Sun, Sep 22, 9:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free Stuff Suggestion

Elfwine ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 11:25 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:50 PM

Can we please, please, please, have separate categories for...

Clothing (Meshes)             Clothing (Textures)

Would make finding clothing items so much easier.

with kindest regards!  : )

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 12:13 AM

JenX has moved this thread from the Poser forum to the Freestuff forum as of Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:13 am.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 12:14 AM

Hey, Elfwine,

I've moved this thread to the freestuff forum, where the freestuff staff are more apt to see it ;)

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 6:44 AM · edited Thu, 14 October 2010 at 6:47 AM

I'd agree. Combining the two has always left it unclear as to whether the item is an actual figure, with geometry, or just a texture for another figure -- unless the the author actually specifies in his own description. 

...And when it is for another figure, it would be considerate to actually include the information on where the figure could be obtained.

Elfwine ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 11:11 AM

Thanks Jeni  : )

lol! Love that BIG EYE!

bjt860 ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 10:16 PM

I agree with Elfwine and Nance.  It would be a big help if there were separate categories.  I don't know how many times I've moaned in agony when I downloaded what I thought was a mesh and it was only a texture.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 2:25 AM

I'll see what I can do...however the biggest problem is getting providers to choose the proper category at upload. Staff do not always have time to move items to their proper places...therefore items wont show where they are supposed to in search.

Its going to take me some time since I'll have to go thru each character and will have to get to it after work each night as I can.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

bjt860 ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 4:54 AM

Thank you so much.  I appreciate it.

Elfwine ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 12:10 PM

Why not let us help?

Add two lines of text with a radio button below the thumb.

This freebie is a....
( ) Clothing (Mesh)     (•) Clothing (Texture)

We check the appropriate button and it gets sorted. Disputes/challenges can be reviewed by you.
Will save you a ton of work if you have to do it alone!! Let us help too  ; )

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for looking into it for us Jump.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 1:29 PM

You're welcome everyone :)

Elfwine, that is a great idea, but unfortunately I can't do that..that's a techy job that I can't control. I'll ask for the feature tho and see what we get 😉

~Jani

thekingtut ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 3:51 PM

This is an excellent idea.  I've had the same thing happen that bjt860 alluded to, thought I was dl a mesh, only to find a texture.

Lully ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2010 at 12:59 PM

Brilliant idea, that combo option has always driven me mad as it wastes so much time.

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

hemi426 ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 5:08 AM

I second that, too

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 1:14 PM

Sorry for not getting to this yet gang..been having a major problem with an abcess tooth..but I'll get there..I promise ;)

~Jani

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 4:13 PM

Quote - Sorry for not getting to this yet gang..been having a major problem with an abcess tooth..but I'll get there..I promise ;)

No problem, take care of yourself first! This can wait. Its kinda hard to concentrate on anything when you have an ice pick being driven through your face!

I hope you can get in to see a dentist tomorrow!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.