Tue, Oct 22, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Poser 7 export to Photoshop cs3 3d layer?????

moonwatcher ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 4:42 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

What am I missing? I have tried to export a simple poser scene, just a prop the high rez ball, to a Photoshop cs3 extended 3d layer and all I get is a very bright screen shot of what is on my screen at the time. I have tried used all the export file formats that it seems that Photoshop can import and all the results are the same a very bright screen shot of my screen at the time. Obviously there is a step or two that I do not know about. Could someone fill me in please.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 6:14 AM

There's a free plugin at SmithMicro for the Poser-to-PS thing. Did you use that?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

cspear ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 6:55 AM

Or use this:

Scripts > Utility > CollectSceneInventory

(Select) > Copy All to Folder

This collects all .obj and texture files and saves them into whatever folder you choose, and you know you're working on copies rather than the originals.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 7:50 AM

Quote -  There's a free plugin at SmithMicro for the Poser-to-PS thing. Did you use that?

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that, would you, TrekkieGrrrl? I had a stickie-beak over at SM for the past while but could find free anything... trials and stuff, but nothing free.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

moonwatcher ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 8:05 AM

TerkkieGrrrl:
Yes I have used that plugin.

Cspear
I'll give that a try a little later thanks.

RobynsVeil:
Plugins and patches are hard to fines at SM, but keep looking, they are some where under support.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 8:23 AM

I found the link (after some time) to the tutorial for using the Poser 7 to PS CS3 Exporter but not the Exporter itself.
Does this work in PP2010 as well?

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 9:01 AM

Found it... you had to scroll wayyyyyy down....

Metaphor of Chooks

moonwatcher ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2010 at 8:14 AM

RobynsVeil:

Thank you so much for finding that tutorial.  It is a bit more involved then one might think,

moonwatcher ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 3:25 PM

I was not able to find the highresposer7box, but I did try with a couple of simple props and every time I got to step 4 Poser crashes. Could this be because poser 7.0,2 is a beta and so is the CS3 exporter also a beta?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 7:35 PM

Where'd you got the idea that Poser 7.0.2 is a beta?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

moonwatcher ( ) posted Sun, 18 July 2010 at 9:07 PM

I thought for sure that earlier I downloaded an upgrade form Smith Micro update page a poser 7.0.2 upgrade that was note to be a beta, but now I can not fine it.  I do see an upgrade for poser 7.0.4 which I'll down later and go through the whole thing all over again.

Do you know where I can get the high res poser 7 box?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 5:44 PM

I haven't got  SM tool, but I've exported obj files from poser8 to folder with textures,
then cs4 can open the textured obj file.  trying to export multiple objs at once is more
difficult, as cs4 seems to group them.  I dunno what box they're referring to, but  poser 8
box = 64 quads per side, d3d box = 100 quads per side, and lo-res box = 1 quad per side).

moonwatcher ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 12:44 PM

file_456533.jpg

O.K. I have upgreaded to Poser 7.0.4, I have instaled the plugin that alows you to export to Photoshop, I have upgreaded to Photoshop 10.0.1 and I have folowd the tutorial but when I add a new 3D layer in Photoshop this is what I get.  HELP!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 3:38 PM

in re:  poser 7 to cs3 exporter:  where's the tutorial?  does it say if it exports procedural shaders?
if it doesn't export procedurals, which produce a seamless texture in poser, then there's no point
using it IMVHO.  we can fake procedural export by applying them to a plane and rendering,
but using that as an UV map produces big seams.

moonwatcher ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 5:48 PM

Miss Nancy here is a link to the tutorial Poser 7 to PS CS3 Exporter .  It say nothing about how it work or if it does or does not export procedural shaders.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 25 July 2010 at 5:58 PM · edited Sun, 25 July 2010 at 6:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_456555.jpg

o.k., thx fr lnk.  it doesn't export procedurals, only tex/trans/spec/alpha-maps, like that. it exports (poser 8) obj, mtl and all files to designated folder, then cs4e opens obj file.  cs4e needs tweaking with transmap layers - not applied automatically, as shown in above cs4e ray-traced render. also some weld probs.

p.s. I didn't use poser 7, nor did I see where to download HiResP7Box.obj.
but the tutorial is not bad, as it shows how to manipulate and adjust CS obj/display/render.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 26 July 2010 at 2:15 PM

moon, in the past I found they didn't know how to use the 3d funcs in the other forum,
hence let me know if they don't respond after a few days.  it's likely something very
simple.  the first step is to re-import into poser the obj file that was exported by the cs3
script and make sure it looks o.k. in poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.