Tue, Oct 22, 12:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 9:28 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser clothing modeling

Propschick ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 12:25 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 5:56 AM

Hi, ive posted this on the job board and nobody seems to see it lol Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has , say a weekend free to teach me poser clothing modeling basics? I can pay for your time....
I tried this on my own and it just wasnt happening:)

I just spent 4 days calling around to local schools and colleges and there isnt even 3-d modeling classes alone in my area! 

I'm a quick learner so there wouldnt be issues with teaching me...I just need to know what are the best programs to start with, and who has a little extra time :)

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 7:26 PM

hi hun  clothing is a hard one and will take much lobger then a weekend but TG  i never sleep lmao  I will teach you  a few thing all it will cost you is a good spell checker lmao 
Bobbie26ohio@yahoo.com is my MSN addy shoot me a yell and ill fill you in on a few of the base things

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Propschick ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 7:21 PM

lmao - and 3 years later.......hehehehe

Thanks Bobbie =)

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 7:23 PM

Wow it has been that long and as always your very welcome :P. 3 years and we have been such good friends hugz

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Propschick ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hehe, i know...I went looking to see how long it's been....and you were right about the spell checking...haha

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 12:40 AM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 12:41 AM

I'm taking the plunge now.  Bought some Poser books from Amazon.  I'm making the time to do this without getting side-tracked by the other 3D apps I'm addicted to already.  I have the clothes modeled already.  I just want to learn how to import them into Poser and conform them and what not.  Probably give them away for free since this is Poser 6 I have (works with my version of Vue wonderfully).  No one buys Poser 6 content anymore.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Propschick ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 7:18 AM

There used to be a really good tutorial for making conforming clothes but I can't seem to find it anymore...i will tell you I started with Dimension3d's 11 tools kit...you dont even have to bring the item into poser at first...it creates the conforming clothes automatically for you and then slowly you learn the tweaking tricks....PhilC has some great youtube videos on joints and rigging..that would give you a great start =)

BionicRooster ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 12:15 AM
Forum Moderator

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I wonder who took their sweet time, was it TG not emailing Bobbie, or was Bobbie just real slow at replying?  and how in the he!! did a 3 year old post get revived... I mean come on now, it was initially only 2 posts.... lol

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 4:33 AM

Anyone here know if Hexagon 2's manual included a tutorial for making Poser morphs?  And how to import/export OBJ in Hexagon without losing model scale size?

Propschick ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 6:58 AM

Quote - I wonder who took their sweet time, was it TG not emailing Bobbie, or was Bobbie just real slow at replying?  and how in the he!! did a 3 year old post get revived... I mean come on now, it was initially only 2 posts.... lol

LOL she found me 3 years ago on here and a great working relationship turned into a fantastic friendship on this post...she taught me what she knew about modeling and helped me start my own thing in the 3d world...I was wondering the other day how long it's been hehehehe

Propschick ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 6:59 AM

Quote - Anyone here know if Hexagon 2's manual included a tutorial for making Poser morphs?  And how to import/export OBJ in Hexagon without losing model scale size?

Hex I can't help you with, I wish i could =(

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 7:13 AM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52016

> Quote - > Quote - Anyone here know if Hexagon 2's manual included a tutorial for making Poser morphs?  And how to import/export OBJ in Hexagon without losing model scale size? > > > > Hex I can't help you with, I wish i could =(

the info you seek is there at the link.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 2:57 PM

Thanks.  I'll have a look.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 11:49 PM

I installed Hexagon 2.5 which had old Hexagon 2.1 manuals/tutorials for making clothes, props, and morphs for Poser figures.  ShareCG has one also.  Youtube showed a video that claims importing Poser figures into Hexagon and exporting back out without using any re-scaling is possible.  Maybe.

I'll stick with the PDF tutorials as they were written, since I spend a lot of time modeling my objects and don't want to just rush in with them and junk them up doing some hurried import/export without putting much thought into the dialogue options Hexagon and Poser ask for.

raven ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 10:52 AM

TrekkiGrrrl has a tutorial for making dynamic shorts in the Hexagon forum, although she scales up on import and down on export to/from Hex.

3DArtist magazine (issue 19) has a five page tutorial by PhilC on making a conforming dress for V4.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 1:15 PM

The tut on YouTube that doesn't use any scaling for import/export makes editing a model tough when it is only .001" in size for example.  So I'm going with the scaling method used in most of the other tuts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.