Sun, Sep 22, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 makes Posette look good!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2010 at 5:05 PM

file_451982.jpg

And finally...

Bear in mind that a lot of this was done in 2002-2003; at one point, I had over 50 original textures for the little guy that were just experiements never released. I havent even thought about taking the dork into WW and bringing some of Michael's clothing over for him. That could be interesting...

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 2:01 AM · edited Wed, 28 April 2010 at 2:06 AM

file_452002.jpg

SeanMartin, Yay for the Dork! That looks great!

Here is Posette rendered in Poser Pro 2010 using DPH's V3 re-map and an African head morph I saved to obj from the P4 Ethnic character set. The texture is Copilote's Lisha, and I used the VSSPr3_NoAO shader. I had to tweak VSS a bit because it was miisinterpreting the ears, thnking they were corneas. Took me a while to figure that out.

DPH, all that layering you do...it gets you the result you want, but I want to render in one pass.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2010 at 2:45 AM

@NanetteTredoux;
That looks fabulous!  If this is the African Head that you were looking for, so much the better!  I render the way I do because it suits me!  Also, when I press VSS into service, I seem to have a singular incompetence in operating it.  Nevermind, I usually have to do a lot of postwork anyway because of pokethrough.  DO keep up your good work!

@SeanMartin;
some of your Dork renders look better than mine!  Good job, and DO keep it up.  The Dork deserves respect!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

3dactor ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2010 at 12:42 AM

dph,
you know what  could provide a nice firelight glow to the room. IDL lighting. Just create a couple props.  red, orange and yellow over in direction of fireplace. turn ambiance up to like say 6  if they are not too far away. you'll have to test it based on your scene. then delete and/or turn off all lights. turn on IDL lighting manual render settings.
 only possible in Poser 8 or Pro 2010 though... It will produce a very nice natural feel to the light.
regards,
jason-

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2010 at 4:35 AM

@3dactor:
Thank you for the good advice.  In future renders, I'll see what I can do.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.