Fri, Sep 20, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 12:54 PM

Quote - First experience with this script- I followed the instructions in the Getting Started read me that was included, followed intructions and only get a black viewport when Lux is rendering..obviously I missed a step somewhere but it wasnt included in the instructions.
I can probably find it in this forum but have 40 pages to sift through.

cant wait for the final version guys, keep up the good work!!

Yeah. I also just followed the instructions, and got black.
I poked around and changed the following:
Under the RENDER tab and then under IMAGING, there is a section called TONE MAPPING.
I changed the Kernel: drop down option from LINEAR  to REINHARD / NON-LINEAR and you should see something.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:01 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:02 PM

Quote - > Quote - First experience with this script- I followed the instructions in the Getting Started read me that was included, followed intructions and only get a black viewport when Lux is rendering..obviously I missed a step somewhere but it wasnt included in the instructions.

I can probably find it in this forum but have 40 pages to sift through.

cant wait for the final version guys, keep up the good work!!

Yeah. I also just followed the instructions, and got black.
I poked around and changed the following:
Under the RENDER tab and then under IMAGING, there is a section called TONE MAPPING.
I changed the Kernel: drop down option from LINEAR  to REINHARD / NON-LINEAR and you should see something.

You can also see something with Linear if you fiddle with exposure and gain. It's up to each individual to decide which looks the best to them, so whatever works for you ;o)

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:21 PM

Stupid question, because I'm sure it's already been covered...

It seems that some of you have gotten BB's ui to work with the script. May I ask how?

Laurie

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - I poked around and changed the following:

That was my problem as well. Solved by using Reinhard / Non-Linear. I found that i could also use Max-White.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I poked around and changed the following:

That was my problem as well. Solved by using Reinhard / Non-Linear. I found that i could also use Max-White.

We'll all have to remember there will be a learning curve to this, like there was when Firefly was introduced...lol. We'll all figure it out, in time ;o).

Laurie

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:26 PM

Ok, I am looking at the Lux Sample File.
LightGroup "sun"
LightSource "sunsky"
   "float gain" [0.050000]
   "vector sundir" [0.965955 -0.026948 0.257303]

"float relsize" [1.000000]
   "float turbidity" [2.000000]

Could some in the know do a quick explaination?

I am guessing that "vector sundir" [0.965955 -0.026948 0.257303] transitions it using the X,Y and Z Axis and that those values can be Pos or Neg.
Anyone know what order they are in?

TKS

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:28 PM

Quote - Stupid question, because I'm sure it's already been covered...

It seems that some of you have gotten BB's ui to work with the script. May I ask how?

Laurie

Not a stupid question at all.  It isn't completely clear.  Here are the steps I use:

1.  Set up scene in Poser, with cameras and lights as desired.
2.  Run the UI script and make your choices.  Then click OK.
3.  Only after clicking OK on step 2 should you run the luxexporter.

The Posertolux.py script reads the data file created by the UI when creating the Lux file.

Hope this helps.

John

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:30 PM

Quote - Ok, I am looking at the Lux Sample File.
LightGroup "sun"
LightSource "sunsky"
   "float gain" [0.050000]
   "vector sundir" [0.965955 -0.026948 0.257303]

"float relsize" [1.000000]

Could some in the know do a quick explaination?

I am guessing that "vector sundir" [0.965955 -0.026948 0.257303] transitions it using the X,Y and Z Axis and that those values can be Pos or Neg.
Anyone know what order they are in?

TKS

If I follow the question correctly, it is X,Y,Z order.  It's just that Z is Up, not Y IIRC.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:32 PM

Quote - > Quote - Stupid question, because I'm sure it's already been covered...

Laurie

Not a stupid question at all.  It isn't completely clear.  Here are the steps I use:

1.  Set up scene in Poser, with cameras and lights as desired.
2.  Run the UI script and make your choices.  Then click OK.
3.  Only after clicking OK on step 2 should you run the luxexporter.

The Posertolux.py script reads the data file created by the UI when creating the Lux file.

Hope this helps.

John

That helps immensely. Thanks so much :o).

Laurie

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:36 PM

Quote -
If I follow the question correctly, it is X,Y,Z order.  It's just that Z is Up, not Y IIRC.

Thanks, you understood my question and have helped a lot here.

Thomas Jefferson

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:39 PM

Where is BB's UI? I seemed to have missed that :(  Thanks

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:41 PM

Well, I must have something set up wrong then, because that doesn't work for me...sigh.

Back to the old drawing board ;o)

Laurie

wespose ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:54 PM

"Did you set up any lights in the scene?  Not the default Poser distant lights, something else like a point light or spot light."

I loaded a lightset that came with Luscious curves morphs for V4, nothing, then tried the default lights and nothing...I know Lux likes objects as lights sources, havnt tried that yet. Ill play with the tonemapping and load some point lights in as advised and see what pans out . I was thinking maybe i needed to use some of the other scripts first to export cameras lights etc seperatly..but I guess I just need to tinker more and try different styles of lights, thanks guys!
I cant wait to post my first test image!!

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 2:12 PM

Quote - Well, I must have something set up wrong then, because that doesn't work for me...sigh.

Laurie

I'm just fishing here.  Are you using the latest version?  If so, when you installed the latest version, are you replacing the PoserLuxExporter.py script?  (You should)  Your scene file to Lux should end in 1.0.3, and not 1.0.1. 

As I said, just fishing.  And I'm a terrible fisherman!

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 2:37 PM

Quote - Where is BB's UI? I seemed to have missed that :(  Thanks

Find one of BB's Posts, the link is in the bottom of them.

Thomas Jefferson

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 2:38 PM

It is also part of the install for the script.  If you look in the AIR subfolder, you should find it there.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 2:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I must have something set up wrong then, because that doesn't work for me...sigh.

Laurie

I'm just fishing here.  Are you using the latest version?  If so, when you installed the latest version, are you replacing the PoserLuxExporter.py script?  (You should)  Your scene file to Lux should end in 1.0.3, and not 1.0.1. 

As I said, just fishing.  And I'm a terrible fisherman!

Yep, my script is indeed 1.0.3 ;o). I must have done something wrong when installing BB's ui I suppose. Not sure how to fix that at this point, so I'll just save it for later.

Laurie

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:02 PM

Quote -

Laurie

Laurie, doesn't luxRender open to Linear by default?
if it is opening with reinholdnon-linear, I think it is working for you.

Just my guess.

Thomas Jefferson

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:04 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:04 PM

I am subscribed to this thread and the plugin thread ta DAZ
Both threads are averaging a post every 4 minutes right now!!!
Low cost  easy Access to a physically correct render engine
will be a "game changer" for poser/DS users it seems.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:18 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Laurie

Laurie, doesn't luxRender open to Linear by default?
if it is opening with reinholdnon-linear, I think it is working for you.

Just my guess.

It's not lol...Linear and 600/400 render size ;o). Notta workin' ;o).

Laurie

Synpainter ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:18 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:19 PM

Well, I hope that the "Major Players" gear heads in this thread have a public viewable wish lists on their homepage. 

👍

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:20 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:23 PM

Quote - I am subscribed to this thread and the plugin thread ta DAZ
Both threads are averaging a post every 4 minutes right now!!!
Low cost  easy Access to a physically correct render engine
will be a "game changer" for poser/DS users it seems.

Cheers

We're all hoping...lol.

This is the most exciting thing since....I don't even know when ;o). And I've been around this place for a real long time - longer than my join date because I've changed my username at least three times...hehe ;o).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:21 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quote - Well, I hope that the "Major Players" gear heads in this thread have a public viewable wish lists on their homepage. 

👍

Hmmm...we need a central spot for the wishlist so that it can be added to and everyone can read the additions. The wiki maybe? Just a thought. At least then the wiki might actually be used...lol.

Laurie

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:22 PM

Quote - Wanted to come in as a cold newbie and see what I could do.
(See attached link for image)

Just followed instructions, added nothing, altered no files for lights,etc.
You can see what I got.

Not bad. Character's head got cut off, but that may be on my part as stated in notes on image. (Sorry to drag you folks from the thread.) I'd like to contribute by (with Flenser's permission) adding to the Getting Started text.

I'd also like to suggest for the final base package, a starter Poser scene/.pz3 with colored primitives be added (i'll post a sample image) so folks can jump right in following the Getting Started text, see what the fuss is about (if they don't frequent this thread) and then they can play around if they want to.

Good for a straight export.
Feel free to add or fix anything in the 'Getting started'. I also like the idea of a 'starter kit' with a sample scene.

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:29 PM

So I've hit a stumbling block.

Up to now, we've just ignored the difference between Z-up and Y-up. It doesn't matter at all, but for the fact that we want to use the sun+sky feature.

Well the color of the sun and sky depends on where the sun is with respect to the +Z axis. The sky is bright blue and the sunlight white when it lines up with +Z, shining toward -Z.

When you rotate the sun away from the Z axis, the sky gets yellow. When the angle is 90, it is like a sunset. When it is more than 100, it's really yellow. And past some point (not sure, around 120 degrees maybe?) the sun literally turns off and everything is black.

Great, but not for us. This means any overhead sun is presented as a sunset. Sun from the front of a figure in zero pose is noon-day blinding white. Sun from anywhere behind the figure is turned off completely. You can't "look into the sunset" when you're actually looking "down".

So I tried adding a "Rotate 90 1 0 0" directive in the scene file and the camera position went haywire. Then I thought to put the Rotate after the LookAt instruction, and that seemed to work. (It's hard to tell if you've rotated when the entire universe rotates together.)

Anyway, I expected this to fix it, only to find that the "sun" color is not calculated on the final position of the light, but rather on the values entered into the "sundir" property. This means that rotating the sun does not inform the underlying code that it is in a different place. The sun+sky code must be looking at the actual values of "sundir" instead of the effective values after world transformations are applied.

So .... if we want to use the sun light, we have to pre-rotate EVERYTHING. This is not a problem and I can easily add this to my light and camera exporters. But I don't understand the geometry exporter at all, and I can't fix it.

@odf - Can you apply such a transformation to all the vertices you're using before you do the normals?

It's pretty simple. Don't bother with a full rotation matrix.

All we need is y' = -z and z' = y for every vertex.

While we're doing that, we should probably apply a uniform scale factor to get everything into meters.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Synpainter ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I hope that the "Major Players" gear heads in this thread have a public viewable wish lists on their homepage. 

👍

Hmmm...we need a central spot for the wishlist so that it can be added to and everyone can read the additions. The wiki maybe? Just a thought. At least then the wiki might actually be used...lol.

Laurie

Sorry, I think I probably worded my statement wrong... I was referring to a "Secret Santa" from the Market place :)  (an appreciative gesture for all the hard work & efforts)

But A Wiki for the "Wish List" BB was referring to may not be a bad way to go for that context :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:38 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Well, I hope that the "Major Players" gear heads in this thread have a public viewable wish lists on their homepage. 

👍

Laurie

Sorry, I think I probably worded my statement wrong... I was referring to a "Secret Santa" from the Market place :)  (an appreciative gesture for all the hard work & efforts)

But A Wiki for the "Wish List" BB was referring to may not be a bad way to go for that context :)

Ah yes, quite right ;o). Better yet, they all need some pages with a big fat DONATE button on them. I certainly will ;o). You just can't get them the wrong thing if you give them money...lmao. The only trouble with that is, odf and and adp would both get screwed by anyone from the U.S. because of the dollar to euro conversion ;o).

Laurie

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:46 PM

Just some observations. Remember we all don't operate at the same speed.

It matters if you use LuxPose or not (DUH!).

In the image you see, the Poser Render (your left) uses the face camera and it is set at 95mm. LuxPose reads at 75mm.

You can see the difference in the faces. We set the 5 numbers to reference points on the Poser Rendered image. [1] The tip of the tiara. It's lower in the LuxRender. [2] the corner of the right eye is lower in the LuxRender. [3] the left corner of the mouth is about the same,  [4] the bottom of the chin is higher in the LuxRender.
[5] Just shows, that for the IDL calculations, Poser was told to ignore the hair and LuxRender said "Hey!, No problem and we'll do the transmap for you too!"

Also note the difference in how the eyes are rendered.

I have yet to play with code that adds lights and sun lights etc.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:51 PM

Give us a link and we'll go look ;o)

Laurie

lasserine ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 3:51 PM

I know this was prolly answered in the post. Have not had a chance to read it all.  What light types work from poser to Lux?  Not sure where to insert the sun parameter into the lxs file.
LightGroup "sun"
LightSource "sunsky"
   "float gain" [0.050000]
   "vector sundir" [0.965955 -0.026948 0.257303]    "float relsize" [1.000000]

Great work on the exporter and thank you.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:00 PM

@odf - nevermind about the transform. I was being stupid. It was 3-line change. All done.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:04 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:05 PM

Attached Link: http://dlfurman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Image at my Deviant Art, Page.

Too cheap to pay to upload more images and too bothered to resize to fit here!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:05 PM

got a link for that page? ;)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:09 PM

file_458151.jpg

Man, I was being dense. It took all of 3 minutes to change all the exporters to rotate everything.

We now have sunset!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:11 PM

@dfurman:

I think if you match the length on the Lux render to that of your Poser render then I believe it should be more consistent. That'll all come. We're still in the fleshing out stages and haven't even really got into features yet...lmao.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:11 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:12 PM

Quote - Man, I was being dense. It took all of 3 minutes to change all the exporters to rotate everything.

We now have sunset!

AWESOME   Always nice when a major snag turns into nothing more than a hiccup...lmao.

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:15 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:16 PM

file_458153.jpg

Yep. Here the sun is high.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:19 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:23 PM

Quote - Yep. Here the sun is high.

Damn, I drooled a little ;o).

So, I guess that's why my sky just stays white then?

Laurie

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:26 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:29 PM

Attached Link: City Ruins with sun settings

If you want really blue skies, try this:

AttributeBegin
LightSource "sunsky" "integer nsamples" [1]
            "vector sundir" [0.70000 0.400000 0.700000]
        "color L" [1.000000 1.000000 1.000000]
        "float aconst" [0.500000] "float bconst" [0.500000] "float cconst" [1.000000] "float dconst" [1.000000] "float econst" [1.000000]
        "float relsize" [2.000000]
AttributeEnd

This is from rty's post several pages back

Linked pic is using this.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:27 PM

Quote - If you want really blue skies, try this:

AttributeBegin
LightSource "sunsky" "integer nsamples" [1]
            "vector sundir" [0.70000 0.400000 0.700000]
        "color L" [1.000000 1.000000 1.000000]
        "float aconst" [0.500000] "float bconst" [0.500000] "float cconst" [1.000000] "float dconst" [1.000000] "float econst" [1.000000]
        "float relsize" [2.000000]
AttributeEnd

This is from rty's post several pages back

Ooo...I'll try that. Thank you :o).

Laurie

one_wolf ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:37 PM

I have been having some problems with my exports to Lux.  The actual export goes through with little to no trouble (just the usual material fixing before export), but Lux will crash while the file loads.  Watching the log file in Lux shows a bunch of errors for missing files in the texture loading, which is fixable, before it sits and thinks for a bit before crashing.

I fixed the missing files by opening the lxm file and fixing the file paths.  For some reason the exporter puts out Poser's relative paths ("RuntimeTexturesBlah blah blah") instead of full paths ("C:PoserstuffV4RuntimeBlah blah blah").  I don't know why it does that because it doesn't happen every time, but careful use of search & replace takes care of it.  The thing I can't figure out is why Lux crashes during the load.  I have one scene that crashes because of several objects, one of which is Stonemason's Walled City, but I tried a new one today with just the Walled City set and it loaded without trouble.  Another scene crashes because of two items, V4 who I used in two others with no trouble, and Predatron's Echoes of Andromeda set which I have also gotten to load.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or if it's just me (I really wouldn't be surprised).

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:38 PM

Quote - Man, I was being dense. It took all of 3 minutes to change all the exporters to rotate everything.

We now have sunset!

Dude, you're awesome!

Thanks for all the effort.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:41 PM · edited Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:43 PM

Quote - I have been having some problems with my exports to Lux.  The actual export goes through with little to no trouble (just the usual material fixing before export), but Lux will crash while the file loads.  Watching the log file in Lux shows a bunch of errors for missing files in the texture loading, which is fixable, before it sits and thinks for a bit before crashing.

I fixed the missing files by opening the lxm file and fixing the file paths.  For some reason the exporter puts out Poser's relative paths ("RuntimeTexturesBlah blah blah") instead of full paths ("C:PoserstuffV4RuntimeBlah blah blah").  I don't know why it does that because it doesn't happen every time, but careful use of search & replace takes care of it.  The thing I can't figure out is why Lux crashes during the load.  I have one scene that crashes because of several objects, one of which is Stonemason's Walled City, but I tried a new one today with just the Walled City set and it loaded without trouble.  Another scene crashes because of two items, V4 who I used in two others with no trouble, and Predatron's Echoes of Andromeda set which I have also gotten to load.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or if it's just me (I really wouldn't be surprised).

Mac or PC?

What version of Poser? What version of the exporter? What OS?

You need to supply as much info as possible for the programmers :o).

Also, I was having a problem with Lux as well. I reinstalled. Problem solved ;o).

Laurie

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:46 PM

Quote - I have been having some problems with my exports to Lux.  The actual export goes through with little to no trouble (just the usual material fixing before export), but Lux will crash while the file loads.  Watching the log file in Lux shows a bunch of errors for missing files in the texture loading, which is fixable, before it sits and thinks for a bit before crashing.

The missing files won't make Lux crash, how much memory does your computer have?
I haven't had Lux crash on me.

one_wolf ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:49 PM

file_458157.jpg

Can't wait to play with all the new toys, bagginsbill.  You sir, rock!

Did some playing with the Walled City that I could render and turned the tubes in one of the broken signs into area lights.  Exported a test scene out of Blender so I could see how it worked and made some fixes to lxm and lxo files from PoseLux.  Only let this go about a half hour and a lot of the noise disappeared when I shrink the images.  On the left is the Walled City with a sun/sky from earlier in the thread and the sign, on the right I turned off the sun/sky and turned up the sign area light.

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:56 PM

I got this error message frequently when exporting:

"Loading  pydough.geometry_export

Loading  pydough.geometry

Loading  pydough.submesh

Compiling H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuluxmaticnodes.pyc

Version alpha 1.0.3 (exporter: alpha 1.1), exporting Lux files to

H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010

Exporting figure Victoria4

Traceback (most recent call last):

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuPoserLuxExporter.py", line 166, in ?*

*    ExportScene(scene, globalParameters).write(f)*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 349, in write*

*    ExportFigure(fig, self.globalParameters).write(file)*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 108, in write*

*    params).write(file)*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenupydoughgeometry_export.py", line 32, in init*

*    data = self.get_data_from_unimesh()*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenupydoughgeometry_export.py", line 78, in get_data_from_unimesh*

*    uni = Unimesh(self.figure)*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenupydoughPoserunimesh.py", line 83, in init*

*    self.collect_data()*

*  File "H:ForritSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenupydoughPoserunimesh.py", line 108, in collect_data*

*    nr_tpolys = sum([len(actor.Geometry().TexPolygons())*

TypeError: len() of unsized object"

I found out that Posemagic Pro was causing this error.   Is there a way around this or should I just avoid using Posemagic when exporting to Lux?

Vestmann's Gallery

one_wolf ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:59 PM

LaurieA & Flenser,

Win XP Home
Poser 7
PoseLux 1-10d (currently, though this happened with several)

The missing texture files weren't causing the crash, it was something to do with the objects in the scene.  If I turn off visibility for everything in the scene, then start turning them on one thing at a time I can find which object is causing the problem.  The trouble with that is that I can get those objects to export, load and render without trouble in other scenes.  That's why it's so confusing.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 5:12 PM

ok the latest build is 1-10e.

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 5:13 PM

Quote - LaurieA & Flenser,

Win XP Home
Poser 7
PoseLux 1-10d (currently, though this happened with several)

The missing texture files weren't causing the crash, it was something to do with the objects in the scene.  If I turn off visibility for everything in the scene, then start turning them on one thing at a time I can find which object is causing the problem.  The trouble with that is that I can get those objects to export, load and render without trouble in other scenes.  That's why it's so confusing.

That's why I was asking about memory, if the crashes depend on the number of objects loaded and not on which object is loaded, then you might be running out of memory.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 5:19 PM

Quote -

I found out that Posemagic Pro was causing this error.   Is there a way around this or should I just avoid using Posemagic when exporting to Lux?

I haven't used Posemagic very much at all; but I recall there was a script that could turn Posemagic's poses to regular poses.  Could you not set the scene up, convert the poses, then delete all of posemagic and apply the converted poses?  Just a thought.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.