Fri, Sep 20, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: My first upload!

BrendaJa ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 2:07 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 5:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2058673

Hey guys, this is my first picture made with poser, or at least the first one I showed anybody. lol :laugh:

So please go easy on me! :blushing:

But still, I would like to know what people think if they don't mind. 😊

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 2:23 PM

Welcome to the Fray.  It looks like Teddy has had a bit too much cider! :lol:

That's really good lighting for a first render.

Her arm pose needs some work, as it doesn't look natural.    I'm not sure what is up with her tights, but someone will.

My first Poser render was a skeleton on a horse, with Simon being eaten by an alligator.  I should dig it up...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 3:46 PM

Not bad at all for a first render, it's even got shadows! ( a pet peeve of mine is renders where the lights have the shadows turned off.)

Her pose looks a bit like the default T pose, so that could do with a tweak but I'm not sure if she should be running for her life or turning around and hugging the teddie.  There is definitely something weird with her socks but I don't really use Poser any more so I've got no idea what.
All in all, you should be very pleased with it

My first renders ended up in the bin - interestingly, that's where most of my renders end up now as well :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 6:12 PM · edited Sat, 15 May 2010 at 6:15 PM

For the socks turn off cast shadows, but leave on for legs and the wet look of the stockings should go away, yet the legs will still cast shadows on the ground. Plus the issues the others have stated :)

Edited to add
Or you can try leaving the stockings as is because they appear almost like a solid color and hide the legs, shins, feet and toes.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sat, 15 May 2010 at 8:34 PM

Awesome first upload.

I like the scene. The poses and the other things that were mentioned are things you'll get better with the more you use it.  For me it's always about the creativity and how I respond to a picture and when I saw this one was like "What's up with that bear" ha ha ha.. The bear definitely looks juiced. (drunk).  I don't know if that's the look you were going for but it worked for me.

Great job. I think the girl should be really concern about that bear though. ha ha ha.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 1:39 AM

I don't know if it was your intention but you've managed to take what could have been an innocent looking scene & turned it into some sort of creepy nightmare where teddys are huge great scary monsters.

Very good first render, aside from the problems already pointed out of course. :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

ghonma ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 3:36 AM

Pedobear rides again ?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 5:13 AM

Quote - Pedobear rides again ?

OMG I thought I was the only one to have that thought ROFL

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

BrendaJa ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 10:47 AM · edited Sun, 16 May 2010 at 10:49 AM

Hi guys! Thanks for all the comments and advice. 😄

For you guys that think the bear looks weird you'll have to blame 3D Universe for that since they made the model. lol

I just threw him in the scene and pressed 'render.' roflmao

I think he just looks adorable! rofl :lol:

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 1:14 PM

Ah don't be modest, it takes a special talent to tell a tale with a single picture & your picture does indeed tell a tale, it might not be the one you intended but that's beside the point. ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 1:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - Pedobear rides again ?

OMG I thought I was the only one to have that thought ROFL

yes.. that is the exact pose isn't it...

BrendaJa ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 8:58 PM · edited Sun, 16 May 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hmm, I seem to be getting mixed reactions here.

I wanted to do a longer series with these characters, like a short story, now I'm not so sure. :unsure:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 9:41 PM

Aww what mixed reactions? We're getting all sorts of (ok... twisted) stories out of your basically innocent pic. 
That's what ART does. It evokes feelings, good or bad, in the viewers! So be proud, do NOT be ashamed. It doesn't matter if it was deliberate or not. You made the composition, you actually made ART!

(and I'm not being sarcastic.. I should stress that because.. OK I often am.. but not this time...)

Some artists achieve art by throwing stuff at a canvas. Some even get famous for doing so. Art is in the eye of the beholder. But what denominates art is the fact that it evokes an emotion. This does :) Be happy!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 16 May 2010 at 9:48 PM

:laugh: @ above

I think it looks great, for your first render you've showed us. lol Can't wait to see more. Yell at us if you have any questions! :)

BrendaJa ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2010 at 1:05 PM

Attached Link: Tea Party

Hey guys, I wanted to thank everybody for their comments, they've been very interesting, and encouraging! 😄

I would have replied sooner but I wanted to show you my next picture first. 😄 Its a redoing of my first upload, taking some of the comments I received into account. 😄

Ok, I'll try not to be too much of an attention who - are (guilty as charged! roflmao) and spam up the forums every time I update my gallery, but I was excited to show this. :biggrin:

FightingWolf ( ) posted Tue, 18 May 2010 at 8:31 PM

Quote -
That's what ART does. It evokes feelings, good or bad, in the viewers! So be proud,

I agree 100% with this statement.   Any art that stirs up an emotion is great art.  I had a good laugh with the picture and it put me in a good mood.  I could look at  100 so called "funny renders" and not crack a smile. But this picture had me laughing for a good 6 hours every time I thought about the bear.

Unfortunately I'm all laughed out.  But the render did move me.

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 19 May 2010 at 8:28 AM

It is very good for a first attempt, Rome wasn't built in a day.  My first images weren't that good. I have been working with Poser for about 8 years now and I still learn something new everyday. 

Not everyone likes everything I do, but I really don't care about that because you can't please everyone.  If I think something looks good then I go with it, unless there is some glaring error (like something poking through something it shouldn't).  Post work in your image editor of choice can also hide a multitude of sins; if there are small flaws I Photoshop them out rather than trying to gain perfection in the render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.