Mon, Sep 16, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: WIP - Landing bay

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 1:16 PM

file_433167.jpg

I think i may just have a good floor texture here

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

geep ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 1:50 PM

NICE!!! 👍

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Klebnor ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 4:28 PM

Crouching Tiger:

The floor looks great!  The walls, with numbered doors also look excellent.

One thing I would like to see - the lights in the ceiling should be a separate group (or individual objects which can be grouped).  In Carrara, a great trick is to shine a distant light from below the entire model and make it illuminate only the lights.  They must be separate for this to work.  If they are part of the roof, the entire roof is illuminated.  On a big building like this it saves a ton of time, not to mention the memory overhead of individual lights.  One distant light from above, illuminating all but the ceiling and lights, lights the scene as though all the roof lights were on.  I can't tell you how many models I've cursed because the embedded lights are part of one big ceiling panel, and the only way to make it look realistic is to put a spot under each light - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

BTW, the same goes for the embedded floor lights (I assume that's what the blue things are).  If they could be illuminated together, it would be very helpful (the blue light panels should be separate objects, grouped or not)  If the blue panels took a common shader, I could make them all glow in one step with Carrara - very cool!

I'm already planning to drop a couple of fueling lines from the ceiling on a rotating boom.  Just a thought.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 4:49 PM

I am planning on removing the current lights in hopes to make something better.

currently the lights are a part of the same object as the ceiling.
my modeler dosen't work all that well with materials so i group the object by the desired material then assign materials either in the uv mapper or in poser. so for example there is a material zone and a group for the ceiling, the light frame and the light.

the lights are not embedded in the object in so much as if they are removed from the ceiling (or floor) it will not create a hole in the mesh.

when i create new lights, i might keep them as a separate prop that loads in place. and perhaps even have a single light prop/object that can be duplicated in programs that take advantage of that technique.

my lighting in my test scenes consists of two lights. one IBL and one infinite pointing straight down.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2009 at 8:27 AM

file_433250.jpg

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2009 at 9:59 AM

It’s looking real good.

The floor is looking a lot better.  However, it now has obvious patter repetition when viewed up close, but it is a lot better than how blurry it looked before.

I like the wall textures in the small hanger a lot better than the wall textures you had been using.

The Modular design is a good idea.  It allows people the flexibility to rearrange the modules and only use the ones they want.

Chris Cox

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:02 PM

file_433859.jpg

New lights.

greatly increase the poly count and not the greatest thing up close, but i like them better.

not mapped or textured yet. just checking the design.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:11 PM

file_433860.jpg

up close

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2009 at 2:13 PM

file_433909.jpg

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 1:31 PM

need 2 poser testers.
hopefully at least one mac user.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:46 PM · edited Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:47 PM

Think about how the lighting works. Basic infinite lights aren't really right for an interior, even on this scale.

Seen 2001--the landing sequence at Clavius with the ferry-ship descending into the base, on the landing pad. There are quite a few observation galleries, with people visible.

You maybe don't need a 3D figure in the Airboss Station, but a simple transmapped rectangle, silhouette or picture, would help set the scale. And enough light to see it.

More control/observation/refuge points along the wall bases and maybe some places on the deck. Where's the emergency gear if there's an accident? Some of this stuff could be separate props, maybe even one or two items as promotional freebies.

Any clutter needs to be controlled, but this place looks almost unused.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:56 PM

file_436527.jpg

fire station

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:59 PM

file_436528.jpg

gantry crane WIP

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:59 PM

file_436530.jpg

tie downs

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:04 PM

file_436534.jpg

m2 at crane controls

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:06 PM

I am working on clutter :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:32 PM

It looks GREAT! But also very very specialized.

What I'm saying is, it's a great model and it ought to sell, but don't expect high number of sales. It's (at least IMO) too specialized for that.

Doesn't mean it isn't awesome though  ^_^ 

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:36 PM

Oh I don't expect it will sell well at all.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if most of my "target market" is getting it for free by being a beta tester for me.

I'm doing it because i like it, i want it, and i'd like to get a little something out of it to support my poser habit, even if it only ends up being a little.

Klebnor ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 1:29 PM

Tyger:

Very nice indeed.  The attention to detail is spectacular.  Have you considered a crash morph on one of the walls - to simulate a vehicle impact if desired (dents, discoloration, deformation of panels)?

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:12 PM

Quote - Tyger:

Very nice indeed.  The attention to detail is spectacular.  Have you considered a crash morph on one of the walls - to simulate a vehicle impact if desired (dents, discoloration, deformation of panels)?

Klebnor

the walls are too low-poly to be able to morph.

Klebnor ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:44 PM

No problem, can be easily added to the model post purchase.  Primitive in front of wall + displacement map + fuel spill/burn shader = nasty crash result.

Klebnor

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2010 at 10:21 PM

Posted as a freebie at the team dystopaia exchange forum

artdude41 ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2010 at 4:41 AM

anyone else having a problem accessing the team dystopia forum  , seems  like its down for me ?!
awesome landing bay by the way , fantastic work tyger, cant wait to get my hands on this :)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2010 at 7:40 AM

the forum had a database crash earlier. It appears to be up now.

DanaTA ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2010 at 2:11 PM

Man, that security captcha is too difficult to read!  I can't create an account at Team-Dystopia.  I don't normally have a problem with those things, but there's too much "noise" in the image.

Is there any reason you didn't use ShareCG to upload this?  I was looking forward to it, but I'm not going to try again at TD.

Dana

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 7:46 AM

sorry, TD brought me on to do some texturing and they are hosting the files for me.

I think it is only right that if they are going to host the files, they should get the traffic.

besides, there are lots of free sci-fi stuff there.

If the security captcha is too troublesome, send me a PM here and I'll send you a direct link to the zip.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.