Wed, Sep 18, 2:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: changing poser ui font

Vex ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 11:24 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:58 PM

I know there was a thread about it FOREVER ago. But it must've gotten purged because its gone.

Before you could edit languages.xml to change the font shown around the Poser UI, but now it seems to have no effect.

I'm using the mac version - and its using Lucida Grande everywhere. Does anyone know how to change the font in PP 2010 ? 

RealDeal ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 5:01 AM

I remember it happening back in Poser 4, and remember finding the answer here.... and it's popped up again in Poser 6 and I came here to find the answer, also.

If I find an answer that would work for you, I'll make sure to post it.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 12:45 PM
Vex ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 12:52 PM

I've seen this thread, its not what I was looking for unfortuantely.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 2:43 PM · edited Wed, 23 June 2010 at 2:54 PM

poser pro 2010/runtime/ui/languages.xml lists system, helvetica, courier, times in that order?
is system font (e.g. finder menu bar) lucida grande (snow leopard default)?
one would not recommend changing system font to change poser font.
I haven't tried deleting the instances of "eFontSystem, " (no quotes) from said file et al.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 5:49 PM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 8:19 PM

yeah, poser continues to use system font regardless of what I add to/delete from "languages.xml".
there is a "fontselectfont.py" script in the poser pkg contents with "GetChosenFont" but I dunno
how to use it, nor if it only applies to a python script window.

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 3:10 AM

OK, what worked for me was a shot in the dark, and I'm pretty sure it won't work for Mac.. I deleted the toto.ttf font, and rebooted. It was not listed in languages.xml, or any other place, including the registry system fonts, so i can't explain it. but it worked in Poser 6.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.