Mon, Sep 23, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:42 pm)

Subject: Audacity 64 bit version?

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 1:31 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Im looking for a 64 bit version of Audacity.Ive been to, the site and its not very clear-there is reference to 64 version but cant actually find the version

p

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 5:37 PM

Attached Link: 64 bit versions planned?

According to them, there is no 64 bit specific version for Mac or Windows and only an experimental one for Linux. That's as of l0 days ago.

Are you on a Mac? perhaps you read this:

"We strongly recommend the Beta version of Audacity for 64-bit systems. "

It's maybe a bit confusing & seems to suggest a 64 bit version, but I think they just mean use the beta if you have a 64 bit system. If you look at the beta's system requirements, "Audacity runs best with at least 64 MB RAM and a 300 MHz processor." I think that rules out it being 64 bit version. I'm just guessing here though.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 7:03 PM

Yes I think your right here,ill have to look for something else for audio recording,thanks again .

p

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 7:04 AM

Why? I've been using audacity on 64 bit windows 7 ultimate for months without issue.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 9:10 AM

The 32 bit version?of Audacity

P

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 9:20 AM

Yep this version:

Audacity ® 1.3.12-beta (Unicode)

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 11:56 AM

OK Ill give it  go and thanks,

P

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 12:35 PM

Good luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.