Tue, Oct 22, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: does Poser Pro 2010 render quicker than Poser 8 ?

Michael_REMY ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 2:14 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:43 AM

hi !

my question is simple : is Poser Pro 2010 firefly render quicker than Poser 8 one on e 64 bits OS ?

of course, i suppose on the same computer, same system, not in network render !

does SmithMicro pusblish some information about that ? any benchmark poser 2010 ?

best regards ,

Mike

NoelCan ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 2:50 AM

I am running Poser Pro 2010 on an iMac,   so I am assuming that it is running in 32bit mode.

For Me it is very much faster..

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 6:34 AM

after many tests on my i7 the actual render(without loading of testures) takes the same amount of time on p8 and Pro2010, i have been told from numerous sources that if you have a large scene it will render quicker due to access to  larger amount of ram(memory).
i can only assume imac's will have the same results as they also use intel processors( which are all not true 64bit processors(so i have been told))
But i will have to say the whole Pro2010 software is better than P8 so its worth the upgrade in my opinion...

im rendering Pro2010 on an i7 860,8gb's ram on win7 64pro so my pro2010 is also running on 64bit

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Greebo ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 8:54 AM

I haven't noticed much speed increase, but, it will render scenes that P8 choked on.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 11:04 AM

It's faster for me. XP64 Pro w/8Gigs Ram. And yes, it's a MUCH better written piece of software.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2010 at 11:33 AM

I see a sigificant speed increase here as well. Much depends on your render settings and the content in the scene, but I see no less then 25% or more faster. In some cases, it seems twice as fast.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Ondoval ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hi,

When you have a 64 bits system with more than 3Gb, you must lauche poser pro 2010 or poser pro 2010 x86 ?

For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

ratscloset ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2010 at 9:30 AM

Poser Pro 2010 (x86) is the 32 Bit Version... Poser Pro 2010 is the 64 Bit Version. Rendering in the Background should access the 64 Bit Rendering even if launched from the 32 Bit version of Poser Pro 2010

Also, you need to set up your Render Preferences correctly and your Render Options correctly.

ratscloset
aka John

Ondoval ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2010 at 9:58 AM

Thanks a lot ratscloset.

For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 8:18 AM

i have done multiple tests on both P8 and Pro2010 (in 64bit) as well as in background rendering and still no speed increase, but there is an increase in speed if my scene is crammed with stuff, but 1 V4 fully clothed, no difference. so therefore this proves that 64bit just allows access to my 8gigs which is cool,but actual render speed is uneffected

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 9:19 AM

The 64bit render engine makes full use of the larger address space by allocating a larger texture cache. If the size needed for the cache does not fill up (which is probably the case with smaller scenes) there is no advantage, hence no increase in speed.
There are some improvements in the render engine with regards to IDL and transparency I believe, but that only shows in specific scene dependent situations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.