Tue, Oct 22, 1:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Newbie Question Anyone

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:34 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:20 PM

Ok... This is probably going to sound stupid. But, I am new to Poser 8. I have downloaded some things from renderosity.com. However, most of the downloades from the site for poser requires "V4." My question is : What is V4 (or Victoria 4) and does it already come with Poser 8?
I beg anyone to help me!

tchamberlain2

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:44 PM

No your not asking something stupid ...

V4 is available at daz3d.com - her base is free, and while your at it, download all the other bases that are free as well .... but if you want to use characters with her you will need to buy her morphs++.

and no she doesnt come with Poser 8 or any other poser for that matter :D

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:44 PM · edited Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:46 PM

V4 (Victoria 4) is a female figure made by Daz3D and does not come with Poser. The base model is free at the Daz3D site but most things that say "V4 required" normally means you need the morphs which are not free, but available for purchase at the site :o).

BTW, newbie questions are pretty much why this place exists, so if you have a question, don't be afraid to ask. Most of us don't bite (at least not hard anyway...lol)

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:45 PM

Sorry .Artemis. ...LOL! Crosspost ;o)

Laurie

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 9:21 PM

Ok... Does the v4 (once I download it) work in Poser 8? If  so, do you download it like any other thing you would download in poser? This is a morph and not a character (right)? Thank you guy so much for these answers.

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 9:23 PM

V4 is a base figure a CR2 file, - once you download her, you install her, it might ask you where and if it does, lead it to where Poser 8 is.
You will find her after wards in the Figures library > DAZ people.

• laurie its okay LOL at least we both answered pretty much the same thing.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:11 PM

V4 is a figure, not a morph. She HAS morphs to change her looks to your liking, but they are not included with the free base figure - you have to purchase those.

Laurie

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:26 PM

Alright, one last question. Does she come autimaticly in daz or is there another version of her in daz. I only ask this because I do have daz also but I'm likeing Poser more?

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:32 PM

Ok... I see you just answered that question. Can you take the victoria from daz and transfer her to poser?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:48 PM · edited Mon, 29 March 2010 at 10:49 PM

For each operating system (MAC & PC), V4 comes fully equipped for DAZStudio and Poser.  The cr2 files are fully interchangeable.  However, materials files for DAZStudio are not transferrable to Poser. 

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 11:12 PM

Ok then, How do you export Daz characters like (Victoria) to Poser? Do you have to export is as a poser file?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 11:18 PM

You're better off just reinstalling it to Poser

Laurie

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 11:21 PM

wrong the v4 figure that comes with daz studio can not be used in poser
the files are all daz studio specific and not poser cr2 ...you will need to get the one from daz3d and install it to poser.

www.oodlesdoodles.com

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 11:37 PM

Yes, I did it! I took the run time folder that was in daz (which contained victoria) and put it in the dowload folder of poser 8. And, it works in poser. I'm looking at victoria in poser right now. Thank you guys so much. Maybe this might help for the other downloads that requiered v4 in my poser... I don't know. This is why I wanted Victoria 4.. Still dabling with her now..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.