Thu, Sep 19, 3:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:48 pm)

Subject: INJ pose- with Eyes?

serene ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 12:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:29 AM

This is driving me nuts.

I've created a custom character for P8 Alyson, and I've managed to make INJ/REM pose files for the head morph, but I can't figure out how to include the new position for the eyes. No end of searching have I done, and not one clear answer have I found.

I'm hoping some CR2 Guru here might be able to help or point me towards a good clear tutorial and put me out of my misery.

Thanks!

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 6:01 PM

I'm interested in knowing the same thing too.  I'm having headaches creating a character in V4 and her eyes are a nightmare to manage.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2010 at 6:05 PM

How are you moving the eyes ?  Using the x,y,z translate dials or changing the origin.

serene ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2010 at 1:44 AM

I've used Translate dials- is changing the origin better? I've incresed the scale of the eyes too. All this needs to be preserved.  I still need to know how to place it all in one INJ file.

I've got CR2 Editor, but the structure of the files is a mystical secret to me.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2010 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: Morph problem

Have a look at the thread linked above. The basic idea is to use ERC to link the translation of the eyes to the expression of the morph.

serene ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2010 at 4:17 PM

Thanks, lesbently, but It's really doing my head in. The CR2 and PZ2 files are stiil arcane lore to me.

Arg. I've now got a headache.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2010 at 7:08 PM

OK, perhaps we can break this down into stages. What version of Poser are you using, and what is your operating system?

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2010 at 8:07 PM · edited Mon, 30 August 2010 at 8:07 PM

That was my thread in fact les... and the method works swimmingly.

I just scaled up a stock V4, my morphed V4, brought both into Hexagon. Took note of the scale and position differences, converted them back down to poser-size, and copied the numbers into the Cr2... easy as pie.

Far easier than describing the process sounds...

serene ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 1:53 AM

Lesbently, I'm using Poser Pro 2010 (32 and 64bit) with Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 7:12 AM

BTW Serene, the files are still kind of arcane lore to me as well. But they're only text files in the end, so don't feel too overwhelmed.

serene ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2010 at 12:16 PM

I cannot brain today. I have the dumb.

Are any of these INJ file utilities any good, such as the Python script made by Dimension 3D?

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 7:15 AM · edited Thu, 02 September 2010 at 7:17 AM

Believe it or not, my favourite morph INJ is free... and designed for Daz Studio.

By default it groups all the PBM's to one dial controllable from the figure's Body. and in general works without a hitch.

Do a search for DeltaX morphtoinj on DAZ's forums. Check page 12 of the 1.3 update thread and tofusan has fixed the script to wok with Daz Studio 3.0.

And between the Hex bridge and this script, those are the only things I really use Daz for.

serene ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 12:14 PM

That's helpful for Daz Studio users- but I'm afraid I'm producing a character for Poser Pro 2010.

And finishing off a training title for Poser 8/Pro 2010.

And the deadline is tomorrow.

serene ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 3:03 PM

Dammo- been trying INJ Magic from DAZ/Dimension 3D, but there's no definition file for Alyson. I need more help....

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2010 at 10:12 PM

Well it'd work for Alyson if she wasn't one of the new Poser figures with capsule falloff zones. Works great in Poser for anything like Vickie, Mike, etc.

Unfortunately in this case I'm not sure what to suggest...

serene ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2010 at 5:07 AM

Looks like INJ Magic can do what I want- I've just got to unzip Alyson's CRZ and work from that.....

serene ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2010 at 4:03 PM

file_458703.jpg

INJ Magic did the trick! I could include the Translation and Scaling values for the eyes too! I just needed to create a definition file for the Alyson figure, and Robert was my father's brother.

Deadlines met, and client happy.

Here's a preview of a perfectly formed custom character for Alyson's head.

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 3:19 AM

Great result, especially since it has so much more character (no pun intended) then the average supermodel look most custom morphs have.

serene ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 12:05 PM

file_458723.jpg

Thanks, Jeff. Here's another view, based on a real person who has real character.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.