Mon, Oct 21, 9:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue INF 8.5 Mac- much improved on my 1st Gen Intel Xeon Mac!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2010 at 11:13 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 9:39 PM

I have a quad core Xeon 2.66 with 7 G RAM and a GeForce 7300GT Video card- I got no sky previews- and Poser Models would appear mottled and full of huge holes- and where only visible in the main window over a very narrow depth of field This with VueInf 8.4 Mac OSX 10.5.8

The Open GL "Pipeline" is showing OpenGL clpuds and the V4 character OpenGL preview is much improved as well. It also seems to RENDER faster. with the same setup and Vue Inf8.5 Mac

kromekat ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2010 at 5:02 PM

Thats good to hear! - bizarrely, the e-on blurb suggests that the 7300 cards are incompatible with Vue, which made me wonder whether that was why I had soooo much hassle with 6.5 on my first gen 3Ghz 8 core Xeon.

Waiting on the demo.

Adam

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2010 at 6:19 PM

I really hope you finally get the Vue gremlins sorted out Adam.  It's been too long that Macs have  had all these weird problems with Vue

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2010 at 7:58 PM

Hi Adam

I can actually see the shapes of the clouds now- and V4 has a shaded appearance in OpenGL (pipeline) At some point I will upgrade the video card- did you?

Quote - Thats good to hear! - bizarrely, the e-on blurb suggests that the 7300 cards are incompatible with Vue, which made me wonder whether that was why I had soooo much hassle with 6.5 on my first gen 3Ghz 8 core Xeon.

Waiting on the demo.

Adam

kromekat ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2010 at 7:04 AM

Thanks Frank,

Yeah, I'd really like to have a proper working version of Vue to draw upon.

Eric - yes I replaced the 7300GT with an ATI HD 4870 in that machine, and I have a 8800 GT in my other MacPro, but it has been a long time since I bothered with the Vue Infinite 6.5 versions, and until I read the recent compatibility info on the 7300. I had no idea that might be the cause of the issues I was having - although I am not convinced it can be only that, and since you have it working with one...

Adam ;)

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2010 at 6:30 PM

Working well at that! I am AFRAID to upgrade to Snow Leopard since I have a working combination with 10.5.8

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 12 May 2010 at 9:35 PM

64 bit mac vue is on the way!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 12:26 AM

Esther

You give me hope! :-) I am playing with lighting/atmosphere variations on a V4 character I imported from PPro2010 into VueI8.5. I am being very careful to try and not run out of resources!

synergy543 ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quote -  64 bit mac vue is on the way!

Yes, public beta is out.

Does this require OS10.6?  Or will it work with OS 10.5.8?

Also, is this under NDA?  Is there a discussion forum somewhere where testers can share experience?  I see nothing on the e-on forums yet.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2010 at 9:43 PM · edited Thu, 13 May 2010 at 9:45 PM

Not for me- when I clcik on the link they sent me I get the following message:

Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Now it is working- busy server I guess!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 12:35 AM

Every time it crashes I have to re-install it-which only take a few minutes-but is annoying!

Esther- how is it with Snow Leopard? I am using 10.5.8

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 4:46 AM

probably exactly the same I think.  You should upgrade.
SM and e-on are (according to e-on) working on making poser and vue work better together in poser pro 2010 and vue 8.5.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 10:11 PM

Hi Esther

I think I will go Sno!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2010 at 10:18 PM

yes, it is perfectly safe - I promise.

well I haven't heard any news about new mac pros as yet, and macrumors predicted june.  Hmmph!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.