Thu, Sep 19, 9:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: Stylized Truly ORIGINAL poser figures???

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 8:36 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:49 PM

file_455436.jpg

Hi All ever been a comprehensive list of "Stylized" poser figures? I mean figures that dont Scream DAZ/Poser!!! **And uniquely stylized and Low poly NOT just  Morphs hammered out of  the Mic/Vic meshes to maintain "clothing support"** I would love to see some original Unique/Fun figures like the ones in the attached pic with basic P4 rigging for easy animation..

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

geep ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 8:58 AM

file_455437.png

I agree ... Let's **DO IT !**

Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Bueller ? ..... Bueller ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... :blink:

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 9:04 AM

would be fun I think :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Vestmann ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 9:04 AM

Those figures seem to fall in between the human/realistic and ultra cute toony characters that are available now.  I'd love to see figures like that for Poser, although anything marketed for Poser can't stay 'truly original' for long, can it?

Vestmann's Gallery

tonymouse ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 1:05 PM

I love the style I would use them!!!

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 4:19 PM

Quote -
 I agree ... Let's DO IT !

Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Bueller ? ..... Bueller ? ..... Anyone ? ..... Anyone ? ..... :blink:

OK. In for a penny; in for a pound. I'll bite. After all; we're already building them a room in another thread.
pdg

geep ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 4:33 PM · edited Sun, 04 July 2010 at 4:35 PM

file_455474.jpg

Ok, let's do that next ... We will use Wings3D.

Be ye forewarned ... this is much more difficult than a Simple Room.

Wings3D? ..... If you don't have it ... go get it, it's FREE.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 6:40 PM

Quote - Ok, let's do that next ... We will use Wings3D.

Be ye forewarned ... this is much more difficult than a Simple Room.

Wings3D? ..... If you don't have it ... go get it, it's FREE.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Got it a while back as a lot of folks in the forums swear by it for making clothing and morph targets. I haven't had a lot of time to really work with it yet but there is a first time for everything. Let the learning begin.
pdg

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 11:06 PM

It's not too hard. There once was a Wings tut by Draculaz (old site member, kind of lurks here on occasion) for a spaceship. Taught me 90% of what I know now.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 12:06 AM

"I would love to see some original Unique/Fun figures like the ones in the attached pic."

(In the voice of Scotty from Star Trek) You own Zbrush and Modo. God God, man! Make them.

The trouble with original stylized figures for Poser is that as soon as they became popular, they would cease to seem original.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 8:46 AM

Quote - "I would love to see some original Unique/Fun figures like the ones in the attached pic."

(In the voice of Scotty from Star Trek) You own Zbrush and Modo. God God, man! Make them.

The trouble with original stylized figures for Poser is that as soon as they became popular, they would cease to seem original.

This pre-supposes that one would give away or sell such figures so that they become as popular as other characters out there. I for one would like to make simple low poly figures for my own use. I am not trying to make another Brad, Vicky, Mike; or Antonia.

Many here complain about the sameness of characters in posted renders. If you are making simple figures for your own use then one can indeed have truly unique figures in their renders. For those on 'Rosity who make online comics and the like this is a way to do something other than dial spun or simply morphed hi-res figures where high poly figures are not really required.

I could go on and on here but I am sure that you get the idea.
pdg

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 9:31 AM

The main problem with the existing toon figures for Poser/DAZ Studio is that they tend to be either one-offs or only a couple of figures at most in the same style; they usually come with decent morphs, but nothing that can be used to add enough variety to become dozens of different characters.

Scenes using multiple styles of toon figures look like crap, btw.

There are a few that can go together if one takes the time to tweak their morphs and possibly add a few magnets to bring their styles together (as well as adjusting material settings), but most people don't seem to want to spend the time to do this.

3DUniverse somewhat addresses this with their toon figures, as they add new characters to their roster that all retain the same underlying style, but that's about it as far as I know (aside from the Poser Pro Pack toon figures - hey, how long has it been since you've seen/used them in a render?).

geep ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 10:00 AM · edited Mon, 05 July 2010 at 10:01 AM

file_455510.jpg

But, have you seen Loretta? 😄

LoRez figures anyone? :biggrin:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 10:04 AM

Quote - The main problem with the existing toon figures for Poser/DAZ Studio is that they tend to be either one-offs or only a couple of figures at most in the same style; they usually come with decent morphs, but nothing that can be used to add enough variety to become dozens of different characters.

Scenes using multiple styles of toon figures look like crap, btw.

There are a few that can go together if one takes the time to tweak their morphs and possibly add a few magnets to bring their styles together (as well as adjusting material settings), but most people don't seem to want to spend the time to do this.

3DUniverse somewhat addresses this with their toon figures, as they add new characters to their roster that all retain the same underlying style, but that's about it as far as I know (aside from the Poser Pro Pack toon figures - hey, how long has it been since you've seen/used them in a render?).

Again; something that learning to make your own low poly figures will cure. You would then be able to make as many unique figures as you wish. All would have the same style as they would all be made by you and not a random bunch of figure artists. Once you get the hang of it then higher rez figures would be your next step.

The way I see it many Poser users just want to work with existing models. There are a heck of a lot of good modelers and riggers out there supplying great Poser content but as you say; they are all working in their own style and that may not always suit your purposes. Runtimes are filled with content that you may only use once or twice. A lot is free and a lot is pay. From the requests I see in the forums most folks want free. Making your own content is free except for your time. When render times run into hours to produce a scene then spending some time to work on your own stuff doesn't seem so bad.

One reason I feel that a lot of Poser renders seem to have that familiar look is that folks are unable to create content in their own style. Give 10 2D artists a request to paint/draw a NVIATWAS and you will come up with 10 unique results. Ask 10 Poser artists to do the same and the results are not quite so unique. The same could be said of sculpters and others who work in traditional media. Their own unique style will always shine through. 'Nuff said. I'll go back to reading the thread and stop preaching in it now.
pdg

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 1:17 PM

I have Loretta, and she does exactly as promiced.

But I would like to get in contact with the one who made her.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

geep ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 2:49 PM · edited Mon, 05 July 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quote - I have Loretta, and she does exactly as promiced.

But I would like to get in contact with the one who made her.

Try this ...

You can send your email to the address here:

... OR ... visit his home page here at R'osity. (link below)

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=167783
There's a link to his website.  It' pretty cool. 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 4:15 PM

Reminds me a lot of http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=118

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 5:52 PM

file_455532.png

I have a feeling that some here are talking past each other.

Or I am reading Wolf's question wrong (also a possibility)

Of truly stylized people I can only think of the Business man and -woman from Daz

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 05 July 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quote -  I have a feeling that some here are talking past each other.

Or I am reading Wolf's question wrong (also a possibility)

Of truly stylized people I can only think of the Business man and -woman from Daz

You are NOT reading me wrong TG.

My website

YouTube Channel

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 5:58 AM

Yes, well, good luck with that, guys. The moment the first female mesh is released, we can be guaranteed of the following, in no particular order:

(1) a bigger breast morph

(2) a merchants' make up kit in six neon colours

(3) a morph to create a working "down there"

(4) a half dozen pieces of lingerie/impractical armour

"She" will stay stylized for about five minutes before being absorbed into the Poser/DAZ universe and becoming just like everything else out there. Either that, or folks will find her too stylized and ignore her completely "because she's not pretty/hot/gorgeous!"

Experience talking here -- some of you know this as well as I. But hey, go for it.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 7:56 AM

My usual cavels aside, I went and got Wings, as the good doctor recommended.

Okay, Geep, teach me to make a character.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 9:10 AM · edited Tue, 06 July 2010 at 9:12 AM

Attached Link: "Simple Room" tutorial compliments of Dr Geep ... ;=]

Okay .... but ..... We gotta finish the [ **"Simple Room"**](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2804963) tutorial first. 😄

You're welcome to join us ... just click the link.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 06 July 2010 at 9:44 AM

I'm in no hurry. Whenever you're ready.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 4:02 PM · edited Wed, 07 July 2010 at 4:05 PM

well actually...the poser 4 and poser 3 low rez figures kinda have this look, would not take that much to morph those figures to this sort of look am I correct?

kinda reminds me of the 3 2 1 penguins look lol, but i like it.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 4:08 PM

All I gotta say about the daz styalized woman is her legs are really really fat compaired to her foot size lol.

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 07 July 2010 at 5:04 PM

you could always try PiChi

www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

it is a figure based on P4 girl that has morphs to transform her to girl, boy, adult male - woman and also anime and comes with scale-able head, feet-hands
in the link there are some previews and it is available for free on sharecg

www.sharecg.com/v/25284/Poser/PiChi

My FreeStuff

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 3:10 PM

Can the new figures be rigged to take advantage of the Carnegie Mellon BVH? If anything, it can provide hundreds of free animations and reduce the amount of 'fixing' that is necessary.

Nolos.
'I'm smart...and I want respect!'

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

bouncypig ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 9:37 PM

file_455713.jpg

What do you think of this. These are the figures I have been working on, off and on for a couple of years or more.

bouncypig ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2010 at 9:52 PM

file_455714.jpg

You may have seen these guys before.I've posted several times before. you may have even downloaded my freebies, hal and barbara. I thought i had them nearly finished, but got discouraged by the whole last 1% taking as long as the first 99. Hopefully I'll finish them one day soon.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 7:46 AM

I've been using Hal in a series of short animations: I'll have to post one so you can see. Works really nicely.

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:10 AM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:24 AM

file_455742.jpg

Have you seen James Johnson?  Admittedly, when I built him, I wasn't nearly as aware of what to do to achieve a sharp look in the shoulders and knees when bent ( I so do now) but he still turned out well.  Stylized from the ground up - a bit of the Incredibles meets Justice League Unlimted. I believe we even gave him away in an issue of 3D World.  If more folks show interest I may be able to make the rest of the characters that go with him. As it is right now, he may be a lone ranger for a time.

He's not really low res though. I wish he were. Here's hoping for subdivision at render time in Poser some time before I die!

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:18 AM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:18 AM

Nice!!
Like the "pixar/Disney looks of him.

My website

YouTube Channel

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 9:23 AM

Thanks! 

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:56 AM

I disagree with the notion that they would not be unique for long. When was the last time you saw a render with Alpha man?

Alpha Man

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 11:59 AM

Quote - Have you seen James Johnson? 

I've had my eye on him for some time, but alas, I would like more people to accompany him.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:18 PM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:18 PM

Quote - I disagree with the notion that they would not be unique for long. When was the last time you saw a render with Alpha man?

You realize I was talking about the female meshes since those are the only ones that truly matter... :-)

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:27 PM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - Have you seen James Johnson? 

I've had my eye on him for some time, but alas, I would like more people to accompany him.

Sadly, that's the catch-22 I'm in.  Unless more folks buy him/use him, I can't justify making the rest of his universe to the folks who have the final say but if I don't make the rest of his universe, more folks won't buy him/use him.  Believe me, I've had arguments over this very thing. I may end up releasing them outside of the company someday if I can.

The same applies to the male model popularity versus the female model popularity - more folks need to use the guys but won't use the guys if there's nothing made for them, yet there won't be more made for them if folks don't use the guys.  Kinda messed up the way the customer/content creator's minds work.  Both sides need to rethink their approach. 

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:28 PM · edited Fri, 09 July 2010 at 12:29 PM

Alpha man has a female counter part. And there are other stylized female figures available as well; LaRoo, Phoebe, Koshini. None of them are so vastly popular.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 1:14 PM

With the possible exception of one other person I know of, I'm about the only person left in Poserdom to use Ichiro 1 (let alone Ichiro 2). My preference has always been to the stylized-not-quite-toony, but that's actually harder to do when working with a female mesh, because the ones out there (like Koshini) are more realistic in design than their male counterparts.

But hey, look what happens when a stylized female is released. Skye, for example -- how long did it take before someone decided her child appearance wasnt good enough and booted her up to barely-legal 16? NearMe was reworked into Cherry, with enormous hooters.

No wonder no one takes this program seriously... not when we as users sure dont.

Just my 0.02, which is no doubt wrong.

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2010 at 1:30 PM

Problem with one off characters like Ichiro etc is that they are one-offs and there is not nearly enough content to make it worth it IMHO. I would love a full set of stylized figures. As it is now I end up using Hiro and Aiko and now I've moved on the Gen 4 figures which have some nice morphs. Have you seen Freak 4 character sets? (I know, I know you mean FEMALE but these are some nice somewhat unique morphs)

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

pgtyner ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 8:07 PM

glad to see you posting about your figures Bouncypig!!!  I can't wait to see some more stuff released.!!!!

pgtyner ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 8:09 PM

wolf359, I really like your figures, too!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.