Mon, Sep 16, 12:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Vuueport issues, SERIOUSLY aggrivated

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2010 at 9:34 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2023 at 3:21 PM

file_451037.JPG

As you can see i am not getting the same results in my renders as in the Vueport, which is the one i want. it is an IBL render, anyone know wazzap ?!?

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 12:11 AM

A lot of your settings are not used in the preview window.  Check your camera's exposure setting and your scene's GR and GI settings so your renders look more like the preview.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 1:51 AM

I would check the render settings. Is maybe re-use of indirect lighting checked on? This can cause exactly problems like you have.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 1:22 PM

and turn off autoexposure in the camera settings.  It's a pain in the butt

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2010 at 9:55 PM

I tried everthing suggested, nothing worked...alas I gave up on it...

thanks for the help guys, i will ask e-on perhaps they know something different ?

-Paul

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2010 at 8:14 PM

file_451158.JPG

Ok, finally got the issues with the light situated & out of the way, now I am having mesh issues. Those tri's are poking out furiously, and it odd because there not POKING out to where they should be casting shadows ya know what i mean.

-Paul

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2010 at 10:29 PM

That is a lo-res model.  Do you have a hi-res model of the figure to import?  GR lighting will remove the shaded areas.  Set GR lighting to 50% and ambient lighting to 50%, otherwise you blow out the scene with too much light or too much contrast.

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2010 at 11:17 PM

No Shawn, it is not a lo-res model, it is V4 straight from DS. And it is a GR HDR lighting model (;

As a modeler i know for sure it is the poly's that are "casting shadows" it is visibly obvious.

Any more ideas ?

-Paul

3DNeo ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 12:20 AM

Quote - No Shawn, it is not a lo-res model, it is V4 straight from DS. And it is a GR HDR lighting model (;

As a modeler i know for sure it is the poly's that are "casting shadows" it is visibly obvious.

Any more ideas ?

-Paul

I may have an idea. Check out my latest post in the thread here, "Vue 8.4 Infinite....." As you can see in my pictures, I am having many texture issues and so are a few others. Are you using the option to import using "Poser Shader Tree"? If so, try turning that off and then import and see if your texture problem goes away. When I turn mine on, I see what looks like serious texture flaws sort of like blotches and dark areas. They are NOT there in Poser Pro 2010 nor are they there in Vue 7 with the Poser Shader Tree option. The only way I found so far to solve it is to turn OFF use Poser Shader Tree.

There are other issues too I find and you should report this to e-on so they know more people are having trouble. Let me know how things go.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 3:11 AM · edited Tue, 13 April 2010 at 3:19 AM

Quote - No Shawn, it is not a lo-res model, it is V4 straight from DS. And it is a GR HDR lighting model (;

Any more ideas ?

-Paul

V4 is lo-res in my book.

But anyway.

Use a hi-res HDRI that has more lighting info stored in it.  Or forget the HDRI altogether and use Vue's natural sky lighting.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 3:16 AM

Quote - There are other issues too I find and you should report this to e-on so they know more people are having trouble. Let me know how things go.

I've reported all the bugs that Vue crashes with.  But they fall on deaf ears since I am not a subscriber.  The E-on bot will email me right away though if I'm reporting a bug from an older version of Vue.  Still, it gets ignored via that route, too.

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 8:22 AM

You could try increasing the smoothing angle on the V4 model to smooth-over the triangle-polygons in the render.  Select object. Press ctrl-e.  There are other options in the object editor that might work as well.

Charles

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2010 at 12:04 PM

yes sittingblue, i have consitered smoothing it, but ran out of time enough to mess with it, have a plane to catch, maybe when i get back to Europe (;

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.