Sun, Sep 15, 11:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Segestions for enproving this? thanks!!

Zak666Williams ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 10:21 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:21 PM

file_455493.png

Hey guys, here is a image i made in vue esprit 6. anysegestions on how how i could iporove it? thanks!

Yep i'm an R-type fan.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 1:58 AM

One challenge would be to better define the scale of the scene.  It's a bit tricky when there is a lot of snow.  Is this a huge thing we're looking at?  Or the size of a car?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Zak666Williams ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 2:15 AM

it's supposed to be huge, I've scaled down the snow material heaps and made the ripples of the water small. It's suposed to be gudge in the middle of a big lake.
(just for note Force devices are suposed to be small however this one has beanthrough severil dimensions and has become massive. Any segestions on how to improve the scale? thanks.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 2:30 AM

Light bloom will make a scene appear smaller.  See if you can get a more real Sun light that is colored by an Earth-like atmosphere.  The more real the Sun light is, well that is only a plus added to the total of your scene that you are trying to make real.  The more real it appears, the more believable the scale is obviously.

One trick I use (if I'm going for real scale, and not hyper-real rendering) is to use actual scale for everything.  Buildings, mountains, people, leaves on a tree, etc.  Using real sizes will force Vue to use more accurate (real) light and volume calculations for rendering.

Depending on the height of the ice in your scene, you may want to insert a layer of haze.  The Godrays make the scene seem small because of the angles of the light.  Godrays are great when you are looking at the sun from the ground.  But it takes away from the landscape when the camera is above it looking downward.

Zak666Williams ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 3:07 AM

Thanks for the Advice I'll try Tweeking it a bit and see I'll also shink the material (SNOW) a bit more to make the Ice formations look larger. everything seems to feel small.

I'll also  Try Scaling my Objects a bit more (this will take a While to Render)

DAM3D ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 6:21 PM

You might try using some metapeeps in the scene, with a little science tent nearby, as if people are near it trying to figure out what it is, that would make the scale easily apparent. :)

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

sittingblue ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 10:24 PM

IMHO, turn the cam a few degrees so that the angle of the pole group is approximately 30° to  45°.  This will give a greater perception of depth as the lines of the pole will draw the viewer into the scene, and the background terrain will expand into the horizon.

Charles

Zak666Williams ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 1:00 AM

Cool, Any tips of placing people into a scene with a Preocedral terrain? everytime it looks like they are on the ground they are either above it or below it since it is not acruatly displayed in vues building thingy.  thanks!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 1:33 AM

Quote - Cool, Any tips of placing people into a scene with a Preocedral terrain? everytime it looks like they are on the ground they are either above it or below it since it is not acruatly displayed in vues building thingy.  thanks!

Exit any editors you're in and select the "people" object and click the drop object icon on the left.  It should connect their feet to the procedural terrain.

tsquare ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 6:31 PM

Don't hit me......but run your text through a spelling checker before adding it to your picture. :blushing:

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 6:49 PM

I forgot to mention.  The OpenGL main camera view will not show an acurrate procedural terrain.  So you may have what looks like floating objects still after dropping them.

perilous7 ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 7:57 AM

the tops of the "icebergs?" are a bit flat? try adding avery fine bit of noise into the terrain so it breaks up the flatness.

hope this helps

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

Xpleet ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 8:44 AM

suggestions:

Use sub surface scattering if it's included in Vue esprit
add a blue hue to the ice color
make the water color darker
have the ripples on the water stand out more
try reducing FoV in the camera settings and check

kind regards,

Paul

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.