Thu, Sep 19, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: nybras morph issues

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 7:53 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:23 PM

i recently got the motif exp. for daz's nybras demon and it has some cool morphs but the tail removal is a strange- i recall it looking normal the first few times i tried it with his default morphs, but not anymore- this feature would be of use given it is kinda time consuming to animate it.
is may be an odd question but to anyone else who has it the icon shows him as having a behind however when i use that morph the is only a hole where the tail was making that morph useless to me if he is seen from the back.
does anyone esle have this problem or does anyhow to fix it?
thanx in advance

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 8:39 AM

Sounds like the morph isn't being applied properly.. maybe try to reinstall?

Or maybe you are also applying another morph that also distorts that area?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 10:03 AM

i that is how it felt to me also- i might try and reinstall i have noticed that happens every now and again
btw your products are awsome- i have many of them

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 10:33 AM

Thanks.. I'm considering getting back into the game.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:09 AM

i tried the reinstallation and it didnt do much- guess i will have to just deal with it

but on another note- yeah i really think you should - your models are like i said awsome, but i am guessing it takes a while to create them. i would be interested to see what ya come out with

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:16 AM

Try applying only that pose first, to see if something else you are doing it opening it back up.

It could also be whatever you are using (ds, or a newer version of poser) isn't activating the close morph properly.. try dialing it manually.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 11:24 AM

i tried appling right off(from a clean slate) and yeah i am using poserpro(a.k.a to some poser 8) however the morph seems to have no actual dial- i had thought too- to manually adjust it-
i checked the zip to see if there were any deltas and such that might have been misplaced but there werent-
it seems kinda strange but them again i got a little install happy so that might be part of the problem too many folders i am thinking i might just restall poser and revamp i am almost finished with the project i was doing...well almost is being too generous

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 12:20 PM

Odds are the dial is hidden. (Daz required that, at one point I believe.)

Open the cr2 in a text editor, search for hip, and look for the notail morph. (Probably called pbm_notail) look a little further down, and change hidden from "1" to "0" and rave it under a new name.

It could be poser 8 pro doesn't take certain morph poses for some reason.

I'm pretty sure the hip would be the only thing you'd need to change.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 12:31 PM
Online Now!

I have nybras installed on my machine and IIRC that is how the morph actually shows up.  But I need to verify this when I get home. 

BTW: Many users attempt to clarify the naming of each iteration of Poser but always wind up confusing the issue even further.  The most current versions are entitled Poser 7, PoserPro, Poser 8, and PoserPro 2010.  These are the official names.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 12:59 PM

thanx gareee i will try that and that is the trouble with newer versions one never really knows how it will turn out

-hborre
in that case it is poserpro- yeah if you could check out the morph went you get a chance- do you also have the motif exp.? somehow i vaguely remember not having this odd problem before but i might be mistaken.
thanx in advance
(i remember you helped me with the texture issue i had a while ago and everything worked out well)

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 1:21 PM

and gareee when you say open the cr ina text editor - do you mean in a mat room? or did you mean something else? becuase i have noticed hidden dials(which makes no sense to me why they are hidden)

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 1:48 PM

no, I meant in a text editor.. even notepad will do. CR2 files are just text files you can manually edit in any text editor.

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 2:19 PM

really? i had no idea- so what? i just open the cr in notepad? would you mind giving me a quick walk thru?

darquevision ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 2:29 PM

ok i see what you are talking about the hidden value being 1 however i dont know how to change it then use it plus nybras has 4 characters two iks and 2 pbmc( it think they are called)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 9:02 PM
Online Now!

Okay, I took the opportunity to examine the Nybras mesh in UV Mapper and found that, unfortunately, the hip section does have a hole where the tail is connected.  Unless there was a Frankensteining technique applied, the is no morph available which can convert that section into a human looking behind.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 8:16 AM · edited Sat, 29 May 2010 at 8:18 AM

file_453605.jpg

None, eh?

This is from one of the promo images I did for daz when I did the nebras morph set...
Which reminds me.. does the OP even have the nebras morph expansion set? it sounded like it at first, but if not, that would make sense.. also you NEED to load the morph expansion figure, NOT the standard one, and then apply the pose. The new goodies aren;t injected, they are built into the enhanced figure.

darquevision ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 12:16 PM

oh ok i see what you mean- i do have the full nybras it think
i have and i am listing everything granted some do not pretain to topic but just for the sake of knowing what is what

base figure- which includes thehellbent and regular, which btw what is the difference between the two figures if you know(obviously)
purely wicked(mr211b)
demonicus(tx1098)
bone(tx1122)
howler(mr411)
demonz(mo219)
nybras expansion(tx1100)
nymbus
motif-more textures(which is the one in question)
i know most dont have to do with it
however if i am missing something which is it i will check if i have it- i recently moved to a new country got a new vers of poser and began installing it is definatly possible i missed an exe along the way
thanx again for the help

darquevision ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 12:23 PM

sorry that "(obviously) was not intented to seem obnoxious- i re-read it it might have come off that way- i meant obviously i had the base character

darquevision ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 12:28 PM

ha i just checked- you are right gareee i was loading the regular nybras not the inhanced one- once i use the right one it was all fine
thank you- funny how simple it was
again thank you both for going thru the trouble for me

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 6:59 PM

NP at all.. I figured it was something simple like that... ;)

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2010 at 9:40 PM
Online Now!

Well, there was something omitted in the instructions.  My thanks, also.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 8:24 AM

Quote - Well, there was something omitted in the instructions.  My thanks, also.

The only thing ommitted in the read me (Just checked my local copy of what I submitted to Daz.) Was a sentance telling you to load the Nebras PLUS cr2 instead of the original one... but my submission (again just checked) dropped it into the same folders as Nebras's installation, so if you looked in his folder, you'd see Nebras, and Nebras PLUS, the enhanced version.

Daz may have changed my readme file, or change the target folder installations as well, but since they bought it out from me, you'd have to take issues with it up with them, becuase it is out of my hands.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 8:36 AM
Online Now!

Found it and managed to play with it last night.  Didn't actually notice the difference until now.  Thanks again.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 10:22 AM

My pleasure! I loved working on Nebras, and its always good to see people enjoying my work!

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 10:59 AM
JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2010 at 12:05 PM

I gotta throw in my 2p on this,too.  Love your stuff Garee. Now toddle off and make more!:laugh: Quality demands you!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.