Tue, Oct 22, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Toon Shader in 6.2

TonyL ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 12:58 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:41 AM

Hi!

Could somebody direct me to a tutorial on using the Toon Shader in Carrara 6.2?

Thanx!

holyforest ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 1:38 PM

Just a little suggestion for Toon! Pro: 
http://www.digitalcarversguild.com/plugin.php?ProductId=15

---------------------------------------
Holyforest,
Hundreds of shaders for Carrara

TonyL ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2010 at 1:48 PM

It looks very nice but I don't need something that involved and since I am on Social Security I have to be careful what I spend money on.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 7:06 PM

Attached Link: http://blog.zgock-lab.net/poser/yatoon/en/

You might be interested in the Yet Another Toon shader.

It's a nice freebie that gives a cell-style (toon) shading effect at the shader rather than render or scene effects level. (You can mix cartoonish with realistic that way.) It drops in under the lighting model at the master shader level once installed, and has 9 adjustments for fine tuning. Looking at the ReadMe file before using it is a good idea, since it uses some of the normal shader channels in different ways.

Alternately if you want to try the "Toon!" thing that seems to come with Carrara 6 Pro, it's enabled by applying a filter to the scene instance. It works on the whole scene rather than specific objects when enabled, but you can apply an overide under object effects to dial down or exclude things from it. There should be some info in the Carrara help .pdf file on it. I haven't seen any tutorials spefic to this myself (at least as far as I care to search), but maybe we'll get lucky and somebody will pop up with an answer.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

bwtr ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 11:48 PM

You should find all the answers in the Help

Look in the "Building a scene"---"Cartoon Rendering".

Brian

bwtr

TonyL ( ) posted Sun, 04 April 2010 at 8:00 AM

Thanks for all the help, folks! I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Tony

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.