Fri, Sep 20, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 ,

peterpan ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 1:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:38 AM

I started off using poser from near it`s begining , and I had an idea the 2010 would be good for animating. However , not much,  apart from layers being added, still not as stable as I thought the pro version may be. Time will tell as updates come out.....................first try...........

Has anyone used the graph to adjust movements in an animation as yet ?

It is a real pain in the ass , first I checked to see if the resolution was incorrect for Poser Pro 2010 , ( 1024 x 768 minimum resolution) , mine is 1280x1024.
To explain , when doing adjustments using the graph , the top of the graph gos out of site ? No matter how big you make the menu window , it is impossible to reach the top or the bottom of the graph. However , if the graph is closed and reopened , it has adjusted itself and you can now see the top / bottom of the graph and able to carry on using to finish adjusting the animation. Wow , a real no to work flow..........! Perhaps its just my computer/me ( norm ), but never had this prob in any other Poser progam 1/7, before. And to make matters worse , clicking on the adjuster on the graph is a pain too , now having to enlarge the graph so I can adjust and it gets in the way. Do I realy need to shell out for a larger screen/ video card for one program , or is it all adjustible? I am going to update my drivers today for the Nvidia GS 7900 and see if itmake a difference , but doubt it............. Ok , Im no pro , just a long term hobby person, perhaps there is a way to get it right , any advice guys on setting the windows , before I go to SM and make an idjet of meself......?

nemirc ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2010 at 10:18 PM

I haven't had the chance to try out Poser Pro 2010 so I can't give you any input on this.
All I know is that Poser has never been the best animation tool out there. Or at least not for many of us who've had the chance to use real tools like Maya, MotionBuilder, Cinema or Softimage...

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

peterpan ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2010 at 11:42 AM

Thank you for replying , do you happen to know if there is a place to look at the reported bugs , you know a peek before you speak type of forum. I have now reported to SM..........

Yes and you are quite correct Poser has never been too good at animation as the pro versions, thats why I purchased the 2010 , I was hopin for the render to movie to be as good as Daz`s output, but then they use a pro renderer........
                                                                                   Cheers

ar3d ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 9:21 AM

Quote - I haven't had the chance to try out Poser Pro 2010 so I can't give you any input on this.
All I know is that Poser has never been the best animation tool out there. Or at least not for many of us who've had the chance to use real tools like Maya, MotionBuilder, Cinema or Softimage...

Well, I would add Blender (free tool) to this list. It's clearly superior to Poser in the animation department.

The only way you can achieve good animation in Poser is basically frame-by-frame approach as there is no way to control animation curves.

nemirc ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 10:04 AM

I'd dare say anything is superior to Poser when it comes to animation :lol:

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

ar3d ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote -  I'd dare say anything is superior to Poser when it comes to animation :lol:

Not really. You have to give them some credit. Layers (esp. add layers) are pretty awesome feature. Also, unlike Daz Studio for instance, it has inverse kinematics.

Slowhands ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2010 at 5:25 PM

Yes there are better programs that Poser for animating. Some of the problems I think people are having is. A good example, animating a sequence, and you know of a pose you wnat to incorporate into the next part to finish that animation, and save time, and do your tweeks after you have that sequence.

Often you will see, when adding a pose from your last pose, It looks great. But then and you run your animation. you see the body spins between all those spaces between. That sceams like a night mare. The first time I ran across this a number of years ago. Nothing I tried worked. The sceret is Diable the feet kinematics, Un wind your characture selecting the hips. I had one clip that spun around twice and then ended into the correct spot. I un wound it one complete time and it landed in the correct place. Sometimes the animation with two such poses. What happens is it twirls in the wrong direction. The starting frame with Kinematics off again and select the hips again. Keep that final pose, but spin it the opposit direction from the starting pose to the end pose.  Leaning that had saved me a lot of headaches. 

skamotion ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 2:56 PM

Man that does sound like a bug. I would let SM know about this straight away. Whenever I've had problems with the software I give them a mail and they jump right on it and help me out.

The greatest thing about animating in Poser is that it's cheap and that there is this amazing library of characters to choose from. I've managed to get some great results with the software, it did take time for me to figure out all the trick for using poser correctly in relation to animation. It's all about learning and having fun!

cheers

SKAmotion

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2010 at 6:44 PM

if you are using a pose to set a keyframe you may need to adjust and place one or more keyframes to steer the action in the direction you want. It also pays to check that the pose does not contain any odd values. It does make a difference if for example the hip has y rotate 280  instead of y rotate -80. They are the same position and doesnt matter for a still image but it may effect an animation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.