Tue, Oct 1, 9:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Is there a way to use V3 Expression poses on V4?

josterD ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:13 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:22 PM

I have many sets of Expressions for V3.

When i tried aplying to  V4, they didn't work. none of them :(

Is there a way to get them to work for V 4?

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:31 PM

For some reason I want to say try and save the facial expression as a universal pose. I'm not sure how well it will work with facial expressions but I've done it with body expressions. The one thing you'll probably have to do is to correct the pose since sometimes the Universal pose gave me more of a ball park pose and not the exact pose that I wanted.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:49 PM
Site Admin

Unless the expressions are named exactly the same they will not be applied.   And even if they are, it's a different mesh so therefore the 2 sets of expression morphs would probably have different results.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:53 PM

The universal pose mechanism does not translate any body or face morphs, only approximate positions of body parts.

I do not believe there is a single expression morph that has the same name in both figures (e.g., Smile1 and Smile2 from V3 not in V4)

josterD ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:58 PM · edited Sat, 02 October 2010 at 5:59 PM

file_459903.png

Ok so i guess all my 200 exprpessions are now useless. Well it's ok :)

Is there a simliar package for V4?

This package that I had for V3, had all of this. Each one is a folder containing tons of faces + this package also had tons of Body poses.. total of 800 poses i think:

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 6:11 PM

The vendor here, ironman13, has a package of 100 essential expressions for V4.

You should check his store as there are many other packages available.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 6:40 PM

The pose file will depend on the morph names used. It should be possible to edit the poses to change the names , but the results may not be identical.  I will have a look at v4 and v4 and see if a script might work. 

Theres a lot of free poses at Adam Thwaites site which are probably in freestuff here.

josterD ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 11:54 PM

I got some excellent packages(bought). So thanks everyone.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 2:55 AM · edited Mon, 04 October 2010 at 2:57 AM

I have a new pack of both expression and character poses for V4 in FC2 format here:

[http://www.e-junkie.com/matrixworkz/product/441479.php

](http://www.e-junkie.com/matrixworkz/product/441479.php)
All 80 expression poses require Morphs ++ for V4 and 40 of them require the additional A4 and G4 Morphs for V4. The 50 Character poses all require Morphs ++.

My Freebies

argus1000 ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 10:04 AM

The new Animate2 plug-in for Daz Studio has a feature called "Retarget pose", which can retarget any figure to any other figure, not only poses but whole animations too!  Wish Poser had the same....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.