Thu, Sep 19, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: animated gouped objects

wsami ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:08 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 3:45 PM

hi all

i made a building animation inside vue...the building consists of many parts i arranged each of them inside groups...and those groups are inside the main group which was named "bldg01"...i animated the group's objects and it was hard..the animation is as shown in this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa4oYINR21E

now i want to make a copy of "bldg01" and want to move it beside "bldg01" to have 2 buildings beside eachothers, i copied "bldg01" and named it "bldg02" and moved it beside "bldg01" while i was in frame 0 , now when i run the animation.."bldg02" moves till it gets into the same position where "bldg01" is...how can i avoid this problem?? 

looking forward to hear from you...thanks in advance

wsami ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:59 PM

file_455454.jpg

here's an update

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF29LOYesYc

](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF29LOYesYc)and also how the model groups arranged in the attached image

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 6:36 PM · edited Sun, 04 July 2010 at 6:38 PM

Try this:
-Go to frame 1
-Create a primitive to use as a dummy (null object). Move it on top of or underneath the building.
-Link the copy of bldg01 to the primitive.
-Move the PRIMITIVE to where you want the second building.

• Hide the primitive from rendering.

That should do the trick!

Cheers, N

wsami ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 9:47 AM

thanx avanz...i tried it...but when i move the time to the end of animation...the linked building's parts go to the same position where the first building is...that would drive me crazy

wsami ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 1:09 PM
AVANZ ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 6:53 PM

You are right, it does not work. The solution I gave you only works with looped rotating objects like propellors.

The reason why it does not work for you is that the position of group BldgA is also animated. If it would not be animated, and you would set the master group to "Forbid Animation" you can move it freely around, any time.

Regrouping is no option, you will loose all animation within the new group.

The thing you can do is move a copy on the first frame of animation, note the X, Y values of the new position, go to the last frame of the animation of group BldgA, correct the XY value. As long as there are no intermediate keyframes for the position this should work. Else you have to correct them as well.

Tip: If you want to move the keyframes in time, open the keyframe editor, expand all the groups so you can see all keyframes, draw a rectangle around all keyframes to select them. Now you can move them in time.

Cheers, N

AVANZ ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 9:54 PM

Well, Vue keeps surprising me!

If you do the trick with the dummy primitive and go to the last keyframe of the BldgA group, and then move the dummy, it works! And it does not matter if there are any intermediate keyframes.

Man, had I known this before it would have saved me a lot of trouble!

Cheers, N

wsami ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 8:30 PM

still i have the same problem...i wish if i can send u the file so u can check what's going on..how can i get it to u AVANZ??

AVANZ ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 8:53 PM

That's fine,  I'll pm you a ftp

AVANZ ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 2:16 AM

wsami, did you get my pm?

AVANZ ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 4:36 AM

Ha, ha, ha....LOL, and even LOLDER, and LDER and LDER.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.