Sun, Oct 6, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 Talk Designer

Mavrick21 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2010 at 8:20 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:47 AM

Am I missing something?  I cannot find a sound format that will work with Talk Designer. 

.wav will not work...

Thanks

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2010 at 8:25 PM · edited Wed, 04 August 2010 at 8:25 PM

Wav WILL work. However... for some obscure reason, there are some WAV's that can't be read by Poser. Try re-saving them by running them through some standard format like Window's Sound Recorder...

I THINK (from my flaky memory) that they need to be 8 bit, and some programs save wav as 16 bit... Don't quote me on that though L  My wavs has always worked with Talk Designer - but then again I've never used it much. Used it, yes, but mostly for the novelty value :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2010 at 6:56 AM

This is generally a Sound Driver issue or an OS System Issue (Vista and Windows 7) Contact Support, ATTN John and I will get you the steps to fix

ratscloset
aka John

Mavrick21 ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 8:45 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I made a technical ticket on this issue with Smith Micro but no response yet.  Suprised others dont see this problem.....or hear.

Mav

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 8:17 AM

Quote - Thanks for the replies.  I made a technical ticket on this issue with Smith Micro but no response yet.  Suprised others dont see this problem.....or hear.

Mav

I have used 16 bit and 8 bit .wav files with Poser 8 talk designer with no problems other than over doing the enunciation part.

check out recording software like Reaper. You can render your .wav files to suit the program wit h it.

link for the user guide before you decide to download it:

http://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 8:17 AM

Quote - Thanks for the replies.  I made a technical ticket on this issue with Smith Micro but no response yet.  Suprised others dont see this problem.....or hear.

Mav

Send me the incident number if you still do not have a reply (Site Mail and include your email address so I can look it up and respond)

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.