Mon, Sep 23, 5:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Help please?!?! Video signal cuts out when rendering

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:23 PM

Hi!
Whenever rendering in either Poser (PP2010 & P8) 3D Studio Max or LuxRender my monitor will go black and flash the monitors "No Signal" message but it comes back on within seconds.  This has been happening quite a bit since last week and I've made no changes prior to that.  I have since updated my GTX 260 drivers to the latest 258.96 Nvidia drivers and Viewsonic monitor drivers and it hasn't happened as often but it still persists and I'm curious if there's something really wrong with my pc!

Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.6ghz
4gb DDR2 ram
GTX 260
and standard hd's n stuff!

Any ideas or help would be awesome!!

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:14 PM

Forgot to mention OS...
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and all 3d programs mentioned above are the 64 bit versions too!!  :)

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ws99pf ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:30 PM

Same happens to me with PP2010 during long renders. Screen comes back briefly if I move the mouse. Once the render is complete the screen stays on okay. I'm guessing the monitors aren't getting any signals and so go into sleep mode when the CPU is busy. CPU is a i7-860 quad core.
You could look at your power settings in the control panel.

Also Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but using two 5000 series graphic cards running 3 Samsung monitors. 

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 4:37 PM

Oooooooooh!!  Nice sounding rig ws99pf!!!****

I know it's not a low power mode switch as I being the lout that I am have always disabled power saving this that and everything be it pc or otherwise!!  LOL!!  

I'm stumped though...  can't figure it out on my own bothers me immensely!!  

Gerard******

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 10:12 PM

The only thing I can think to suggest , well two things ,

1. make sure Poser is not able to use all the cores- threads for rendering
  2. check the admin logs for any errors recorded to see if a driver or device is actually failing.

themomster0 ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 10:48 PM

Mine started doing that just before the graphics card died.  Got a new one and no problems.

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 11:22 PM

Hope it's not the video card as it's only been in use for a little over a year!!  :(

But on a positive note I changed render threads to just use 1 core in both PP2010 and Max and it seems to have done the trick as markschum suggested!!  I'll try it in Lux after the Max render is done!  

Mind you both renders did seem to take longer but I can live with that!!

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ghonma ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 11:36 PM

If it works on 1 core it could also be a power problem. Rendering at full blast on multiple cores takes a lot of juice and if your PSU is old/low quality it may not be able to power the video card at the same time.

ghelmer ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 11:58 PM

Hmmmm...  didn't think of that ghonma...  It never crossed my mind as it's a newish ( 4 months) 700w psu.  

The plot thickens!!

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 3:16 PM

Sounds just like my old monitor a few weeks back,the result was that the poor old thing was on its last legs,I had to buy a new monitor and wide screen at that so in the end it wasnt so painfull.
p

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 10:20 PM

I would not have expected Poser to have reduced the operating system access to update the video card , it does suggest a power supply , or video card problem . Check your manufacturers warrenty and you system administration logs .

Good luck .

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 11:59 PM

I'm going to try a  new PSU tomorrow I think!!  It'll suck if it's the video card though!!  Mind you I could get a new GTX 480 or sumpin then!!  Hmmmmmmm...

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

morgothemage ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 12:44 AM

i had the same issue a while back go into gfx card settings while using poser or any other high gpu use program and set the video option to use 1 gpu rather then 2.
the hit graphically isn't noticeable, and it should fix your issue. remember to set it back after for playing games or whatnot. or you could always set a profile to change every time you start poser(easiest way)
good luck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.