Sun, Sep 22, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Looking for renderings done strictly in Carrara

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 11:13 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:25 AM

Hi gang, I do all my modeling (space ships, cars, buildings etc) in Carrara and running into problems joining parts that have been smoothed and had thickness added.  By looking at other folks works I can tell if perfect joining is possible.   I don't use any other program ( Hexagon, 3DS, Lightwave, Blender, or Wings);  so models made in those programs and imported into Carrara would not do me any good.  Plus I really need ideas. 

Thanks for any leads you can give me.  Jan

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 11:29 AM

Most of my stuff here at Renderosity is done strictly in Carrara.  You can look at my gallery if you like.

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 11:39 AM

Good morning Rich, I forgot about you and your great models.  --got my interest in modeling because of your work--yep will definitely look more at your work.  Thanks for your quick reply.  Jan

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the compliment.  I just did a new one a week or two ago.  I don't know if you've seen it. 

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hi Rich, I just took a long look at it and your shuttle looks great.  Got dozens of questions for you on it.  Basically I know that you used the vextex object modeling room.  Was the main fusalage made from the sphere or did you use ruled, coons, gordon surfaces or yes.  Additionally I think I see an interior with seats.  Jan

Danas_Anis ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:35 PM

All 3D stuff in my gallery is  Carrara and modeled in Carrara.
Even most textures are painted using 3D paint feature in Carrara, but some has some post work.

But you can always visit www.carrara3dexpo.com   for some big inspiration 

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:43 PM

Actually I hardly ever use the vertex room.  I sometimes put up my models for sale so I like to make them as simple to modify as possible, even for newbie modelers.  I used the Spline modeler for just about every component in that model, as well as 99% of my other ones.  You would be amazed at what you can do in the spline room if you can picture the component in your head clearly.

Quote - Hi Rich, I just took a long look at it and your shuttle looks great.  Got dozens of questions for you on it.  Basically I know that you used the vextex object modeling room.  Was the main fusalage made from the sphere or did you use ruled, coons, gordon surfaces or yes.  Additionally I think I see an interior with seats.  Jan

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 12:44 PM

BTW.  My newest is the Kestral fighter. :)

Quote - Hi Rich, I just took a long look at it and your shuttle looks great.  Got dozens of questions for you on it.  Basically I know that you used the vextex object modeling room.  Was the main fusalage made from the sphere or did you use ruled, coons, gordon surfaces or yes.  Additionally I think I see an interior with seats.  Jan

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:07 PM

Hi Rich, you did a great job on it!  However, sure would like to see it again in more light (need to see more of the detail--the cockpit looks pretty good can pick out the pilot's seat and of course Vicky.  Like the theme too.

As for the spline room, you are correct, one can make amazing things there.  Jan

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2010 at 9:22 PM

I will try and do a close in of the cockpit from behind if you like.  There is a LOT of detail in there.  Panels, displays, throttles joysticks etc.  I just wish I had a simple generic space armor of some kind for V4.  Out of my budget at the moment I am afraid.  I'll see what I can do in the AM tomorrow.

Quote - Hi Rich, you did a great job on it!  However, sure would like to see it again in more light (need to see more of the detail--the cockpit looks pretty good can pick out the pilot's seat and of course Vicky.  Like the theme too.

As for the spline room, you are correct, one can make amazing things there.  Jan

holyforest ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2010 at 4:40 AM

Most of my work is done with Carrara, I sometimes used Topmod too, just for fun.

---------------------------------------
Holyforest,
Hundreds of shaders for Carrara

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2010 at 2:41 PM

Here is one I did awhile back in Carara 5 I think.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.