Sat, Sep 21, 8:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Creating Draenei

oxayotl ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 9:21 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 9:36 AM

Hello all!

First post here on the Renderosity Forums (yay me!)

Anywho.... whilst roaming around the galleries taking in everyone's great artwork, i stumbled accross some awesome Draenei (World of Warcraft) renders.

Now, i understand that they (possably) use the V4 Creature Creator. But here is my question:

How do i get the skin tones onto the legs? I'm using Daz3DA (hence this post in this forum ;p)
Are they manually added using PS or Poser? Or something else entirely differant?

Either that, or could someone throw me a bone and let me in on there Draenei techniques? The V4 Creature Creator doesn't seem to morph to well onto good 'ole Victoria.

Any input in this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ThetaLov ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:23 PM

The one I made didn't show the legs, but all I did was change the diffuse color to a blueish purple in the Surface tab.  Same thing with the rest of the skin.  Yeah, I used the creature creator hoofed legs, but her horns are actually the Troglodyte horns.  (Don't mind the crappy hair painting.  >.>)

The morphing I didn't worry too much about as the legs were covered by a skirt.  But if you're intending on showing more skin, then obviously the torso skin has to blend with the legs.  In my case, I'd take the textures into Photoshop at that point to try and blend them together.

I don't have the advanced D|S 3, but it shouldn't be too different.  If there's an easier way to do this, I'm not sure.  I tend to do workarounds more than anything because I don't have a whole lot of fancy toys.  ;P

Survive Entertainment

• Exclusive Artwork!

oxayotl ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2010 at 10:28 PM

Thanks very much for replying :)

Guess i'll have a go at messing around with the diffuse to match the skin colors :D

Your Draenei looks cool btw :D I think the hair looks great!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.