except a serial number.........

Perhaps SM will get it together and sort it out   ??? And then I`ll rush in where fools dear to tred

leather-guy ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 11:26 AM

Quote - Still can not get SM site to show how to sidegrade from P7 to Poser pro , asks for Pro serial number. Just when I really believed it was no dream offer, "buy / sidegrade to poser pro and get Poser 2010 for free "   ,......   only if you can get the site to except a serial number.......

Same thing happened to me when I was placing my order Wednesday - I just entered my Poser 8 serial number and it all went thru - got the software yesterday.  I suspect the label for the S/N entry field isn't correctly phrased.

efstarlet ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 11:28 AM

Quote - Still can not get SM site to show how to sidegrade from P7 to Poser pro , asks for Pro serial number. Just when I really believed it was no dream offer, "buy / sidegrade to poser pro and get Poser 2010 for free "   ,......   only if you can get the site to except a serial number.........

Perhaps SM will get it together and sort it out   ??? And then I`ll rush in where fools dear to tred

Contact support here:
http://support.contentparadise.com/contact.html

or here:
http://my.smithmicro.com/support/index.html

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

bagoas ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 12:30 PM

I think it would be in the interest of all parties if SM would:

• release details on Pro2010 and
  • make clear when the release date will be. The suggestion now is raised that the time for the 'March only' $50.- deal (=upgrade price from 'old' Pro-the $120.- paid for Poser8) is ticking away without option to execute it. 
    Pro2010 will be ready when it is ready, be it tomorrow or in two months, I do not care, but please put an end to the rumors and confusion.

B.

Willber ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 6:54 PM

I agree.... where is the 50 buck option........ I have $50 burning a hole in my pocket.
And yes I have Poser Pro and Poser 8 so where do I send or sign up to give my 50 bucks.

Sheesh why is it so hard to give money away to SM

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 6:59 PM

I'm guessing that the $50 option won't be available until PP2010 is actually released.

bagoas ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote - I'm guessing that the $50 option won't be available until PP2010 is actually released.

I guess so too. Looks like they tried to put it all in one single bulletin and confused the message. 
Happy to see I am not the only one who fails to find the way,

B.  

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 12:26 PM

I wonder what PoserPro 2010 can do for me beside full 64bit abillity.Big "hello" at smithmicro but still no featurelist .

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 12:35 PM

Patience is a virtue..

the features will be shown in time... pours another coffee and looks at the model in progress

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 2:59 PM

Well if everyone had read their newsletter completely, mind you, I'm glad they didn't, they could have entered the contest and WON a copy of Poser Pro 2010 for free like the winners did this morning! Waiting on my download to complete at slow 1MPS download speeds at the moment!

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 3:17 PM

*Well if everyone had read their newsletter completely, mind you, I'm glad they didn't...

Well, the fact that not everyone here participated in the challenge (by the way: How do you know who participated?) may be caused by the fact that not everyone has the time to do it or simply that some may earn more than 50 $ in the same time that they would have used for creating that video... or, even simpler, don't like to publish a video of themselves 😉

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 3:31 PM

Well I know who participated because I voted on their videos and there were a paltry 34 entries. It took me all of 17 seconds to record my winning entry, another 30 seconds to upload it. Not everyone is internet phobic. I think my time was well spent.

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:03 PM · edited Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:07 PM

Waiting for my download to finish also, still got 2 hours more to go. The server is unbelievable slow, they should really do something about that. I'm only downloading the core 738Mb. Usually that takes me 30-40 minutes, but with CP it takes 4 hours at least. I'm not sure if I'm going to download the content, I've got no clue what's in it, wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as P8's. I have looked at that for a couple of minutes and never even gave it a second look again.

Whenever it's finished I'll post again with a first impression, but don't expect that today, since the day in Europe is getting to a close and  I'm not planning on late (or early) hours.

Btw.... LostinSpaceMan is right about the entries, only 34 and it's no secret who entered. There were a few really cool ones. I'm still surprised that so little people even bothered to enter, for such little effort they gave away something pretty cool. It took me just over an hour to do mine, put some effort in it, but most time I needed to convert the thing to avi to be able to submit it.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:24 PM

LostInSpaceman and aeikema:

Congratulations! It would be nice to know about some of the new features, as there is no information from SM yet. An early review would be very much appreciated!  :)

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 4:30 PM

Ahhh... I understand. I was not aware about how the judging was made!
But hey, internet phobic? That's definitly not my problem. Otherwise I would stay away from the forums, the store and any kind of public discussion. I simply feel uncomfortable with begging for something by sending a video of me - I MAY have participated if SM would have asked for a Poser artwork because such a challenge is fun.

Don't get me wrong: I don't judge over the people who sent a vdeo and I don't feel envy that they've won a copy of Poser. I just wanted to state that not everybody who did not participate did not read. Some people prefer to pay and have different reasons. As said - my reason is that I do not like to ask for something to get it for free.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Magic_Man ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:10 PM

So, if the winners are downloading it now, does that mean it's available to the rest of us?

Great to see they all won - and there were some left too! - bummer, knew I should have submitted myself...

bagoas ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:15 PM

So submiting was enough to get it? Had assumed it would have been one or two copies. 'chance to win' it said.
Well, congratulations all of you who took the trouble. You were smarter than me. 

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:29 PM · edited Tue, 09 March 2010 at 5:30 PM

Quote - Ahhh... I understand. I was not aware about how the judging was made!
But hey, internet phobic? That's definitly not my problem. Otherwise I would stay away from the forums, the store and any kind of public discussion. I simply feel uncomfortable with begging for something by sending a video of me - I MAY have participated if SM would have asked for a Poser artwork because such a challenge is fun.

Well even with not wanting your face out there, you still could have won! There were at least 5 entries that were done in Poser with either just the contestant's voice and one didn't even have that, just a text box saying "I'm A Poser". They all won! Some of the best entries were Poser animations!

Quote - So, if the winners are downloading it now, does that mean it's available to the rest of us?

Great to see they all won - and there were some left too! - bummer, knew I should have submitted myself...

Actually there were only supposed to be 25 winners but with so few entries they gave all 34 contestants a copy.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 6:09 PM

Cool. Congrates on winning a copy.

But if you are getting a copy now. Why is it that those of us that bought into the whole PP and P8 thing at first when it all started are still waiting to buy our copy for $50.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.