Sun, Sep 22, 9:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Best laptop screen?

muller252 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:01 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:14 PM

Hi,
My last laptop was very good except it had a high definition monitor which I found very poor for rendering and photoshop post work. The colours were not vivid at all. I'm ok with what hardware specs I need, just unsure when it comes to the screen. My desktop has a digital monitor which is brilliant for this. Can anyone advise?

jestmart ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 9:40 PM

Most laptops are going to use a display with only 6 bits per red, blue, and green channels.  This will only display a total of 262,144 colors.  Check if the laptop can use an external display and put out an true color signal.  If it can you would probably be better off hooking it to a better display when you need accurate color.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.