Fri, Oct 4, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Need help please, with "Space Geometry: Dead V4 Eyes" freebie

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:20 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 5:20 AM

This is a freebie available in the R'osity Freestuff section.

I'm trying to use it on M4 (he and V4 can share the same eye textures, yes?) but the textures won't apply.  I've tried with his body selected, his head, and his eyeballs...and nothing happens.  So, I tried manually loading them into the material room, but that was a dismal failure.  I really have no clue which parts of the eye to load the textures to, what settings to use, etc.

Can anyone help, please?

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:26 AM

If they are props, you'll need to parent them to M4's head before they will take MAT poses.  Unparented props won't take MATs.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:38 AM

The item is just a texture and a mat-pose, which I assume has a shader in it, since the texture isn't black but the promo image shows black eyes. The comments under the freebie indicate others have been unable to load the texture either.

You don't need this to make eyes black. Go into iris and eyewhite materials and set them to black.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:39 AM

I just took a look at the file, it is a texture set for the eyes.  Can we have a screencap of the eyes in the material room?  There is no readme available, so we may need to look at the node setup to determine what is going on.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 11:44 AM

You can't screen cap something that won't load.

I just tried to load it - won't do anything to V4 or M4. No change. Nothing to see.

The mat-pose file is obviously messed up.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 12:00 PM

Yeah, there's nothing to show unfortunately.

Quote - You don't need this to make eyes black. Go into iris and eyewhite materials and set them to black.

Thanks.  I'll give that a try, but...I'm assuming just setting them to black won't give the same results as what's shown on that preview image, all shiny and glossy with reflections.  There must be other tweaks and settings applied to them...

What a bummer.  I was hoping it was just me doing something wrong...I never even thought to look at the comments from others on the download page.

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 12:08 PM

It is a problem with the pz2 file, but easy to fix. :)

Open the file in a text editor, and at the top you'll see this section at the very top:

{

version
 {
 number 7.2
 }figure
 {

Here is what it should look like:

{

version
 {
 number 6
 }
figure
 {

Simply place the cursor between the word figure and the bracket and press ENTER, save the file and it should now work. :)

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 12:43 PM · edited Thu, 15 July 2010 at 12:51 PM

Okay, I tried that (substituted 7.2 for 6) but it's still not working.  Or do I need to remove some blank spaces so that it looks exactly like how you've got it posted here?

EDIT:
Oh, I also pressed enter between the bracket and figure, but still nothing...

This is what it looks like now, in Notepad:

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 1:00 PM

file_456082.txt

Strange, it should work after simply correcting that one error.  I tested it in Poser 8 and it worked, but haven't checked it in 7. I use Note Tab Lite for editing files, so I don't know if Note Pad is possibly doing something nasty to the file.

I've attached my working version of the file, just save it to your folder and remove the .txt extension and it should work. :)

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 1:19 PM

Thank you SO much!  :D  That worked!  (I must have done something wrong in my editing). 

I'm so happy I can use these now.  They look GREAT!  :)

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 1:43 PM

You are very welcome, glad I could help. :0)
Don't blame your editing, from what I see of your file it looks the same.  I think it may be Note Pad doing something nasty, not you. LOL!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 3:25 PM

Thanks for that DreamerZ_Loft. I was clueless what to do about it.

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:09 PM

I can find my way around in a mat file to find errors, but am clueless when it comes to figuring out how you work out the formulas for some of your marvelous shaders....so I guess we're even.  :lol:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:54 PM

Heheh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.