Sun, Oct 6, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Thank you!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 4:59 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:30 AM

I sometimes don't post a thank you in a thread, despite having downloaded a wonderful freebie gift.  So I want all of you generous freebie makers, to know how much I appreciate your hard efforts and generosity. And even though I may not post a thank you in each of your threads, please know that I have downloaded it and am thrilled to have your works in my archive of "just in case" and in my runtime.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 5:12 PM

I also am grateful to all the contributions, thank you. Sharen

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 5:32 PM

And, sometimes you'll find freebies, better designed then some items in the shops, thanks for this!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 6:06 PM

I am also saying thanks to all the freebie makers! 

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 9:07 PM

Make that for me, too!!
THANK YOU to all the generous freebie makers
!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 10:41 PM

A big Thank You to all freebie creators who have shared with us.

Eternal Hobbyist

Jogase ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 5:34 AM

A Big Ditto from me

Whazizname ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 10:30 AM

Thanks from me, too!!!!

(:

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2010 at 2:12 PM

I'll add my thanks here, too.
Thank You freebie makers, thank you very much!

bjt860 ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 9:32 AM

I'd like to add a big Thank You also. 

Elfwine ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 3:02 AM

Its awe inspiring and humbling when I see really great stuff given out by those who spent years learning and sweating and cursing and modeling. I'm sure we could all name names of content providers of freebies that could easily stand out as a selling product. But they let us have them to play with!

For me, its an honor just to know them and chat with them.

THANK YOU  : )

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Madrigal ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 11:02 AM

Thanks to everyone that's made freestuff - and have, incidentally, kept me Posering through periods of  financial downtime! :D

911-69.blogspot.co.uk/

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 4:05 AM · edited Fri, 29 October 2010 at 4:06 AM

I'd like to say "thanks," too.  :-)  Not only as a free stuff user, but as a free stuff maker.

It is so nice when someone makes a gesture like this -- just to say "thanks."

It's also nice when people offer up stuff that you know they could sell!  I've picked up free stuff in the Rendo free stuff area that's often as nice as 'boughten' items.  ;-)

Really nice of you to start this thread, Acadia.  :-)  This might sound trite, but you're a very good person.  Sweet at heart.

P.S.  Edited to correct mistaken identity!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:01 PM

I just wanted to add my thanks to all the freebies makers out there for their generous offerings. Really appreciate it. Sometimes, I build the render around the freebies.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Apple_UK ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:50 PM

Quote - I sometimes don't post a thank you in a thread, despite having downloaded a wonderful freebie gift.  So I want all of you generous freebie makers, to know how much I appreciate your hard efforts and generosity. And even though I may not post a thank you in each of your threads, please know that I have downloaded it and am thrilled to have your works in my archive of "just in case" and in my runtime.

A few months back I Started about people not saying thank you when downloading freebies. I have revewed my opinion and now say that I really appreciate you saying this, Acadia. 27000 downloads of my free stuff and the thanks amount to less than 2% of the downloads. Those who do say thank you are memorable. I do not necessarilly blame people for not saying thank you though, because when I was new here I didn't. I just pressed the download button without knowing there was a section to say thank you However, people like me who upload freebies do do it for own satistsfaction I think (I do do anyway :)) and people who download do us service, especially when they use our freebies in a picture they make. Do not self feel guilty about not saying thank you, Acadia

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:02 PM

However, people like me who upload freebies do do it for own satistsfaction I think (I do do anyway :)) and people who download do us service, especially when they use our freebies in a picture they make.

I believe you've got lots more download than me so I'm not a freebie maker on your scale but I do it for the same reason.  It gives me tremendous satisfaction.  And yes, people who use freebie stuff are doing freebie makers a service.  If it weren't for the users, we wouldn't get to experience the joy of uploading and sharing!  :-)

Still, it is wonderful when people say thank you and that they like your stuff.  So encouraging.  Makes me want to just fly to Lightwave and say, "Okay, what can I do next that someone might like?"  :-)

So thank you to the users! It is an incredible rush to see something you've made in someone else's render!!!  :-)

Farpa ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 10:58 PM

I must also take this opportunity to say a big Thank You to anybody listening. I've been 'lurking' (terrible word!) around Rendo for several years now, and have picked up quite probably hundreds of free items that I wouldn't have been able to make or afford to buy. I have learned, at least in theory, a few things about Poser (although I STILL can't get Vickie's eyebrows/eyelashes to look right, even after seeing explanations a dozen times), but I have never posted anything here before because I still don't really know enough to make any great contributions to the discussions, or even to ask brilliant never-been-asked-before questions for that matter. But it seems appropriate that my very first post should be a Thank You to this wonderful community. Another point that maybe hasn't been mentioned, is that I (and others?) tend to download a bunch of stuff maybe once every week or two, and then get around to trying them out a week or two after that, and then next visit I do it again - and somehow by that time the thought of tracking down things I downloaded a month ago 'just' to say Thanks seems too tedious or something. Not really trying to be rude or anything; it's just carelessness. Which is often right next door to rudeness anyway. But it's not intentional, and I really DO appreciate everything you generous people do for the community. So, again, let me spread a big Thank You to everyone who so definitely deserves it.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 9:33 AM

I don't mean to flood this thread with posts but I got a notice that someone had responded to the thead and I was curious.  :-)

Farpa, I'm so glad you spoke up.  :-)  It's a lot more fun to talk and interact with the wonderful people who are on the 3D forums.  I've not posted a lot on the Rendo forums either...although I surely have frequented the market!  :-)  And the Free Stuff area.  I honestly had no idea that such nice people 'lived' here.

Anyhow, it says a lot about you that your first post would be a 'thank you' post!  :-)  That's VERY nice!

Greetings and Happy Halloween and I hope you and everyone else have a wonderful day!  :-) 

BionicRooster ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2010 at 1:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I gotta say, it's about d@mned time, you ungreatful b@stards!

Soooooooooooooooooo kidding there, I hope you guys can take a joke :o)

In the beginning, yeah, I was guilty of never leaving a comment or anything. I was downloading everything that looked cool and it woulda cut into my search and d/l time. Now, as a content maker myself (as primitive as my stuff may be), I now understand the power what a nice comment on my items can do. When someone lets me know they enjoy an item, I get that nice, warm n fuzzy feeling inside, and getting "credited" for used items in peoples' images even more-so.  So when I download anything now, as infrequent as it may be now, I try to leave comments on them.  So, I will say it now, and on the record... Thank you content creators. You are, after all, the reason I got into this medium in the 1st place. And on the other side of that coin, You're welcome to all who have enjoyed my crap :o)

I really do enjoy making stuff, as random as some of it may seem...

Like this morning I saw a sign, got an idea, and whipped this up...

Don't ask.... Cuz I haven't a clue lol

But, if anyone wants it, I'll happily put it in my freeebies.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2010 at 3:27 PM · edited Wed, 03 November 2010 at 3:28 PM

'I gotta say, it's about d@mned time, you ungreatful b@stards!"

Oh, my!  Gasp!  Such language...:-)))

Just kidding...that's funny.  ;-)

Of course, someone will want your freebie!  I've got a game textures book and half of it seems to be fille with signs.  Evidently, some people love to make signs with bullet holes in 'em or writing on 'em or...just like to put 'em up for stop or go...

Your sign could be used for many purposes.  One day an artist will come along, looking for a sign -- and there it'll be, right your freebies.  :-)

Cool sign, too.  You made the studs look really natural.  Love the glare of light at the edge...

P.S.  Yes...I know...I'm gonna stop flooding this thread with posts...(rolls eyes at self -- that takes some doin', too)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.