Fri, Sep 20, 1:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Incomplete renders when using Queue Manager for Poser Pro 2010

Jellybean ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 3:50 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 12:47 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_454656.jpg

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with rendering to the Queue in Poser Pro 2010.

The problem I have is missing/invisible objects, in the rendered image, in the image above, a helmet and body suit are missing.  (the missing limbs are expected as these were made invisible to resolve a few poke through problems).

The image renders fine in the foreground and background within Poser Pro 2010.

This happens when the image is both sent to a remote render node (Win XP 32bit) and to local machine (Win 7  64 bit)

Any help with this problem will be most appreciated

Thanks

Jellybean ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2010 at 3:50 PM

file_454657.png

This is what the image is supposed to look like

Jellybean ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 12:11 PM

Okay I've been debugging this problem  and I think I'm getting to the bottom of it.

It would appear to me that in order for an object to to render correctly in the queue the geometry files used in the scene have to be in the poserpro 2010 geometries folder structure.

If the geometry files are in any other runtime folder then the objects are not found despite the fact that the runtimes are integrated into the poser library and the fact that the foreground and background renders work fine,

Please could somebody check if they get same results so that I can rule out any issues with my Pc/Poser setup

The steps to reproduce are as follows:-

1. start a new scene in poser
  2. load a single character or prop from any runtime that is not in the poserpro default runtime (ensure the .obj file is not in the default runtime  geometries folder either)
  3. Render to queue
    4 - expected results should be a blank scene
  4. copy the .obj files to the default appropriate subfolder within default runtime geometries folder
  5. Render to queue
  6. **expected results - a correctly rendered scene

Thanks

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2010 at 9:48 PM

They should not need to be in the Main Runtime, but they do need to be in a Shared Folder. This is more of an issue on Vista and Windows 7 than other Platforms.

You might try using Collected Scene Data Script in the Scripts, Utility and save it out to a Folder in the Shared Folder.

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.