Sun, Oct 6, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Benoit Mandelbrot

LocusSolus ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 1:21 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

file_460406.jpg

The great mathematician **Benoît Mandelbrot** has left us. Benoît died in cambridge (Mass.) last thursday (oct 14, 2010) aged 85y. Benoît was the inventor of the FRACTAL theory and has developped several applications. The 3d software world has lost one of his major contributor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beno%C3%AEt_Mandelbrot

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 1:37 PM

He realy was a great man ! I have met him personally and besides he was a great mathematician, he also was a kind man !
I will remember him
juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

alida ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 2:33 PM

he has left a great heritage  to us
R.I.P

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 8:56 AM

I heard about it, yes.
He gave us lot of things to think about.
And make beautiful art with. :-)

Corrie

XoxoTree ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 5:08 PM

I've read much about him and he has changed my life as well taught many . He will be surely missed but never forgotten. I thank him . Would like to have met him in person. I know that he will  be remember and known as one of the greatest to have lived and to given the world a spectrum of  discoveries yet to be know all cause of him. May God Bless his soul.
Therese

"One Oneness One"

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2010 at 12:11 AM

I don't think my math is any better, but my love for fractal art has made me very happy.  I am glad to have been touched by his work.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.