Fri, Sep 20, 5:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Where is the map that I can altar to make eye shadow?

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:24 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:51 AM

I've modidfied all the materials for David 3 (Poser 8) and even though I've added eye shadow to all of them the eyelid area and just below the eye (commonly called eyeshadow, I guess) are not effected by my changes to the mats. I am, however, able to apply the tinting to the inner and outer area surrounding the eyeball, just not above and beneath.

What do I need to do to have my character's eyes have eye shadow above and beneath the eye?

Thanks.

Michael

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:34 PM

If you have indeed selected the correct (modified) jpgs in the ImageMap nodes, you may still need to issue a "Reload Textures" under the Render menu option to make them show up.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:37 PM

Boy are you quick! But no, that is not the answer. I save them under different file names and select them in the material room. They are picking up it just seems there isn't a map for that area. Maybe it's just David 3, because obviously the Vicky's have that area available to modify.

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 10:48 PM

Ok, I think I fixed it to some degree. In my paramters I had the EyeLidsHvy set to a negative number so they weren't showing up. I suppose I have to check my other negative numbers as well.
; )

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 11:05 PM

when I drawing the eyeshadow or other makeups, I layout in PSD file with texture template on bottom layer.  Then set your working layer to 50-70% opacity so you can be coloring inside the lines. It sort of gives you a grid to work within.  If you don't have template or seam guide, check vendor or free stuff here.

The actual map may not have the unused areas delineated (because it is not necessary)

Plutom ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 7:10 PM

If I understand you correctly, you can do eye makeup by loading the head texture map in your 2d program, make two additional layers and white out the areas where you want the shadows to go in the third layer.  In the layer just above the base layer, fill it with black and save everything as a .jpg (should be a black background with your whites) then import it into your color_diffuse channel of your posersurface, the make a blender node and attach your .jpg to the blending channel.  The in the second channel, adjust the color to what you want  and adjust the blending channel dial to taste.  Should work for eye shadows as well as eye makeup.  Jan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.