Sun, Oct 6, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 2:46 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: new tabbed layouts on product pages . . .

byheart ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 11:13 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:37 PM

hoping you will tell me these aren't forced layout pages for all vendors . . . they are very annoying.  Are they going to be used store-wide???

BlakeM ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 12:55 PM

These new product pages will be used store wide.  They were created to help both vendor and consumer to be more  efficient  in a a more modern format.  I know it might be difficult and annoying now, but in the future once everybody gets settled in and used to using the new layout, it should make things a lot easier.  Have a great day.

Thanks,
Blake
Marketplace Admin.

tonyhag ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:56 PM

I hate them as I alwasy save the HTML page when I buy something for reference purposes

byheart ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 2:07 PM

I hate them too . . . much preferrable to have everything on one page and extra pictures loading seperately . . . I will doubly hate them when I get back to crating textures to see . . . don't see why they can't just leave a good thing along - it's a store - don't need modern - need efficient and speedy so I can view tons of stuff - these aren't efficient and certainly won't be speedy . . .

thanks for the reply even if I don't like it.

chichirikwan ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 8:15 PM

There are two aspects of the new layout I would like to see improved, one major and one minor.

The major one is that images can't be downloaded. I make folders of images of every item I purchase and organize them into several different categories as a reference. Downloading the info is necessary because: internet is not always available every where I work, items with their attendant pages get removed, and sometimes stores close down. Please re-enable image downloading.

The minor one is the way "previous" and "next" appear on the images. Sometimes they cover important details such as eyes, mouths, and other such things. The simple solution would be to move the previous and next tabs above or below the image.

Personally, I'm not big on the new lay out. Requires a lot more clicking to navigate which means more time reaching for the mouse instead of simply space barring down the page. I don't see how that is an improvement. Also, it takes away the individual flair of the vendors. 

Daymond42 ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 11:53 PM

I'm alright with the tabs, but the picture viewer has got to go. Those of us with older, slower computers have the computer chug when clicking on the picture as it loads up the image atop the existing page. A simple link to the image would be fine, or even to a popup with the image, instead of some system-bogging code to load it atop the page.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

MAKardel ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 2:09 AM · edited Wed, 25 August 2010 at 2:10 AM

I am very angry about the new style of product presentation on renderosity. Every time I buy a product I have to load some product pictures and the HTML page to identify it later in the mass of materials. With your new product presentation I cannot load the pictures easy to the products folder. The result: I have to buy at other vendors.

(sorry for my bad english!)

3dstories ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 8:46 AM

I don't care for this new photo method either.  I have seen the trick used elsewhere on other sites and it is annoying. Sorry that Renderosity has chosen to follow this.

But it is still nowhere as bad as what happened at Content Paradise. That site is just not fun to spend any time on.

One of my objections is practical.  When I buy3D models in the renderosity store, and elsewhere, I have been right clicking on the images and downloading the promos and info so that I have a catalog always going forward of what I have purchased.  I title them with my own keywords. I really can't do that with this new method.

I'm not sure how other people solve the problem of having 3D models on the disk with no other identifying information other than the zip file.

If Renderosity wanted to help, they could give me and easy way to get a summary sheet & Photos with all the vendor comments (For A3? V3? V4?  What promos did you use for the hair? Shoes? Clothes? etc. Anything else that goes along with it?).   That would make be feel much better.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 8:47 AM

You can download the images, if you right click the thumb and save the linked content (it's thankfully a link to the full image and not some funky JavaScript as elsewhere).

3dstories ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 9:15 AM

I should add that I probably will be far less likely to buy products if I don't have a relatively easy way of indexing them.  

If I have to spend an hour per product at Renderosity getting the supporting information vs 15-20 min at Daz, I have to factor that hour into the cost of buying my model.

3dstories ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 9:26 AM

Reply to Dizzy,

I am not quite sure of what you mean via links. If you mean what I think you mean, you get the index.php and all the nonsense that goes with only one of the big images. Then you have to sort that out, get the big image and do it all over again. Each time you do the link it saves it as the same name, index.php,so you can't just crank through them.  You have spend the time to rename them or delete them after getting the one image.

If you mean just saving the links for the future reference, I have one thing to say: Future=404.

As it was it took 10-20min per model. This probably triples or quadruples the time.

NOT a help, peoples.

I see no advantage to this new method for the buyer. As I said, I have seen other sites use it, and I purchase far less from them than I do on Renderosity. I don't care for it, and on a practical level if I can't get the complete model and supporting information easily, I'll just tend to pass up on the purchases more often.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 9:47 AM

file_458207.jpg

3dstories, I was only talking about saving the product images, not the whole page.
  1. right click the image in the preview
  2. save (probably "save target as..." in Internet Explorer, the screenshot is from Opera's context menu)

MAKardel ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 10:18 AM

Quote - You can download the images, if you right click the thumb and save the linked content (it's thankfully a link to the full image and not some funky JavaScript as elsewhere).

Yes, I can do so. But in the past I saw a product I liked, and I dragged the open picture in a folder on my desktop, closed the pictures window and clicked on »ad to cart«. Now I have to look at the pictures, have to close them and with rightclick AND save dialogue I spent more time without any advantage. Where is it good for? No, that’s not effectiv if you still have to work on. I will spent my time on work, not on shopping.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 10:35 AM

I'm sorry that I tried to be helpful ;-)
You can still open the image in another browser window/tab from the context menu and drag it from there... (I've completely replaced the lightbox via Javascript in my browser btw, because I hate it, too ;-))

MAKardel ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 10:53 AM

Oh no, thank you. Really! I’m sorry if you misunderstood. That was because my bad English, I think. ;-)   I would not worry you.

But I still don’t like this new site. Again: where is the new design good for? For example: I’m working on a 30" display, but have to scroll down the new pages too. They are still »to long«, so why a new design in this way? I cannot see that it will help me or my work (may be my personal way to work).

chichirikwan ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 5:04 PM · edited Wed, 25 August 2010 at 5:05 PM

Dizzi,

First time I tried that when the new page went up, I just ended up with an html location to the whole page. But today that worked. Still slower and more annoying than drag and drop but do-able. 

And agreed about Content Paradise. I rarely buy anything there anymore. It's a pain to navigate and find interesting things. I check there frequently but items don't grab my interest as easily as it used to. I wonder if the same thing will happen here. I spend a lot more here than on my own clothes and food (cuz I'm stupid but I do use my art to make money too) but if it becomes more annoying to navigate, Renderosity might go the same way as CP for me. That's not a threat to Renderosity since I'm sure they believe they're doing what's right at some level (trying to generate more clicks?), it's just a real possibility that my interests will fade to some degree.

ddstargazer ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 9:17 PM

file_458237.jpg

I'm not to happy with the new layout.. I'm unable to view the product pages. When I try viewing a product, it stays on the page for a bit and then redirects to something that never loads.

static.ak.fbcdn.net

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 7:55 AM

Quote -  Dizzi,
I rarely buy anything there anymore. It's a pain to navigate and find interesting things. I check there frequently but items don't grab my interest as easily as it used to. I wonder if the same thing will happen here.

I hardly buy anything from Content Paradise either and this is entirely due to their new layout. It saddens me that Renderosity is becoming just as user unfriendly.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 2:14 PM

Quote - I'm not to happy with the new layout.. I'm unable to view the product pages. When I try viewing a product, it stays on the page for a bit and then redirects to something that never loads.

static.ak.fbcdn.net

So I'm not the only person that this is happening to (I'm using SeaMonkey).

The problem is due to a scriptlet being used to inject an iframe into the page, and because the page hasn't fully loaded, the injected HTML becomes the page content.
It seems uneccessarily awkward, I'd like to know why it can't be emitted directly into the HTML.

exnem ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2010 at 6:17 PM

As a vendor and customer I have to agree... I really don't like the new layout. It seems many members are already voicing out their thoughts about it, so I really hope the admins listen to their members and return things to how they were before, please.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 7:46 AM

Quote - The problem is due to a scriptlet being used to inject an iframe into the page, and because the page hasn't fully loaded, the injected HTML becomes the page content.
It seems uneccessarily awkward, I'd like to know why it can't be emitted directly into the HTML.

I see you've changed this, so the product pages are currently working.

Incognitas ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 7:57 AM

Quote - I'm not to happy with the new layout.. I'm unable to view the product pages. When I try viewing a product, it stays on the page for a bit and then redirects to something that never loads.

static.ak.fbcdn.net

What they said..I've got exactly the same issue.

Incognitas ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 7:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - The problem is due to a scriptlet being used to inject an iframe into the page, and because the page hasn't fully loaded, the injected HTML becomes the page content.

I see you've changed this, so the product pages are currently working.

Actually they are not working.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 9:57 AM

Quote - Actually they are not working.

Giving more details (browser used, whats wrong with the pages etc.) would be helpful.

If you're problem is the one with the layout, which I suspect they may take some time to fix (if they bother at all), then yes that was still there, but at least the pages don't redirect to the FB "Like" button.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.