Sun, Oct 6, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Hello, new here and have a question

FergerMeister ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 6:44 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 5:12 PM

Hello, I am new here. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a material pallete in Bryce that is editable.. as if a list of materials in a scene that has objects in it, can I select just one of the materials and edit it on all of the objects it appears on?

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:03 AM

you can select the item you   want then right click and select the rest of the objects. then open the material pallet and check the check mark. this should put that material on all of them. At least that is the way I do it.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

FergerMeister ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 4:28 PM

I see, but in a complex image this might be difficult to do. I think my question is, is therea place to look at a list of at the materials in a scene and edit them from a list?

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:44 PM · edited Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:47 PM

file_456167.jpg

No the only list of materials is at the top under edit drop down menu, but those are the material's that you can apply to a obj.  There is a material editor where you can edit material it is at the top click on edit itself  and it will bring up a new pallet. Here is a pic

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:49 PM

file_456169.jpg

This is the other pallet after clicking the edit .Hope this helps

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

eyeland ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 11:10 PM

No way to do exactly what you want, but assigning Families to objects works pretty well for me. If you have an idea of which objects will share identical materials, assign a common family to those objects - preferably as you create them, but you can do it any time. Then, if you want to change materials, just select that Family with one click & assign the new material to all the objects in that Family in one fell swoop...

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Picasso

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 7:10 AM · edited Sat, 17 July 2010 at 7:17 AM

file_456190.jpg

If you load a new image based texture then everything using that image changes. If you tweak the diffuse or ambient settings for that image you have to do it individually for every object. Here you can see I have selected the seventh image texture in the pallete. Bryce draws the red box around the active image. Click the word Load over the left hand image (I drew the red box around that one) to bring up the Open window. Navigate to the image textures, select one, and click Open. The window disappears and the left hand image changes. Do the same in the middle to add bump or transparency images.

This only changes the image. If you need to tweak scale or specularity your best bet is to assign everything to a family so they can be selected all at once. Then changing one changes all.

FergerMeister ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 6:23 AM

Thank you all for the replies. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.