Mon, Sep 9, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: When loading A3 Base: a bug???

lior ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 7:29 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:27 AM

file_453838.jpg

This is what I get when loading A3 Base from P7: is it a bug?

Thank you for your help.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 7:52 AM
Site Admin

Turn off your IK's

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

lior ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 8:16 AM

Quote - Turn off your IK's

I'm a beginner: what's the meaning of "Turn off your IK's"?So how to do this? 😕
Thank you for your help

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 8:24 AM
Site Admin

Sorry, IK stands for inverse kinematics. I'm drawing a blank which menu they are under, but I believe it is character.(I'm in the middle of a render so I can't check sorry)  Uncheck the ones for the feet.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 8:25 AM

Figure>Use Inverse Kinematics make sure nothing is ticked. However, I don't recall people having that issue with A3 in the past - is this loading the default figure from the library? Are you loading a new item or replacing an existing figure?

lior ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 8:58 AM

file_453842.jpg

> Quote - Figure>Use Inverse Kinematics make sure nothing is ticked. However, I don't recall people having that issue with A3 in the past - is this loading the default figure from the library? Are you loading a new item or replacing an existing figure?

The default character is SimonG2, when loading A3 I'm replacing the existing figure and after I write Aiko3 instead of SimonG2
Now   Figure>Use Inverse Kinematics  nothing is ticked
Must I do this every time?

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:11 AM

What I would suggest is deleting everything from your scene then set up your blank scene as your preferred preference and save. Exit Poser and restart, it should start a bit faster and come up with a blank scene.
Now when you load any figure, such as A3, it should load without the foot problem.
You will still have to turn off the IKs due to Poser turning them on.
There is a cr2 hack that keep the IKs off so long as you don't save the figure back to the library.
don't remember the wording off hand, sorry. Maybe some else does.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

lior ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:28 AM

Quote - What I would suggest is deleting everything from your scene then set up your blank scene as your preferred preference and save. Exit Poser and restart, it should start a bit faster and come up with a blank scene.
Now when you load any figure, such as A3, it should load without the foot problem.
You will still have to turn off the IKs due to Poser turning them on.
There is a cr2 hack that keep the IKs off so long as you don't save the figure back to the library.
don't remember the wording off hand, sorry. Maybe some else does.

I don't understand how to begin with a blank scene?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 9:47 AM

If someone could post illustrations how it is done, it will help the OP.  I would do it, but I am not at my Poser computer currently and won't be until this evening.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:04 AM

file_453848.jpg

Maybe these creen shots will help Step 1: is the blank screen

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:06 AM

file_453849.jpg

Step 2: Setting up preferred state

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:07 AM

file_453850.jpg

Step 3: Saving Preferred state

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:12 AM

The problem is you used "replace figure". When you do that, it saves the current pose values of the existing figure, deletes it, loads the new figure, and then applies the previous pose to the new one.

When you do this with figures that have different rigging, you mess it up.

You only use "replace figure" with like figures. For example, replacing a naked Simon with a clothed Simon. (Simon Casual)

The proper way to get rid of a figure is to delete it. Then load the figure you want.

The suggestion to save a blank scene as your default preferred state is just so you won't have to delete the default figure every time you start Poser.

Default figures are a stupid idea. Noobs need to learn to load a figure - that should be the first thing that happens. As it is, you are being forced to learn a two step process, and to learn that you should not be using the (unfortunately obvious) one-step process.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:12 AM

Thank you, nickedshield.  That should clarify any confusion.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 10:28 AM

The IK cr2 hack, courtesy of Jim Burton

How to turn of Inverse Kinematics Forever!   by Jim Burton  on 6/1/04 11:34 [Printer Friendly]

For those who don't know how, here is the E-Z way:

1. Open the Figure as the first one you have opened after starting Poser (or pull down File, New). This is to preserve the figure as :1, incidently.

2. Turn off the Leg Inverse Kinematics (Figure, Use Inverse Kinematics, click both legs off)

3. Resave the figure under another name- "Vicky 3 No IK" or whatever.

4. In your favorite text editor or whatever, open the CR2 and search for "inkyChain LeftLeg". Change it to read inkyChain Left Leg (with a space). (Figure CR2s will be found in Poser/runtime/libraries/character/figure folder).

5. Do the same with inkyChain RightLeg (inkyChain Right Leg)

6. Save the CR2.

E-Z, what? ;-) You now have the option to turn it on if you like, but it doesn't automatically open with it on. This isn't new information, but I thought it might be helpful to some. I seldom use IK myself.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 11:49 AM

Lior, you live close by to me.  Call me if you have these problems: 03-551-5260
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 12:31 PM

Boy, David, you have opened the door for some crank calls!

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 12:53 PM

Oh well, I'm lonely and bored, and would love to talk to just about anyone about Poser & Posette, and my developing Graphic novel, so go ahead!
dph

lior ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 1:30 PM

David and I are leaving not so far from one another.

דוד

אני צריך לבוא לבקר אותך ובכול פעם זה לא יוצא לי

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 02 June 2010 at 1:38 PM

אין בעיה!  תבוא מתי וכאשר שתרצה!

דויד

lior ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 1:14 AM

It seems to be a bug with A3Base 'cause if I use the Aiko 3 version that has the morphs I haven't any of the problems ! 😕

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 1:41 AM

The CR2 may be corrupted but even so, you should follow the advice given above.  

First thing I do with a new installation of Poser is delete the figure and generally set things up the way I want.  Then save this as my default start up.   It's also a good idea to save it to one of the UI dots just in case Poser goes completely Tango Uniform.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

lior ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 1:50 AM

Quote - The CR2 may be corrupted but even so, you should follow the advice given above.  

First thing I do with a new installation of Poser is delete the figure and generally set things up the way I want.  Then save this as my default start up.   It's also a good idea to save it to one of the UI dots just in case Poser goes completely Tango Uniform.

If this ,cr2 is corrupted, why Daz have not made the correction?
It seems I have to uninstall and to install Poser again 😕

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 2:10 AM

No, the CR2 could have been corrupted on your machine.  Sometimes it happens.  No need to reinstall Poser, either.  Delete and reinstall the Aiko base figure would be all you need to do.  You could always re download it from DAZ, just in case your installation file is knackered.

Other than that, follow the advice given by others to either start with a blank scene or to delete the default figure before loading Aiko. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 3:04 AM

Quote - It seems to be a bug with A3Base 'cause if I use the Aiko 3 version that has the morphs I haven't any of the problems ! 😕

IIRC, DAZ fixed the problem in the "with morphs" version, but haven't updated the "Lite" figure.

lior ( ) posted Thu, 03 June 2010 at 3:09 AM

But I said

Quote - ... I use the Aiko 3 version that has the morphs I haven't any of the problems !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.