Mon, Jul 8, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Custom Fractal work?

tracylcraw ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 9:34 PM

I sent DreamWarrior an email and asked her about this.  She encouraged me to post on the forum.

I've admired the work of many of the Renderosity artists for some time.  You are amazing people.  My artistic side is actually in quilting, but I love digital art.  Recently I realized that I wanted to locate or create an image for a personal project to make my time on the internet both more effective, beautiful and personal. 

Specifically, I want a beautiful, colorful image that contains geometric shapes.  My goal is then to remove some of the polygon and substitute small pictures that are actually links to commonly accessed web sites.  (Renderosity, amazon, gmail, blogger, children's schools, etc.)  I have a template already up, but it's not as visually pleasing or creative as I really want. 

I've thought about quilts, but can't find an image that is close enough that it work.  I believe that I need the complexity of fractals with many shapes so that when some are removed they would still blend in.  I love the colors and spiral form of Dream Warriors "Happily Entangled," but it's too complex for my idea.  The spiral is naturally relevant because some personal links are always more important.

I have no idea how to make fractals or how complicated they are.  I'm curious if anyone is interested in making this as a personal challenge or helping me to learn how.  I'm very flexible!

Thanks and Hugs!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 5:50 PM

I'm sure everyone has gobs of them, but here's a simple one and it has squares on it that could be replaced with pictures.[

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1403510](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1403510)

Good luck on your search!  There are so many beauties! (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

tracylcraw ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 10:12 AM

Thanks CarolSassy.  That is indeed a lovely picture.  I'm looking for something with more cubes/polygons though.  I want the images/links to blend into the art not stand out.  This is something that will grow over time.  I already have over 20 links to add into it.

Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of easy to use fractal software?

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 11:45 AM

http://backroom.renderosity.com/~fractal/CommunityPage/Links-FracSoftware.htm

There are several free frac programs on this page.

Later! (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 5:05 PM

Hi Tracy!
I'm glad you decided to post here =)

Have you considered the possibility of finding an image that suits your needs and ask the author permission to use it?
I'm thinking this because if your need is so specific and you're not very familiar with the process of fractal creation, it might be a tedious learning curve. Fun, definitely, but if you need a specific outcome and don't want to wait a long time, it might be a good idea.
Then, more relaxed, you can explore all the software and possibilities of fractals (and I encourage you to do so!)

Just a thought.
Cheers!
Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

tracylcraw ( ) posted Sun, 01 August 2010 at 6:16 PM

Thanks.
I'll do both.  Randomly look for what I want and play with the software.  In the meantime, I'll have to mostly put this aside and work on "real" projects for me.  Maybe at some point, somebody will enjoy the challenge and play with it.

I think there is a long term market for pairing art with web design.  There are already a lot of applications that try to make the internet "faster", but they are mostly "sterile."

Hugs to all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.