Fri, Oct 4, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 3:18 AM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 3:19 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_459051.jpg

The same in D65 daylight

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 3:19 AM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 3:20 AM

file_459052.jpg

Now I changed the lights into evening and inside. Remember only one render !!!!

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 4:51 AM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 4:51 AM

How do you change the lights in that way, is it in luxrender or luxpose?

ice-boy ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 5:31 AM

you need to name them in Poser. then in luxrender you can change them.

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 5:55 AM

You name the lights in Poser for instance to "G1: light" , "G2:light" etc and you can have more than one light in a group. The IBL picture has to be an "filename.exr", but Photoshop allows you to save hdr files as exr. 

You can make the changes even during rendering in LUX - this is really fun. I am moving on to car rendering now. Here I just wanted to see if its possible to render a more complex scene. What I learned was that the more bright and non white colors you have  - the faster the rendering is. You can also find such hints in the LUX documentation which is really useful. 

What I also want to try now is creating HDRIs, it should be possible, because you can render at different Fstops with a given value of ISO.

Thanx to all the people who have put their efforts into this. I wondered what LUX actually does or can do - because when I look at pictures with the reality sticker on it on the other side, they actually don't convince me at all, most of them are as badly rendered as in 3Delight.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 7:36 AM

Quote - you need to name them in Poser. then in luxrender you can change them.

This has worked for me:
GRP1: Light1 could be 2, 3 4 etc etc....
GRP2: Light1 could be 2, 3 4 etc etc....
GRP3: Light1 could be 2, 3 4 etc etc....
And so on and so forth

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

ksanderson ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 9:54 AM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 9:55 AM

Quote - procrustes wrote

Thanx to all the people who have put their efforts into this. I wondered what LUX actually does or can do - because when I look at pictures with the reality sticker on it on the other side, they actually don't convince me at all, most of them are as badly rendered as in 3Delight.

I think that is because some of  those folks are converting their DAZ shaders, too, and/or using bad textures. I am thinking pure good textures and possibly Lux based materials are the better way to go, even for Poser.

Kevin

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 10:08 AM

The skin texture I used is Hanyma -from AerySoul - its very light and just plain plugged in.  Probably skin textures should have realistic skin colors and should not be trimmed for other renders. Another thing that puzzles me in those renders is that most of them are too dark. Probably nobody uses the controls in LUX and sees the possibilities there.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 11:40 AM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 11:50 AM

Something ya'll may not know and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before or if it's even come up yet:

A friend and I found out something about tiling textures from Poser and how Luxrender interprets them. Poser divides a map in order to tile it. Luxrender multiplies it. So, in Luxrender - from a direct export from Poser where the tiling is 10x10 - you'd get "float vscale" [-0.10000000] and "float uscale" [0.1000000]. If you leave it like this, you'll get a white texture in Luxrender. If, however, you change that to "float vscale" [-10.0] and "float uscale" [10.0] you'll get your proper tiling.

Some examples:

If your tiling from Poser is listed as .05, change it to 20.0
If your tiling from Poser is listed as .2, change it to 5.0
If your tiling from Poser is listed as .5, change it to 2.0

and so on ;o).

Laurie

ghonma ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 12:46 PM

Quote - What I also want to try now is creating HDRIs, it should be possible, because you can render at different Fstops with a given value of ISO.

You can render directly to EXR which is an HDRI format. No need to do multiple f-stops.

procrustes ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 1:06 PM

I am not sure if this will give the same results but I try - but I stop now, because I dont want to hijack this thread with  something else

senyac ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 8:57 PM · edited Sun, 12 September 2010 at 8:58 PM

How do you rename lights in Poser 8 ?
whenever I try to rename a light in the Hierarchy editor I get a message stating :
"This character combination is not allowed as an object name"

any ideas?

thanks sen

rty ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 9:12 PM

Quote - How do you rename lights in Poser 8 ?

Like in older Posers too: Select the light, and in the properties tab of the properties window, click on the name and change it.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 9:24 PM

Quote - How do you rename lights in Poser 8 ?
whenever I try to rename a light in the Hierarchy editor I get a message stating :
"This character combination is not allowed as an object name"

any ideas?

thanks sen

It depends on the name you are trying to give the light something like %^$£^ probably wont work.

rty ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quote - something like %^$£^ probably wont work.

Well, it happens I had a Poser Pro 2010 running and I tried copy/pasting "%^$£^" as a light name - It works just fine!
Poser doesn't seem to make any sanity checks for input, so if you need a buffer overflow to make root, Poser seems to be your app of choice... :-D

rty ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 10:19 PM

And before we go OT, here is something for people needing the procedural Lux cloud material (in my case to make water for a huge pool, using a texture was not an option). It works like Poser's, with some additional options:

First declare the material:

Texture "Material::bumpmap" "float"
"blender_clouds"<br></br>
   "string type" ["default"]<br></br>
   "string noisetype"
["soft_noise"]<br></br>
   "float noisesize" [0.250000]<br></br>
   "integer noisedepth" [2]<br></br>
   "string noisebasis"
["blender_original"]<br></br>
   "float bright" [1.000000]<br></br>
   "float contrast" [1.000000]<br></br>
   "vector scale" [1.000000 1.000000
1.000000]<br></br>
   "vector rotate" [0 0 0]<br></br>
   "vector translate" [0 0 0] "float
tex1" [0.0] "float tex2" [1.0]

(Noisetype comes in soft_ and hard_noise, noisesize is AFAIK the same as scale in Poser, bright and contrast are obvious (think Poser), the vectors are used to modulate the cloud type and scaling.)

Once you've done this, add to your material the line:

"texture bumpmap"
["Material::bumpmap"]

To give you an example of how it looks like, for my pool water (caveat - it looks like crap, don't use like that, I'm still experimenting), it is:

Texture "Material::bumpmap" "float"
"blender_clouds"<br></br>
   "string type" ["default"]<br></br>
   "string noisetype"
["soft_noise"]<br></br>
   "float noisesize" [0.250000]<br></br>
   "integer noisedepth" [2]<br></br>
   "string noisebasis"
["blender_original"]<br></br>
   "float bright" [1.000000]<br></br>
   "float contrast" [1.000000]<br></br>
   "vector scale" [1.000000 1.000000
1.000000]<br></br>
   "vector rotate" [0 0 0]<br></br>
   "vector translate" [0 0 0] "float
tex1" [0.0] "float tex2" [1.0]<br></br><br></br>
MakeNamedMaterial "MyPool/Water" "string type"
["glass"]<br></br>
 "bool architectural" ["false"]
"texture bumpmap" ["Material::bumpmap"]<br></br>
 "color Kr" [1.000000 1.000000 1.000000]<br></br>
 "color Kt" [0.73725492 0.90588236 1.000000]<br></br>
 "float index" [1.33]

For the glass material "no architectural" means it uses IoR (slower but better), Kr is the reflectivity of the surface, Kt the transmitted light, and the float index is the IoR (water in this case).

Note there is also a glass2 material, which is a volume glass; But it is pretty tricky to use, for you need to declare the inside and outside IoR on each interface, not only the surface... For instance, in a simple glass of water, you'd have one interface water-air on top, and one interface water-glass all around, and on the bottom... So if you just need to place a "water plane", use the simple glass.

senyac ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 10:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - How do you rename lights in Poser 8 ?

Like in older Posers too: Select the light, and in the properties tab of the properties window, click on the name and change it.

How did i miss that lol .

there must be a bug in the Hierarchy editor because once you change the name in the properties tab and goto the hierarchy editor and click to edit the new name it puts you into a infinite cycle of errors lol

but happy the properties panel works :) so i will just stay away from the Hierarchy editor with lights .

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 10:32 PM
Site Admin

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2010 at 11:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - something like %^$£^ probably wont work.

Well, it happens I had a Poser Pro 2010 running and I tried copy/pasting "%^$£^" as a light name - It works just fine!
Poser doesn't seem to make any sanity checks for input, so if you need a buffer overflow to make root, Poser seems to be your app of choice... :-D

In older versions of poser certain characters couldn`t be used.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 12:59 AM

file_459117.png

I got brave and gave it a go. After 3 hours I decided this was finished enough. I have no clue what's up with the hair. It looks like some textures didn't export correctly. I'm sure it'll look much better when BB gets translation of Poser materials up and running.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 4:22 AM

did you do any post work? there is a glow or some ghosting around your figure.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:11 AM

No post work on it, just posted it as is. I have no idea what that dark circular line is on the floor.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Synpainter ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:11 AM · edited Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:19 AM

file_459126.jpg

Another attempt at Lux rendering...Still "dirty" after 5 hours

1 - Spot
1-  Infin
HDRI image
1- Point @ scale 1 (tried to use on the interior of the headlight)

2 Poser Primitive cubes

JeromeA - Jet Bike and Alarms
BB's - LuxBall

TIDBIT: I stumbled across a neat thing while making this render, You can actually "ZOOM" in and out on the render while it is in progress, using the scroll wheel while the pointer is on the image window. Pretty neat!

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:14 AM

Synpainter, enable noise reduction. I discovered that check box today. Helps a lot!

Weapons of choice:

Synpainter ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:21 AM

Quote - Synpainter, enable noise reduction. I discovered that check box today. Helps a lot!

In the bottom drop window?
(sorry, I am at work and I cannot use Lux  on my old G4)

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:26 AM

file_459127.jpg

Yes, here, I did a screen cap for you.

Weapons of choice:

Synpainter ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:27 AM

Okay, Thanks, I will give it a re-run tonight when I get home :)

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:28 AM

that ghosting around the figure is from using noise reduction in lux.  & the big circle may be from the point light if that's what you used.  laurie had that happen too.
i've started putting a large untextured plane just behind my camera & it seems to clear up the graininess faster, at least with sun & sunsky; maybe it focuses the rays better or something, or gives them something to bounce off of?  still experimenting, so it may be a fluke.

& thank you rty for the water mat; i'll be trying that next. 

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:32 AM

Yes, I had a single point light on export. I do not know how to do the sun & sunsky thing. I'll try the idea of a plane behind the camera.

Weapons of choice:

ice-boy ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 7:05 AM

is the noise reduction done o top of the render or just with the lighting?

does it destroy details form the textures ? 

nightfall ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 8:23 AM

Quote - is the noise reduction done o top of the render or just with the lighting?

does it destroy details form the textures ? 

It is a post-effect, i.e. done on top of the render.

It is ported from GIMP, so a dedicated noise-reducer like neat image or noise ninja may do a better job.

Synpainter ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 8:47 AM

I am pretty sure this was brought up before, but I am think it was in relation to Lux "built-in" geometry.... I was searching back through the multiple threads and cannot seem to locate it.

Is there a "material setting"  that makes a "prop" light emitting? 

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 9:22 AM

Download Version  1.22 Alpha (see footer)

Glas facetting problem solved. (odf)
Same texture on multiple instances now solved. (dizzi)
Some light correction. (BB)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 9:57 AM

Is there any chance of a poser 6 version soon or will that be after the current version is finalized?

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:01 AM

I believe it was stated earlier that poser6  Will NOT be supported

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:03 AM

Quote - I believe it was stated earlier that poser6  Will NOT be supported

Um, I believe they are trying to support Poser 6 ;o).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:04 AM

Quote - Download Version  1.22 Alpha (see footer)

Glas facetting problem solved. (odf)
Same texture on multiple instances now solved. (dizzi)
Some light correction. (BB)

Thanks adp! And welcome home ;o).

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - I believe it was stated earlier that poser6  Will NOT be supported

Um, I believe they are trying to support Poser 6 ;o).

Laurie

Hmm I though I saw a post by "adp" stating he/she was "not going back that far"
must have misread it then.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:29 AM

Dizzi is helping with a lot of the Poser 6 issues (for which we thank him...lol).

Laurie

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 12:15 PM

Quote -

Hmm I though I saw a post by "adp" stating he/she was "not going back that far"
must have misread it then.
 Cheers

Yep, missread :)

As Laurie said: Dizzy knows a lot of what is different between the versions and has P6 installed.
Should be possible to support P6 at the end.

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 12:15 PM

Quote - I got brave and gave it a go. After 3 hours I decided this was finished enough. I have no clue what's up with the hair. It looks like some textures didn't export correctly.

Could it be your hair uses a Blinn node with a texture plugged in?
Since LuxPose recognizes and exports Blinn nodes, but doesn't plug anything into them, you get an unadulterated, almost metallic highlight.

(I think the best/safer solution for now (till advanced material translation is added) is to fall back to P4 times materials (edit all your materials before export, get rid of all advanced stuff), and to do the advanced magic by hand, editing the .lxm files. It's a pain, but it's easier than it looks like.)

You can get rid of the light ring on the floor by changing your filter (render settings) to gaussian, it's a Mitchell filter overreaction.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 12:18 PM

Quote -
Thanks adp! And welcome home ;o).

Have some time now for LuxPose :)

KrashWerks ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 2:01 PM · edited Mon, 13 September 2010 at 2:08 PM

Running into this error when attempting to run the PoserLuxExporter python.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Compiling C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPoseluxmaticnodes.pyc
Compiling C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPoseluxmaticnodes.pyc
Loading  pydough.geometry_export
Loading  pydough.geometry

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.from_poser
Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux
LuxPose Version alpha 1.22, exporting files to C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPosetoLux3test2.lxs

Using sampler metropolis
Using integrator bidirectional
Using accelerator kdtree
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPosePoserLuxExporter.py", line 222, in ?
    ExportScene(scene, globalParameters).write(f)
  File "C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPoseworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 465, in write
    ExportLight(light, self.globalParameters).write(f)
  File "C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPoseworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 303, in write
    self.convert2Lux()
  File "C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 ContentRuntimePythonposerScriptsscriptsMenuLuxPoseworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 278, in convert2Lux
    gain *= .00005 / 8
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'gain' referenced before assignment

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'm getting this...

File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-22PoserLuxExporter.py", line 135, in ?
    poserpath=film.get("poserpath", "").strip().strip().replace('"',"")
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Not sure what it means, but it's broken.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 2:36 PM

Ok that's fixed in v1.22a & it's working but there's another error at the end of the run...

File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-22aPoserLuxExporter.py", line 231, in ?
    mat.cleanup()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'cleanup'

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

ghelmer ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 2:58 PM

I'm getting the same as Lucifer with v1.22a...

File "D:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsPoserLuxExporter.py", line 231, in ?
    mat.cleanup()

Been following this since v1.13 or so and totally enjoying this thread btw!!!  :)

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Haruchai ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 3:15 PM

I was getting the same as stewman. Tried deleting all lights and now get this -

Loading  pydough.poser_extractor
LuxPose Version alpha 1.22, exporting files to C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExportertoLux3test2.lxs

Using sampler metropolis
Using integrator bidirectional
Using accelerator kdtree

GEOMETRY EXPORT
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporterPoserLuxExporter.py", line 222, in ?
    ExportScene(scene, globalParameters).write(f)
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporterworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 478, in write
    ExportFigure(fig, self.globalParameters).write(outfile)
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporterworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 158, in write
    params).write(file)
TypeError: init() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

Something broke.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 3:31 PM

Quote - I am pretty sure this was brought up before, but I am think it was in relation to Lux "built-in" geometry.... I was searching back through the multiple threads and cannot seem to locate it.

Is there a "material setting"  that makes a "prop" light emitting? 

There is a special material 'light' which does that, I haven't used it myself yet, but I found this on the wiki page on materials, http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/index.php?title=LuxRender_Materials#Special_materials_.28not_mixable.29

I'm pretty sure it was BagginsBill who did a few tests with it and posted some renders demonstrating the effect.

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 4:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - I got brave and gave it a go. After 3 hours I decided this was finished enough. I have no clue what's up with the hair. It looks like some textures didn't export correctly.

Could it be your hair uses a Blinn node with a texture plugged in?
Since LuxPose recognizes and exports Blinn nodes, but doesn't plug anything into them, you get an unadulterated, almost metallic highlight.

(I think the best/safer solution for now (till advanced material translation is added) is to fall back to P4 times materials (edit all your materials before export, get rid of all advanced stuff), and to do the advanced magic by hand, editing the .lxm files. It's a pain, but it's easier than it looks like.)

You can get rid of the light ring on the floor by changing your filter (render settings) to gaussian, it's a Mitchell filter overreaction.

You know, I'll have to check the hair settings again to see if blinn is on the hair. I did realize I had to go back to P4 style texture set up on my V4 girl but I may not have bothered with the hair or her sandles. Mitchel filter? Are you talking in Luxrender or in Poser before export?

Weapons of choice:

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:07 PM

Quote - Ok that's fixed in v1.22a & it's working but there's another error at the end of the run...

File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-22aPoserLuxExporter.py", line 231, in ?
    mat.cleanup()

Sorry, can't verify this error with V22a.
Did you extract all files contained in the package and overwrite the old?

I unzipped into an empty folder and started from there without errors.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.